Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2345
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    but in my experience
    I also don't buy Hans theory on relativity
    I could go on but I probably lost most already and bored you all half to death
    Well you NZ guys certainly sound like experts to me.
    What does Hans know? I'm gonna to ditch proper leg extension for the DH/BMX setup and get a shorty stem so I can walk my bike up the hills like the half dozen guys who I pass everyday up the steep climbs here in Co. But the Go Pro's sure look cool on their helmets!!

Anyways back to the pictures please, no more fit experts please.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TBag View Post
    Here are some pics of my last incredible ride !

Attachment 805036Attachment 805035
    Where was this taken? Great picture!

The_Afterman
    I don't want to derail this thread so or hijack someone else's thread, but could some kind soul give me some feedback on my fitting via PM? I'm a 5'5 rider on a medium frame (125 Lev post minimum insert, 35mm stem, 720mm bars, 29" inseam) and while it rides superbly, I was wondering if I am at risk of hurting my knees or hammies.
    Leg position at full post extension
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-screen-shot-2013-06-03-6.25.03-pm.jpg

slightly lowered post position (~ 1/2")
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-screen-shot-2013-06-03-6.25.30-pm.jpg
    "Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done"

-Mojo HD
    -Niner AIR 9 Carbon SS
    -Zion 737 EBB SS

mtbr member
    I worked at a shop where the owner had a degree in biomechanics/human performance. While I'm of no help, the time I worked there showed me the value of getting a proper fitting done. There's a specific range in degrees you want your joints (knees, hips, shoulders and elbows specifically) to be at to both prevent damage and maximize efficiency. As I said, I'm no help as to what those angles are, but it would be worth the time and money you willl spend for it.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielus View Post
    Well you NZ guys certainly sound like experts to me.
    What does Hans know? I'm gonna to ditch proper leg extension for the DH/BMX setup and get a shorty stem so I can walk my bike up the hills like the half dozen guys who I pass everyday up the steep climbs here in Co. But the Go Pro's sure look cool on their helmets!!

Anyways back to the pictures please, no more fit experts please.
    Play nice now, no expert but I have been around bikes a very long time as well, Ive sorted out plenty of riders over the years as well some kicking and screaming but when I get them there they never look back.

Just had another dude yesterday tell me how much more his
    riding has improved since changing from cross country shoes to Minnarr 5:10s, it only took a year, better late than never, haha.

Dude you enjoy your ride it still a wikid bike and at the end of the day as long as you are having fun thats all that matters, I wasn't trying to rile you up

ps. I only push my DH bike uphills, I can ride my single front ring HD everywhere triple chain ring dudes go, Im not fast uphill on any-bike, but I can climb tech with anyone, I regularly ride up fire roads to access our best trails on my wee stem, I even passed a chick on an easy grade single track trail on Sunday while they were out racing an endurance race, Id been hitting the trails for about an hour criss crossing the event, no doubt she had run 15km, ridden for about 2 hours and what made it even better was she was on a 29er hardtail and very fit looking in lycra, I"ll take it anyway!

Peace brother, happy trails!

The_Afterman

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    Attachment 805125After a few months in 150mm 650b mode I'm back to 170/160mm and 26" wheels with big rubber. Bike feels absolutely alive and I find myself riding with more confidence than ever before...love my HD.
    @bikeboardorblade, thanks for the info, I'll go to my local shop and get myself fitted!

And this ibis is top 10 best looking ones I've seen. While I'm sure the performance of the xfusion stuff is great (I mean come on, lopes rides the stuff) based on aesthetics alone, that bike looks ripper!

What made you decide on going back to 26? Seems most people are leaning towards the 650b what with the Bronson the solo and the other myriad of tweener bikes out there.
    "Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done"

-Mojo HD
    -Niner AIR 9 Carbon SS
    -Zion 737 EBB SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SadikOne1 View Post
    What made you decide on going back to 26? Seems most people are leaning towards the 650b what with the Bronson the solo and the other myriad of tweener bikes out there.
    Much thanks SadikOne1, the bike is finally dialed exactly as I like it.

