Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2345
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That's one way to do it. I simply unscrewed the hose from the lever, routed it through thr frame and then screwed it back on. Takes like two minutes and given you are carefull, there is no need to bleed the brake.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Download the setup guide

Set-Up Guide | Info | Ibis Cycles US

It has the procedure for removing the rear triangle.

I can't remember of the top of my head but I think when I built mine I only needed to remove the rear shock mount bolt and the left side bolt from the Lopes Link and I was able fit the hose through without having to remove it from the caliper or lever.

I really hate having to deal with nasty dot fluid.

mtbr member

B&w

Ibis Mojo HD(Large)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-beli-hd.jpg  

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-beliihd.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sick!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Much easier to disconnect the brake line, thread through, then bleed. The shimano brakes are super easy to bleed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That's great! Thanks for the guide. I'm sure this will come in very useful.

mtbr member
    Pretty easy to take the shock mount and upper pivot bolt apart. Takes about 5-10 minutes. I would not recommend taking the brake lever apart.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    et en direct de france
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img_0752.jpg  

Last edited by freerider95; 11-27-2012 at 06:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Loads of nice bikes here. Just picked up an HD based on the great reviews and inspiring pics!

Anyone know if the MRP G2 can be 'adapted' to work with a 28t MRP Bling Ring?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    nice bike

mtbr member
    May 2009

Finally got the HD built up... :)

Took some time getting through AUS Customs and had a bit of a tight fitting headset at first, but great customer service from Ibis and their importer Meeco as well. Cheers guys!

Rides great on the nearby trails around town, yet to see any 'serious' dirt but keen to get out this weekend at some point, and back to NZ this summer as well. Coming off a 7 inch bike, the DW link thus far belies the 160MM travel at the back - it feels like a bigger travel bike on the downs, and a shorter travel bike on the ups. Can't complain about that. Quite balanced with 180mm up front for the time being.

Still getting used to the TT length on the XL - almost went for the L after having tried one out... Have always ridden my bikes slightly shorter, but at 6'4 it *should* be the right size once I get up to speed with the handling, and after all, one of my main reasons for upgrading was a little bit more length to match the shorter stems I'm running of late....

That said, no replacement for a proper steel hardtail in the flickability department.... Next project with all the 'left over' bits from my old Yeti

A few things yet to do - need to shorten the brake cables, and probably up spring for my ~100KG RTR weight and likely switch to Ti once dialled. Could happily go a little slacker as well for the type of riding this bike will be used for - not much more, but considering a Works or similar HS when I switch to a new fork (55s?) to slacken things out just slightly...

Pics to follow...not enough posts yet it appears...!

Frame: HD XL 2012
    Shock: DHX RC4, 350lb spring
    Fork: Marz 66 ATA converted to an RC3... perhaps a 55 Evo Ti in near future
    HSet: Hope Pick n Mix ZS44/28.6 I ZS 49/30
    Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
    Saddle: my old Selle Italia. Upgrade when I can be bothered..?
    Cranks: Saint M815 cranks
    Pedals: Blackspire Sub4, gold / or old SPDs
    R. Der: XTR M985
    Brakes: Hope V2 Special Edition - Green & Black
    Rotors: Hope V2 Floating 203/180, Gold
    Hubs: Hope Pro Evo
    Rims: Stan's Flow EX
    Ty(i)res: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4s (not wedded to these yet... may go back closer to a Highroller type pattern)

08 Master DH World champ'
    Quote Originally Posted by ricovonsuaveIII View Post
    Could happily go a little slacker as well for the type of riding this bike will be used for - not much more, but considering a Works or similar HS when I switch to a new fork (55s?) to slacken things out just slightly..
    Totaly agree with you !!!
    So have a look at this ==> Work Components Headset - 1.0 Degré EC44 -EC49 - Pinkbike
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams ...
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

Mtb Guide
    Took some time getting through AUS Customs and had a bit of a tight fitting headset at first, but great customer service from Ibis and their importer Meeco as well. Cheers guys!

