Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    Sorry for my bystanding point of view, but since you guys are openly complaining about this guy Avi, shouldn't Ibis consider take a closer look on this LBS to check out what is happening? If it was me, I would take extra care where people exchange parts to take advantage on unadvised costumers. For what has been said, it looks like this LBS doesn't seem worthy of carrying the Ibis flag at all. Maybe you could contact Ibis about that, if you guys are that much worried about it.
    I stand by in my praise for both Avi and wrenchscience based on my 2 purchases. Nothing on my 2 purchases were anything but what I spec'd. In fact, Avi even added the frame protector at no cost because he was not happy with how the large diameter Hope brake hose was fitting under the clips on the down tube. He never even called me, he just did it because he thought it was right. Thanks again Avi.

mtbr member
    Well, I can't help but wonder... I know it's a Santa Cruz, but how sweet would be the HD with this paint scheme - red with white. Hans, please, consider a custom paint service in the future, or at least add some more color options for us to chosse from.

mtbr member
    Naw.....Ferrari red is too mainstream for a cutting edge bunch of envelope pushers like Ibis... I say keep the controversial & polarizing colors coming.... Oakley never shy's away from alien-esque designs that turn people off at first, until they all buy a pair 6 months later.....
    and an Ibis red would have to have a tongue in cheek bodily fluid name, right? So, a nice dark red w/ a hint of purple called.... jugular juice... well, that's kinda weak, but cut me some slack, it's Friday....
    Or what about a straight-up bright fire engine red? That would look pretty badass.....glad I thought of it!

mtbr member
    I guess you are right about the red, it's a very popular color choice, but you gotta love the two tone scheme. I guess my color of choice, considering the already known Ibis color range, would be the Ed orange with a full carbon rear but all the graphics in the same orange. One word: killer!

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    About colors: Is it just me, or are the ibiscycles.com photos of the Vitamin P color very different from the actual bike in person? It looks very green & flourescent on the site; in person its 98% yellow IMO. Is this an early production kink that will get tweaked, or am I imagining things, or am I right but nothing will be changed anyway?

Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So where are the reviews? C'mon, a few of you guys have been on them now.

Thanks

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Yeah I was searching for reviews and ended up here. That 2nd pic was taken by me at the demo Monday but I want to compare my xperience to others..
    Climbing ain't easy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemeat
    Yeah I was searching for reviews and ended up here. That 2nd pic was taken by me at the demo Monday but I want to compare my xperience to others..
    So how was the demo experience?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hans - can you please clarify the color on the Vitamin P? Is it green as per the pics on Ibis site or am I going to receive a yellow color as above? Whats going on with this color not resembling anything like the color on your site?

That colors just wrong on so many levels!

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Oops what have I done? To be honest their pic looks like it was taken on a shady back deck w/ a good camera whereas mine was in full direct sunlight with the crap iphone. But still I noticed enough of a difference to stop & take the photo in the 1st place. So yeah I dunno.. maybe its that photochromatic stuff? Or being demo bikes they've been faded already? Or the web designer used a mac and we're lookin at pc screens? Still you'd think they'd be optimized for the "web palette" or whatever

Dunno man, still a badass bike but yeah the nuclear flouro green is what made me drool, looks like it'd set off geiger counters

Btw here's another pic I took that day.. definitely washed out but still

Climbing ain't easy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Seen this pic on bike rumor which is slightly greener but not like the loud green that ibis show the color as, it looks as though their pic has had the saturation increased. Kinda sucks as I based my order on the color shown as per ibis site.

not impressed

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Ah yeah that one's about accurate I'd guess. Still not as green no, bummer. Ppl are obsessed w/ saturation & vibrance sliders, its like the new lens flare
    Climbing ain't easy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    I think it depends on lighting too. I saw an XL in the shop that looks like there is more green in it; but it's nothing like the nuclear pesto. The color looks like you took some vitamin B and then took a leak, Thus, the vitamin P I guess .
    I was on the HD in greasmeat's picture earlier in the day on Monday and it looked yellow out in the sun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow
    So how was the demo experience?
    I was on that bike earlier in the day after riding an sworks enduro earlier in the morning.
    Nothing at the park where the demo was held requires a 6 inch bike but it was a pretty good place to see how it climbed/descended through some rocky sections. So I ended up spending another two hours repeatedly seeing how well myself and the HD did at that.
    When I first hopped on it I immediately noticed how it felt like --- wait for it ---
    a Mojo... I felt the biggest difference was that it was much stiffer than my non SL Mojo and was lighter too due to differences in builds - those were both pluses in favor of the HD...

The Crow

Updated Build

Green, yellow, orange, black, white...whatever. Just let me have a Med HD and life will be bliss.

My build's been updated to this, now just the frame!
    Size:.........Medium
    Fork:.........RockShox Lyrik Solo Air DH with Tapered Steerer
    Shock:......Fox RP23 (Stock)
    Wheelset:..Industry Nine Enduro laced to Flow rims
    Headset:....Chris King
    Handlebar: Deity DirtyThirty
    Stem:........Sunline V1 AM 65mm
    Brakes:......Formula The one with 180mm rotors
    Grips:........ODI
    Shifters:.....SRAM XO GripShifts
    Front Der:..SRAM X9
    Rear Der:...SRAM X0 Redwin
    Crank:.......Race Face SIXC 22-36T with e.thirteen DRS
    Cassette:..SRAM X0 Redwin
    Chain:.......SRAM X0 Hollow Pin
    Seatpost:..KS Kobra i950 with remote lever
    Saddle:.....Chromag Lynx
    Tires:........Maxxis Minion DHF front and rear / WTB Weirwolf / Lots of other stuff
    Pedals:.....Superstar Components Mag with Ti Spindle
    Weight:.....?
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    How are the HD's riding? No feedback anywhere on this site, whats going on? do they pedal like crap or something!

mtbr member
    Oh Lordy.... I hope we're not looking at another 6 months of people *****ing about color perceptions and hassling the kids at Ibis with endless flame posts. C'mon people....color correction is an entire field of study unto itself, and every different camera, setting, monitor, and brain could produce different perceptions..... If it's a crisis....pick white, or black, or wait until you can see one in person.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Chill ! No ones flaming, we just like green not yellow

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Chainguides now in the store

If you're one of the lucky few who've received an HD, the custom MRP/Ibis Mini G chainguide is now in the store, right about here.
    We don't have a retrofit kit for the Mojo and Mojo SL yet, but we are working on it. Sorry, no ETA yet.
    Once things settle down a bit, we're also hoping to have some dual ring and other chainguide availability info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well, I joined the Ibis cult today. One XL Mojo HD in "Tennis Ball Yellow". Thats exactly what the color is like. Prefer the white but I'll live with it. Building it up next week, so stoked. Damn, that was a chunk of change to lay down.

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Grats man. Yeah tennis ball yellow is good way to put it. Should update those photos on their site IMO, it ain't green - so thinking of white now too, bummer.

I'm not really the best guy to ask about my demo experience; I've never ridden a Mojo, a DW-link bike, any bike with that much travel, or any all-carbon bike even. So it was a lot to take in for me at once & tough to determine whether the stiffness was from those great Iodine wheels or the frame etc. Never even ridden proper tubeless before, so the grippy lower air pressure was cool to experience. Hell even the perfect front shifting was a standout from my old ass shifters & rubbing derailleur.

But in general I'd say it felt real stiff, as well as efficient. If suspension is 4x4 squishie on one side of the spectrum & race track firm on the other, I'd say it leans towards race car in a vague non-helpful way. I guess it didn't feel super "plush", yet those are some big rocks at the end of Rocky Ridge and it just went over em; eventually I realized I didn't really even have to thread around them much, which was weird & very cool & kind of depressing since I don't like my current bike as much now after experiencing that. Knowing that it has 20mm of travel over my bike, yet is lighter, with less noticeable bobbing, is pissing me off LOL

BTW I really want some Iodine wheels. Love that loud quality Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Climbing ain't easy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

... and if we just ... Colours

Why in the earth would you want to cover up the sexiest carbon fibre frame available anyway???

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR THE THUNDERGOD
    Why in the earth would you want to cover up the sexiest carbon fibre frame available anyway???
    Unfortunately its not a choice as apparantly the matte carbon isn't available till fall, at least here in Canada anyway. Its my first choice fa sure.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    How long is the shock used in the Mojo HD and how much stroke has it?

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    I got to do a short demo ride. I have to say, what's up with the long stems and narrow narrow bars? Thats not going showcase the bike correctly and give it the correct feel.

I never got it on dirt, but it was stiff and did pedlal well. The Geometry screamed go fast.
    I guess I'll have to wait till mine comes in to give it a good review.

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast