mtbr member

Mojo HD ship date

Hans,

So when will the first batch of the HD's be shipping out. The anticipation is killing me.

Erik

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I think your sentiment is shared across the world!

mtbr member
    I'm taking a trip to Moab, Gooseberry, Fruita and Bootleg in the beginning of May. Really would like to take the HD for a spin.

Erik

Homer's problem child
    The shop I ordered mine through said the first batch of white frames was supposed to arrive a few weeks ago, which apparently didn't happen as of late last week when I emailed the shop. The first shipment of black frames (the group my frame is supposed to be in) was to arrive at the shop today (April 7th) which I'm assuming didn't happen.

I was told my frame (large, black) wouldn't realistically arrive until mid-April. But based on not seing any white frames built up around here yet I'm guessing things have slipped into May for mine.

BY
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

now shipping

Hello HD Watchers!

We just started shipping the white and green yesterday, black is going to lag a little bit for the first shipments. The first shop to get one is Cal Coast who wrote his order 1 1/2 years ago on a napkin prior to any real knowledge about the frame other than we're making a new model! It's that sort of enthusiasm that makes us work like kooks to make it happen.

Please realize we won't be able to ship out all the back orders at once. We will be assembling the frames and shipping them out as they are made, in the chronological order that the shops and distributors placed their orders in.

The first batches of HD frames are looking excellent and we're very happy to be close to our estimated first shipping date. Things slipped a week or two, but pretty close considering the complexity involved.

Thanks all!

H

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Awesome!

The Crow
    Hey Hans, I ordered a black frame but was too late to make the first order headed for South Africa. Victor (Two Wheel's Trading) said estimate date will be June/ July for my frame. Does that still sound "about right" and will the black frames be ready in time?

While I'm here...TWT is doing a brilliant job representing Ibis in SA. They are just as enthusiastic abou the brand MTB'ing as the rest of us. A perfect fit. [Suck-up off!]
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Psyched for you guys to get some time on this bike, you're going to love it!
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Psyched for you guys to get some time on this bike, you're going to love it!
    Yes, but until then, I am having a tough time getting through the waiting period!

The Crow

Boo-freaking-hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Wernervdmerwe
    Yes, but until then, I am having a tough time getting through the waiting period!
    Says the guy who gets to kill the time on his Mojo Classic!
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Dave W,

Thanks for the posiitive input. I am very excited to get my HD frame built and take a test drive next week! I must say, with the SCc nomad carbon hitting production, I have had to step back and remind myself that the Mojo HD w/ DW link still is the superior suspension (vs. VPP2). I know this first hand being a Mojo Sl owner and a SC Blur XCc owner. The Blur has its benefits, but still exhibits a small and noticible pedal feedback. Visiting your website helped remind me of the physics behind the DW link, the best system available! Kudos to Ibis for recognising this and building the new HD frame around this platform!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    Hello HD Watchers!

We just started shipping the white and green yesterday, black is going to lag a little bit for the first shipments. The first shop to get one is Cal Coast who wrote his order 1 1/2 years ago on a napkin prior to any real knowledge about the frame other than we're making a new model! It's that sort of enthusiasm that makes us work like kooks to make it happen.

Please realize we won't be able to ship out all the back orders at once. We will be assembling the frames and shipping them out as they are made, in the chronological order that the shops and distributors placed their orders in.

The first batches of HD frames are looking excellent and we're very happy to be close to our estimated first shipping date. Things slipped a week or two, but pretty close considering the complexity involved.

Thanks all!

H
    Hans, Being the lucky "'napkin sweepstakes holder" I will be very pleased to see the frame arrive next Tuesday (via big brown) clad in white w/ blue trim! Thanks to Ibis and Cal Coast for making it real! Build pic's to follow soon!
    Last edited by buggymancan; 04-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    Dave W,

Thanks for the posiitive input. I am very excited to get my HD frame built and take a test drive next week! I must say, with the SCc nomad carbon hitting production, I have had to step back and remind myself that the Mojo HD w/ DW link still is the superior suspension (vs. VPP2). I know this first hand being a Mojo Sl owner and a SC Blur XCc owner. The Blur has its benefits, but still exhibits a small and noticible pedal feedback. Visiting your website helped remind me of the physics behind the DW link, the best system available! Kudos to Ibis for recognising this and building the new HD frame around this platform!
    Braking traction is also far grippier than VPP 1 or 2 with the Ibis version of DWL. The Mojo and HD braking is pretty much as grippy and stable as possible to design for the travel. And that translates into more confident corner handling too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Well, it's official. My med Mojo HD frame will be arriving at my house via big brown on Tuesday 4/13! Guess I will have to take off early to greet the UPS man w/ Ibis Box in hand! In the meantime, time to start sorting parts and get to bike building. Way to go Ibis!

The Crow
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    Well, it's official. My med Mojo HD frame will be arriving at my house via big brown on Tuesday 4/13! Guess I will have to take off early to greet the UPS man w/ Ibis Box in hand! In the meantime, time to start sorting parts and get to bike building. Way to go Ibis!
    One lucky fella!

Remember to post build and pics over here:
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Only one more day to go buggymancan!!

Anyone know where South Africa is in the queue?

I want to sell my current Mojo, but don't want to let it go if I am going to be without a bike for a few weeks - mate of mine did that and the result is not pretty

No dabs.
    See this thread. They have arrived.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    In the US yes - but not in South Africa yet.