To be honest I flip-flopped quite a bit between the 650b & 26" setup, trying to decide which felt best. In the end I feel the bike is a little snappier and more lively-feeling with 26" wheels. I value that lively feeling more than I do the extra bit of momentum and rollover that the slightly bigger wheels provide. I think everyone needs to try it for themselves to determine if it makes a significant difference to them and whether the benefits outweigh the negatives for them.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    @SadikOne1, not a problem. Also, will help if you find a shop that will do a dynamic and a static fit (fit you while you are pedaling and while stationary). It could be just me, but it does feel like my posture or riding position can change while I'm riding as opposed to just sitting there. I'm not sure how the Specialized Body Geometry system works, but the Retul system rocks.

mtbr member

Hope First ride

Here she is.
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img_0064.jpg

Frame = Large Mojo HD
    Fork = Lyrik RC2 DH 170
    HS = Cane Creek 110
    Stem = Truvative 60mm right now till I determine the best size
    Bars = RF Next
    Grips = Ergon
    Brakes = XTR trail
    Shifter = XX
    rear Der = X9
    Chain = SRAM 1090
    Crank = XX1
    Pedals = XTR
    Post = Ibis (Lev is in the mail)
    Saddle = Fizik Nisene
    Wheels = Stan's Flow (Stan's hubs)
    Tires = Minion DHF 2.5/Igniter 2.35 (both EXO)

Weight = 27.82
    One 45 minute session at the bike park this morning, but we'll get many more miles together. I'm a recovering weight weenie coming from an XC 29er so this is a huge change for me. It handles REALLY different! That'll take me a while, but I'm sure it will be a blast once I get it all dialed!

mtbr member
    Killer build! Only change would be to get a dropper post. I was not a believer until I got my HD 18 months ago, but it is worth every ounce.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Killer build! Only change would be to get a dropper post.
    I drank that Kool-Aid months ago - A KS Lev is already on it's way.
    ...and so is the downtube protector. That should have been on the frame when it was built.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdemars View Post
    I drank that Kool-Aid months ago - A KS Lev is already on it's way.
    ...and so is the downtube protector. That should have been on the frame when it was built.
    Wow! Nice build sdemars! I'm jealous of all of these XX1 builds - it didn't exist yet when I built mine! I almost want to wear down my drive train so I can make the switch - hopefully something less $$ will be out by then! Please provide a follow-up on how you like that Lyric after you've ridden it a bit.

On another note, how do you like the Igniter as rear tire? - I just destroyed another Specialized rear tire (I'm done with their tires) and I had that exact tire laying around and considered trying it out on the rear even though it seems like most use it as a front tire.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Wow! Nice build sdemars! I'm jealous of all of these XX1 builds - it didn't exist yet when I built mine! I almost want to wear down my drive train so I can make the switch - hopefully something less $$ will be out by then! Please provide a follow-up on how you like that Lyric after you've ridden it a bit.

On another note, how do you like the Igniter as rear tire? - I just destroyed another Specialized rear tire (I'm done with their tires) and I had that exact tire laying around and considered trying it out on the rear even though it seems like most use it as a front tire.
    You can make the switch gradually. Take a look - It's only an XX1 crank. I'm 1x10. Wolf Tooth Components and Race Face both make XX1 style rings now for non XX1 cranks, so you can have a start. In the next few months you'll hear more about XO1 - the XO equivalent to XX1. Ergo - there will be a trickle down soon. SRAM confirmed XO1 will come on some MY14 complete bikes so they must have production running. Go for the ring now, run it 1x10, then decide if you really miss the other gear. XO1 should be cheaper than XX1 but I'm not sure by how much or if it will be worth it. It's so easy to get a 10 speed parts at many levels (I have an XX cassette and an X9 rear der), plus there's no need for special freehub. I was really tempted to go all XX1, but I care more about the DH on this bike than the up. since I'm not racing it uphill I don't really care if I go a bit slower there. Plus I can get a smaller ring for the front if I want and not loose too much speed so long as I stay off the brakes ...of course I won't win in a sprint finish, but who cares.

Igniter - I had it on the back of a HT29er in the past and it hooked up far better than I expected so I decided to go for it. I'll chime in on the tire combo after more trail miles. It looks like a perfect rear given that I have the Minion up front!

I'll chime in about the Lyrik later, but this fork gets some pretty impressive reviews all over the site. After demoing a HD with a 160 version of this fork I pulled the plug. The only other thing I considered was a Pike but that won't be available for at least another month.

Mtb Guide

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SadikOne1 View Post
    Attachment 805125

And this ibis is top 10 best looking ones I've seen. While I'm sure the performance of the xfusion stuff is great (I mean come on, lopes rides the stuff) based on aesthetics alone, that bike looks ripper!
    That is a great looking bike, def XFusion X factor takes it up a notch, that shock is so sexy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdemars View Post
    You can make the switch gradually. Take a look - It's only an XX1 crank. I'm 1x10. Wolf Tooth Components and Race Face both make XX1 style rings now for non XX1 cranks, so you can have a start. In the next few months you'll hear more about XO1 - the XO equivalent to XX1. Ergo - there will be a trickle down soon. SRAM confirmed XO1 will come on some MY14 complete bikes so they must have production running. Go for the ring now, run it 1x10, then decide if you really miss the other gear. XO1 should be cheaper than XX1 but I'm not sure by how much or if it will be worth it. It's so easy to get a 10 speed parts at many levels (I have an XX cassette and an X9 rear der), plus there's no need for special freehub. I was really tempted to go all XX1, but I care more about the DH on this bike than the up. since I'm not racing it uphill I don't really care if I go a bit slower there. Plus I can get a smaller ring for the front if I want and not loose too much speed so long as I stay off the brakes ...of course I won't win in a sprint finish, but who cares.

Igniter - I had it on the back of a HT29er in the past and it hooked up far better than I expected so I decided to go for it. I'll chime in on the tire combo after more trail miles. It looks like a perfect rear given that I have the Minion up front!

I'll chime in about the Lyrik later, but this fork gets some pretty impressive reviews all over the site. After demoing a HD with a 160 version of this fork I pulled the plug. The only other thing I considered was a Pike but that won't be available for at least another month.
    XO1 was announced over the weekend. Reality is unless you absolutely need the 42T rear cog then just get the cranks with a Type2 RD and 10 spd cassette. Works just like XX1. BTW I just sold my XTR group for $850 and bought XX1 so the total out of pocket was around $200 for me which seemed pretty reasonable after riding it for a while. Actually worth every penny of the $1100 price that I have seen all over.

mtbr member

My new HD

New build, super stoked. Although I just gouged the crap out of the non-driveside stay, which sucks. Gonna be slightly bummed if they announce a 650B HD in a week. Oh well, that won't change that this bike is rad.Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielus View Post
    Where was this taken? Great picture!
    Just above Villars in Switzerland. Wonderful mountains to ride!

Another below to show you how much snow we still have!

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img-20130601-00115.jpg

mtbr member
    That is crazy!

Here is another HD/XX1 build I am completing for a friend. Maybe I need to get an Ibis dealership setup? This makes 8 in the last 18 months.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by TBag View Post
    Just above Villars in Switzerland. Wonderful mountains to ride!

Another below to show you how much snow we still have!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130601-00115.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	805920
    sick!

Nice work SP, I did twenty in one year for a brand I wont mention lol, almost embarressed now, do it, follow your dream mate!

ps, don't cut that steerer down haha

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agleck7 View Post
    Gonna be slightly bummed if they announce a 650B HD in a week. Oh well, that won't change that this bike is rad.
    It happened... Ibis Reveals the Mojo HDR ? Your Choice of a 26 or 650b Mountain Bike

mtbr member
    It sort of didn't really happen though did it...

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonays View Post
    This is the HD thread get that talk onto the HDR or HDR 650 thread

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    mojo HD with pike

rockshox pike
    ccdb air
    xx1
    saint brakeset

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-mojo3.jpg
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-mojo1.jpg
    Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-mojo2.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Like to hear how you like the Pike after a few rides and how well it plays with the DB Air

Quote Originally Posted by hkbugs View Post
    mojo HD with pike

rockshox pike
    ccdb air
    xx1
    saint brakeset

Name:	mojo3.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	807980

Name:	mojo1.jpg 
Views:	2022 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	807981

Name:	mojo2.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	807982
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seleniak View Post
    Like to hear how you like the Pike after a few rides and how well it plays with the DB Air
    +1 - I'm planning on putting together a similar HDR build now that they offer the CCDBAir upgrade. What are your thoughts on both the fork/shock compared to the stock Fox offerings?
    "Less yappin' more braapin" - IFHT

2015 Santa Cruz Nomad C
    2014 Specialized Epic Comp C

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 ... LastLast