mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Mojo HD and MRP AMg Guide BB Mount? Will it work?

Hi folks

Just put an order in for one of the new MRP AMg Guides with the BB Mount.

Just had a thought that maybe it won't work on the HD due to the lower pivot bolt! Anyone got an idea if it will be OK?

mtbr member
    I hope so I ordered one too! Will know in a week when I build the bike up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Any news guys? I'd be curious to know if it works before I'll buy it myself.

mtbr member
    Waiting on my wheels before I build up the frame. Hopefully next week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I had to order the AMg Guide from the US to arrive here in the UK which has taken a while. It is supposed to be delivered this week so i should have it running by the weekend...maybe!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    At first I thought this was gonna be a "will it blend" thread - thankfully not!

I can't see any problems with mounting an AMg to a HD. Thanks!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Any updates on this from anyone? Please post pictures and ride report. I'm ordering my guide next week!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Should be. I was able to mount an e-13 SRS and LG1 chainguide to the HD with a BB adapter. No reason the MRP chainguide's wouldn't work either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm running a Straitline Silentguide with BB adapter and having no issues. the only tight spot is between the BB adapter and that lower link, about 2mm clearance, I removed all air from my shock and cycled the suspension a few times to make sure that the BB adapter plate doesn't contact the lower link at any point, all good!
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    My AMg Guide is now fitted. Very easy to install. Clearance between lower pivot is tight but OK. Runs silently, no rubbing, no dropped chain. Great!

mountain biker
    Groundskeeper, since you're in the UK, I'm going to assume you've seen a bit of mud on your maiden voyage with this setup... Still no problem with clearance or rubbing?

I'm about to order some sort of chain guide for my HD I'm running 1x and this solution is pretty much at the top of my list.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Surprisingly since I fitted the guide there has been no mud-ground is frozen solid! Really impressed with the item though.

mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by groundskeeperwilly View Post
    Surprisingly since I fitted the guide there has been no mud-ground is frozen solid! Really impressed with the item though.
    how 'bout now?! any mud in the past two weeks?

I've ordered an AMG from the bike shop, but I'm not beholden to it. I think my biggest concern now is whether the boomerang will constantly move under repeated hits... I'm thinking one of those dangly 1x thingies that replaces a front derailleur might be better, and just keep my bash ring... decisions decisions....
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Surprisingly still no mud! Its either been frozen or several inches of snow! Should see some mud next week when the snow melts but I don't think I will have any issues TBH.

Mtb Guide
    How about some pics of it mounted cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Any chance that MRP is going to make an HD backplate for the AMG?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    Any chance that MRP is going to make an HD backplate for the AMG?
    No plans at the moment. However the Ibis-specific Mini G3's are due around the middle of next month.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    No plans at the moment. However the Ibis-specific Mini G3's are due around the middle of next month.
    Good to know. I have the mini G2, which I like. But I go through lower guides like crazy, and PNW winter conditions are none to friendly for that area. Seeems like the AMG with XX1 style ring and type 2 derailleur would be perfect for my HD. I have everything but the guide. G3 seems nice too.

Mtb Guide
    Hey can some one PLEASE post some piccs of their AMG guide on the HD

cheers much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    I'm running a Straitline Silentguide with BB adapter and having no issues. the only tight spot is between the BB adapter and that lower link, about 2mm clearance, I removed all air from my shock and cycled the suspension a few times to make sure that the BB adapter plate doesn't contact the lower link at any point, all good!
    Are you able to post a photo of the clearance? I was told by our Ibis distributor that this guide doesn't even come close to fitting the HD?

mountain biker
    Hey all,

I thought I'd post up my experience since I've posted in this thread in search of proper chain management for a single ring setup. I wouln up buying one of those narrow-wide profile chainrings from WolfTooth Components instead of a guide. I have over 6 rides on really rough terrain, and nary a dropped chain. Colour me impressed. I'm running a 32 tooth ring, an 11-36 XT cassette and a Zee derailleur (with a clutch). It's an amazing combo. Oh and for chainring protection I'm running a bashguard (from Straitline). Time will tell I guess, but for my riding and my terrain (which is pretty rough), the narrow-wide profile chainring and clutch derailleur provides ample chain retention.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

Mtb Guide
    AMG..

I run XX1 also no need for chain retention, however due to the offset four bolt arrangement on XX1 spider we cant run a std bash guide ring like the Straightline, hence for me and possibly other XX1 users the AMG guide is probably best. I want bash ring protection.

mtbr member
    any one running the AMG on an HD? Any issue with movement of the bash gaurd after impact?

Stupid is, as stupid does
    I have the ibis Mojo HD specific MRP chain guide that I want to sell. just PM me for info. It is the style that mounts directly to the lower pivot bolt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD and MRP AMg Guide BB Mount? Will it work?-image.jpg  

Ibis Mojo HD (150mm 650B)
    Yeti SB95 Carbon
    1993 Brodie Expresso
    RIP 1997 Santa Cruz Heckler.In 2010 the frame cracked

mtbr member
    Yup, just use an ibis specific G2 and take off the lower pulley and cover.