Rides great on the nearby trails around town, yet to see any 'serious' dirt but keen to get out this weekend at some point, and back to NZ this summer as well.

Pics to follow...not enough posts yet it appears...!
    Look forward to seeing your pics, hope mine is sitting in customs at the mo in NZ fingers crossed the waiting is killing me as is the steel SS

XL I think will be sweet Im 5'11 and find a large with the same stem perfect well on the demos I tried.
    Where do you ride when you come to Nz?

Enjoy.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ED young master View Post
    Totaly agree with you !!!
    Cheers ED - I may end up with a 1.5 as well, but will need to get some more ride time in on the current set up to decide...

mtbr member
    May 2009

Pics

Right-o. First pics of the HD pre cable cutting, Reverb, etc....

Black on black on gold, with a tiny bit of Hope green on the brakes.....

Not sure of weight yet - not heavy, but not a light build. Pretty sure I can take around KG or so off between a set of 55s, ti spring and lighter rear tyre, and then gain half of it back with a dropper post!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-8255079444_149d680dd5_b.jpg  

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-8255078492_e9b3360531_b.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Look forward to seeing your pics, hope mine is sitting in customs at the mo in NZ fingers crossed the waiting is killing me as is the steel SS

XL I think will be sweet Im 5'11 and find a large with the same stem perfect well on the demos I tried.
    Where do you ride when you come to Nz?

Enjoy.
    Thanks Mav... I'm sure I'll get used to it with more ride time. Tilted the bars back 3 or 4mm last night which seems to be about right on reach.... just getting used to the wheelbase at the mo.

Will be back in Auckland for the holidays, so keen to hit Woodhill and probably aim for a decent trip to RotoVegas or (finally) do the 42 Traverse for a bit of a break.

Lived in Wellington for a bit, so the local trails used to be a bit steeper and bigger than what one sees locally here in Melburn (cityside anyway!), but definitely planning get further out of town and test the bike out properly now that it's built...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey Rico,

Nice build. I'm interested to hear how yours feels on the trail with the RC4.

Mine came with the Fox from the shop with a 550lb spring (I'm about 118kg RTR). Giving it a quick bounce inside felt pretty average. As if it ramps up just after the half way point.

I've now got a DBair on as I want to get the weight down (every little helps at my weight). Although I know the DB requires a lot of time to settle in and get the adjustments fine tuned I'm interested to hear if you find the same with your RC4. Does it feel pretty dull when bouncing around on flat ground but liven up when on the trail?

I know there is a specific Mojo HD & CCDBA thread on MTBR but I'm interested to hear other people's experiences. My bike hasn't even seen dirt yet but I'm hoping that this coming weekend will be a thorough test. If I can get as much info as possible before hitting the rough stuff, I think I will be in a better position to make my adjustments on the trail.

Oh and another quick Q. The bike came with the Lyric solo airs. I'm thinking I may end up putting the DH cartridge in eventually however I thought I'd see who has done this and how much of a difference it makes.

Thanks.

Matt

Mtb Guide
    Thanks Mav... I'm sure I'll get used to it with more ride time. Tilted the bars back 3 or 4mm last night which seems to be about right on reach.... just getting used to the wheelbase at the mo.

Will be back in Auckland for the holidays, so keen to hit Woodhill and probably aim for a decent trip to RotoVegas or (finally) do the 42 Traverse for a bit of a break.

Lived in Wellington for a bit, so the local trails used to be a bit steeper and bigger than what one sees locally here in Melburn (cityside anyway!), but definitely planning get further out of town and test the bike out properly now that it's built...
    She looks great. Def some good riding and climbs in Wellywood.
    If ya make it to RotoVegas pm me, maybe we can hit up a ride in the Redwoods.

Cheers ED - I may end up with a 1.5 as well, but will need to get some more ride time in on the current set up to decide...
    No problemo !
    Have fun with your new bike.
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

Pretty sure I can take around KG
    Big gain could be made on the cranks, that's the first set-up I see using it.

Quote Originally Posted by my02 View Post
    Hey Rico,
    I know there is a specific Mojo HD & CCDBA thread on MTBR but I'm interested to hear other people's experiences.
    Save money & ugly crack noises going for the Works components head set !!!

My 2 cents.
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

My 2 cents.
    I think your thinking of the angle set from cane creek whereas he is talking about the double barrel air (CCDBA). That said, I agree. I am running the angleset on my SL-R and will likely be switching over to the Works components head set. Forget about the adjustability of the CC, once you get the d@mn thing to stop popping and Cane Creaking you will be afraid to adjust it anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Indeed I am!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Big gain could be made on the cranks, that's the first set-up I see using it.

My 2 cents.
    Haha, yeah - but as a big, heavy (ex) track sprinter the Saints do give a level of stiffness and margin of error!

That said, I've never broken a set of hollowtech cranks... or at least not since those Hones...!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Mav - cheers for the invite - will do if I get down that way...

Matt:

Hey Rico,

Nice build. I'm interested to hear how yours feels on the trail with the RC4.

Mine came with the Fox from the shop with a 550lb spring (I'm about 118kg RTR). Giving it a quick bounce inside felt pretty average. As if it ramps up just after the half way point.

I've now got a DBair on as I want to get the weight down (every little helps at my weight). Although I know the DB requires a lot of time to settle in and get the adjustments fine tuned I'm interested to hear if you find the same with your RC4. Does it feel pretty dull when bouncing around on flat ground but liven up when on the trail?

Hey Matt - CCDBA sounds like a nice shock from what I've heard.... no lack of tuning options...

Did you try playing with air pressure or damping settings much on the RC4 before swapping it out?

Have only had a handful of rides on my HD to date and yet to get it dialled in, so before the suspension engineers attack, I'll note that mine is not really a representative experience to draw conclusions from....

But in the interest of giving a further reference point, my first impressions from said shock:

My RC4 is relatively under-sprung for my weight (350lb spring vs 100KG RTR) so I have compensated with ~175lb or so of air which sits at around 35% (?) sag at shaft. Came with an M tune on which I upped the rebound and low speed compression on a 'couple' of clicks from the original mid setting... scientific, yes?

The bike does feel pretty neutral 'just bouncing on it' - ie not terribly lively but not bad either, and without the ramp up you describe even given the higher air pressure.

First impressions on the trail are actually quite positive: it does feel a bit more lively on the trail than the front driveway and yet to feel like it's approaching bottoming on the milder stuff I've hit around town - up to 4ft drops, some big-ish ruts at speed...

Presses and pops off jumps 'fine' as is, and does not feel like it's wallowing it its travel when climbing or sprinting with the air pressure and LSC set as it is- better than I would have expected considering the too-soft spring.

That said I'm sure it will improve and feel more lively off jumps etc, once I do finally get the right spring weight on there, but it is plenty rideable as-is at the moment, and the bike has soaked up everything I've thrown at it thus far without complaint.

Looking forward to having more of a play around with the setup over the holidays when I have time to dig out some of my old DHX springs out which might yield more meaningful data...

Cheers

Rico

Quote Originally Posted by AaGro View Post
    I think your thinking of the angle set from cane creek whereas he is talking about the double barrel air (CCDBA). That said, I agree. I am running the angleset on my SL-R and will likely be switching over to the Works components head set. Forget about the adjustability of the CC, once you get the d@mn thing to stop popping and Cane Creaking you will be afraid to adjust it anymore.
    Indeed I am!
    So sorry !!!

So if it's about shock, go BOS Vip'R !!!

Haha, yeah - but as a big, heavy (ex) track sprinter the Saints do give a level of stiffness and margin of error!
    That said, I've never broken a set of hollowtech cranks... or at least not since those Hones...!
    Ok, that totaly makes sense !
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast