Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadl
    How long is the shock used in the Mojo HD and how much stroke has it?
    It uses an 8.5 eye-to-eye by 2.5 stroke shock.

The Crow
    A pic of BL and his SRAM equipped HD
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    A pic of BL and his SRAM equipped HD
    The L frame looks too big for Brian

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Are the Iodine Wheels are available with 12mm in the rear? Cause you can see them often on the Mojo HD....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Can't decide on groupo, X9 or XT, pretty much same build kit otherwise. It would be nice to mix it up but have to settle on whole groupo, except for Formula "The Ones". Never had SRAM before and was thinking of giving it a go, pretty much same price either way.

Some quick opinions before pulling the trigger...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've been a shimano man since the 90's but my newest is coming in with SRAM. Too many shop wrenches locally with SRAM on their own bikes to ignore. They most all claim the shifting to be faster/crisper. We shall see.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Iodine wheels come with a rear quick release, but you can buy a pair of 12mm adapters that come on the Opiums for about $20.00 from Crank Bros. I bought a set for my HD and got them in about a week.

mtbr member
    Are the Iodine Wheels are available with 12mm in the rear? Cause you can see them often on the Mojo HD....
    If you get them directly from Ibis with your HD, they already come in 12mm. Otherwise, if you already have the wheels, you have to order the adapter from CB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    If you get them directly from Ibis with your HD, they already come in 12mm. Otherwise, if you already have the wheels, you have to order the adapter from CB.
    Any idea if you can upgrade one of the two HD builds with these and how much extra it would be?

Nevermind, forgot its right on the site.
    Last edited by robnow; 05-13-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Snapper

Mojo HD

Quote Originally Posted by THOR THE THUNDERGOD
    Never posted before but your sence of humor regarding you posting on the Turner thread made me laugh. Just crusing the HD thread as it will be my next bike just checking all of the builds to get the best option for Australia
    Best option for Australia is a Turner Spot dw. Now thats funny.

mtbr member
    The HD has 12mm maxle right? How are people running Iodine's then?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    The HD has 12mm maxle right? How are people running Iodine's then?
    There has to be an Adapter. I am looking for that option too.

Church of the Wheel
    Ibis gets Iodines straight from Crank Brothers with the 12mm Maxle. Not to be a dick, but this has been discussed before. "Search" is your friend.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb143
    Ibis gets Iodines straight from Crank Brothers with the 12mm Maxle. Not to be a dick, but this has been discussed before. "Search" is your friend.
    But I've heard that there is an option for that 12mm axle as well. So everybody can change their Iodine to a 12mm axle.

Church of the Wheel
    From a few posts up in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

MPI
    mtbr member
    Simple questions;

1x9 setup 34t in front short or medium cage (Shimano saint 810)?
    Recommended rear brake hose and rear derailleur cable lenght?

I almost forgot. Frame size is XL.

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI
    Simple questions;

1x9 setup 34t in front short or medium cage (Shimano saint 810)?
    Recommended rear brake hose and rear derailleur cable lenght?

I almost forgot. Frame size is XL.

Thanks in advance.

Short cage. How tall are you? The XL is huge.

MPI
    mtbr member
    I already have had an XL Mojo for sevaral years. I was thinking a L size first but I donīt want pedal my nose pointing to ground. I prefer XL with HD type rig., My DH bike (IH Sunday) is fine with size L. I am 6'22 with 35,4 inseam. Anyway thanks for cage info.
    Last edited by MPI; 05-16-2010 at 08:16 PM.

ohhman

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How tall are you? The XL is huge.
    How huge exactly are we talking? I've been able to demo a L but not a XL. The L had at least a 100mm stem, maybe 110, and the setback seatpost of a Joplin4. Riding it, to me the size felt fine but the experts at the shop fitting me said to go XL, based on a riding position with knee over pedal spindle(would have had to slide seat up a little), and back and arms basically making a 45 degree angle, more to it than this but you get the idea.

According to them, the best fit with a 70 or 80mm stem which is what this type of bike should be speced with, would be the XL. This will be my first full suspension and I've only ever ridden 18.5-19" cross-country hardtails where I was used to being stretched out with a long stem.

I'm trusting their decision but have been paranoid as we haven't been able to fit on the XL. Doesn't seem like a huge difference from L to XL, 0.8" of an increase in TT, 0.6 in HT, 2" at the ST but only 0.4" at SO.

BTW, I'm 6'2" with limbs, I don't know, proportioned right for my height anyway.

MPI
    mtbr member
    I will be riding my XL with 50mm stem..

mtbr member
    The XL does not look very big to me, looks pretty similar to the regular mojo which is on the smaller side for a XL as well.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow
    How huge exactly are we talking? I've been able to demo a L but not a XL. The L had at least a 100mm stem, maybe 110, and the setback seatpost of a Joplin4. Riding it, to me the size felt fine but the experts at the shop fitting me said to go XL, based on a riding position with knee over pedal spindle(would have had to slide seat up a little), and back and arms basically making a 45 degree angle, more to it than this but you get the idea.

According to them, the best fit with a 70 or 80mm stem which is what this type of bike should be speced with, would be the XL. This will be my first full suspension and I've only ever ridden 18.5-19" cross-country hardtails where I was used to being stretched out with a long stem.

I'm trusting their decision but have been paranoid as we haven't been able to fit on the XL. Doesn't seem like a huge difference from L to XL, 0.8" of an increase in TT, 0.6 in HT, 2" at the ST but only 0.4" at SO.

BTW, I'm 6'2" with limbs, I don't know, proportioned right for my height anyway.
    Kee over Pedal spindle...we are talking about a little Freerider and not a Road Bike buddy. This sort of bike has to make FUN. I don't want a stretched out position like on a XC. I am 6' and thinking about getting a medium one instead of a large. Maximum stem lenght will be 50-60mm for me and nothing more.
    I like to have a playfull bike which I can throw around under my body. I don't want the bike riding me, I want to ride the bike active.
    But I often see people on the trails with to big frames in my mind. With 6'2" you are a bit bigger than me but not that big. I have a friend who is 6'6" tall. What should he ride? An XXL?
    But it's all about preferences and feeling great and confidence on a bike. So everybody should buy what feels good to him.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    According to them, the best fit with a 70 or 80mm stem which is what this type of bike should be speced with, would be the XL.
    Sorry, I should correct this statement to avoid confusion. They didn't actually say it should be 70-80 but MAX 80mm.

L or XL, I've been going nuts trying to sort this out.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    This will be my first full suspension and I've only ever ridden 18.5-19" cross-country hardtails where I was used to being stretched out with a long stem.

I just missed that in my first looking at your post.
    If you are used to ride a 18,5-19" Hardtail (which is about what I would use when riding a Hardtail) than an XL would be way to large! Your riding position is totaly different on a long travel full-suspension setup. Maybe you have to get used to it to feel confident but you won't regret. So take the smaller size if you ask me.

Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast