Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Throw a shorter stem, single or double with bash on the cranks, a short cage rear der a Push'd shock and that thing would be money

Oh and maybe that new weirwolf 2.3 TCS on the front
    Last edited by Yody; 04-15-2010 at 12:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Good job! Lol

Never posted before but your sence of humor regarding you posting on the Turner thread made me laugh. Just crusing the HD thread as it will be my next bike just checking all of the builds to get the best option for Australia

The Crow

I've been a bad, bad boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Yody
    Do it, grab a pic and post it up!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6811110
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Well,
    Ibis Mojo HD Numero Uno is coming together! The new Mojo Hd build is looking like 26.74 lbs (w/ pedals) and 27.5 lbs with pedals (carbon post). Add another .68 lbs for Joplin 4 post and she rides at 28.21 lbs! The weighs are based actual weight of partial assembly (pictured) and remaining parts weighed separately. Pic's to follow upon build completion and the first dirty test ride. See Mojo HD Numero Uno partial story: (http://www.chuckibis.com/chuck_spew/)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-mojohd2.gif  

Last edited by buggymancan; 04-18-2010 at 10:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

sea otter

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img_0094.jpg

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img_0099.jpg

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-img_0228.jpg
    My bikes:
    2009 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon, 1x9 "trail monster"
    1996 Bontrager Privateer Comp, 1x9, Hydro V's

The Crow

Chub Hubs

Quote Originally Posted by jeth
    Those Chub wheelset looks interesting, and not listet on their website. Is there anyone who knows anything about them?
    Made by The Hive

Review
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/chub-hub-pro-review/

On their website
    http://bythehive.com/collection/chub-hubs/

Expalined in detail
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/hive-ch...view-2009.html
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

mtbr member

The geared rear hub and the rims is more what I had in mind. But I have been talking to my LBS since my posting, and according to them the hub will be available in June. They didnt know about the rims, though.

mtbr member

New 2x10 and 3x10 set-ups on the HD

Hans, what would be the best combination regarding the new 2x10 and 3x10 gear set-ups by SRAM and Shimano to optimize heavy trail and AM riding on the HD? This is all too new for me and I keep wondering what would be better for the new crankset and cogset sizes. Thanks.

Last edited by Black RONIN; 04-19-2010 at 09:36 PM.

mtbr member
    ....just got a heads up from competitive cyclist... LARGE white mojo HD has shipped. suh-weet.

BUILD
    2011 Fox Float 36 tapered RLC white
    Cane Creek 110 blue
    syncros AM white/black stem
    2010 Easton monkeylite DH white/black
    Race Face white grips w/ blue ODI locks
    Hope M4 front w/ custom blue anodized adaptor and blue hope master cylinder covers 183mm Blue Hope floating rotor
    Hope X2 rear direct mount 160mm Blue Hope floating rotor
    Custom Goodridge white braided lines w/ blue fittings and black sleeve.
    Hopes SRAM "matchmaker" clamps.
    Crankbrothers Iodines w/ 12mm rear adaptors from CB
    middleburn bullet blue ano valve caps
    Crankbrothers joplin 31.6
    Selle Italia SLR Troy Lee Spiders white.
    Chris king mango headset spacers
    SRAM X.0 shifters
    Jagwire white derailleur cables w/ extension
    Wellgo MG-1 White titanium axle pedals, saving for Twenty6 blue prerunners
    SRAM chain, cassette
    SRAM X.9 front and rear derailleur
    Truvativ Stylo GXP 2.0 crankset, saving for RaceFace SIXC
    Maxxis ignitors 2.35 F/R will go UST contiental mountain king 2.4's soon after build

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I got mine built up earlier today and took it out for a little while on a local trail. Chain guide will be coming next week and I need to cut down the front brake line a little bit.

Large Mojo HD in white
    Fox 36 Float RC2
    DT EX1750
    Avid Elixir CR
    Race Face Sixc Cranks
    SRAM x0 shifter/derailleur
    Thompson post
    Tioga Spyder saddle
    Titec Pluto Carbon bars (Sixc bars in the near future)
    Marzocchi Roco Air WC will be put on in the near future.

Will post a picture when I'm at my computer later tonight.

mtbr member
    Definately post pics, haven't seen the SIXC cranks on an HD yet... yours will be the first !

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sorry for the bad photo, but the only camera that I own is the one on my iPhone. I will try and get some better photos tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-26411_1378448614844_1040749875_31140083_1482782_n.jpg  

MPI
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman1218
    Sorry for the bad photo, but the only camera that I own is the one on my iPhone. I will try and get some better photos tomorrow.
    Looks sweet dustman. Anyone knows that will HD accept the same Ti bolt set than normal Mojo and Sl?
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    Well,
    Ibis Mojo HD Numero Uno is coming together! The new Mojo Hd build is looking like 26.74 lbs (w/ pedals) and 27.5 lbs with pedals (carbon post). Add another .68 lbs for Joplin 4 post and she rides at 28.21 lbs! The weighs are based actual weight of partial assembly (pictured) and remaining parts weighed separately. Pic's to follow upon build completion and the first dirty test ride. See Mojo HD Numero Uno partial story: (http://www.chuckibis.com/chuck_spew/)
    Is this build finished yet or have you been too busy riding to tell us how she rides?!

Come on guys need some ride reports!

mtbr member
    YES ! how about some feedback from the HD owners.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Almost

My HD is almost built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-hd2.jpg  

Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-hd1.jpg  

holding back the darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman1218
    Looks sweet. Any worries about throwing your chain? I couldn't get my 1x9 setup to work without a tensioner/guide system.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Looks sweet. Any worries about throwing your chain? I couldn't get my 1x9 setup to work without a tensioner/guide system.
    I've dropped the chain only twice in about 150 miles. The trails in MN aren't very rough except for a few man made rock gardens. I have the MRP chainguide coming next week, so I will post up a full review next weekend.

The Crow
    "You don’t see that yellow bike in the middle. And if you did see that yellow bike, you’d see that the duct tape on the down tube says ‘NOT A STOCK COLOR’, so there is no confusion."

There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

HD build complete

Wrenchscience just completed my build and are shipping it out today. My salesperson, Avi Byer, was great to work with and put up with my weekly emails and phone calls wondering when my frame would arrive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Picture & Build Thread-nelson.jpg  

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by gnelson2004
    Wrenchscience just completed my build and are shipping it out today. My salesperson, Avi Byer, was great to work with and put up with my weekly emails and phone calls wondering when my frame would arrive.
    Congratulations, and glad to hear that Avi took care of you. Word to the wise though, make sure that all the little parts, e.g. cassette, are what you paid for. I purchased a Mojo SL from Avi and had some discrepancies, along with a couple warranty issues on the build. Unfortunately, once Avi had my money and bike was delivered, his customer service suddenly dropped way off. That was two years ago and as you can tell I'm still bitter. I won't be a repeat customer.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb143
    Congratulations, and glad to hear that Avi took care of you. Word to the wise though, make sure that all the little parts, e.g. cassette, are what you paid for. I purchased a Mojo SL from Avi and had some discrepancies, along with a couple warranty issues on the build. Unfortunately, once Avi had my money and bike was delivered, his customer service suddenly dropped way off. That was two years ago and as you can tell I'm still bitter. I won't be a repeat customer.
    I also purchased a 2007 Turner RFX at wrenchscience and was totally happy. There were no problems whatsoever.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb143
    I totally hear you on this one, Avi couldnt be more helpful in selling me the mojo sl but when it came with the wrong headset he didnt wanna know!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    So I need your help here fellas. I got my name on a frame for the clear matte finish through WS & Avi is my sales guy. Not sure if I should get the X9 build kit they offer or only get the frame from them and finish it up myself. I wonder this because I'm 50/50 on how I feel about WS customer service. Also if I build it myself I was thinking of doing a 1x10 build.

mtbr member
    Sorry for my bystanding point of view, but since you guys are openly complaining about this guy Avi, shouldn't Ibis consider take a closer look on this LBS to check out what is happening? If it was me, I would take extra care where people exchange parts to take advantage on unadvised costumers. For what has been said, it looks like this LBS doesn't seem worthy of carrying the Ibis flag at all. Maybe you could contact Ibis about that, if you guys are that much worried about it.

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast