Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mojo HD action thread!!

207K views 798 replies 204 participants last post by  JoeBMX 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get the ball rollin'... Here's one of me:

(GLC drop, Whistler bike park)

(We have about 100+ gigabytes of raw HD helmet cam footage that we're gonna go through and edit, so look out for that in the coming weeks)

Post your action shots!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Rb said:
There's an 8+ page thread with people posting lame pictures of their clean bikes sitting still (and some random chick doing yoga poses with the bike? wtf?!). Seems like you hardly see any pictures of folks actually riding their HD's... :(

So I guess I'll get the ball rollin'... Here's one of me:

(GLC drop, Whistler bike park)

(We have about 100+ gigabytes of raw HD helmet cam footage that we're gonna go through and edit, so look out for that in the coming weeks)

Post your action shots!!!
Rb what rear shock are you running, is that the dhx air? If so how do you like it?

#6 ·
drinkwat said:
Rb what rear shock are you running, is that the dhx air? If so how do you like it?
Yes, it is.
I was very skeptical at first (given the DHX Air's reputation), but the custom-valve it has from Fox is truly great. I like it a lot. I think for 99% of the trails I ride it's perfect. The damping feels very controlled. Small bump sensitivity is absolutely great--truly impressed with that. The adjustments cover a solid range. The DHX Air is a no-brainer upgrade over the RP23 imo (unless you're a super weight-weenie).

The remaining 1% where the DHX Air is less than ideal is a top-to-bottom run from top of Garbanzo (Whistler) or something like Schleyer >> Rock City (where your shock is oscillating a ton). The shaft gets noticeably warm and I can tell there's a slight degradation in damping (spiking). I'm soon getting a custom-valved coil (either Roco WC or DHX) with a Ti-spring for when I use my Ibis for pure DH.

#20 · (Edited)
JoeBMX said:
Just had to snake you RB :p
Thanks!! :thumbsup:

To the folks out there who were offended by my jab on "clean bikes", sorry! Please don't take it personally--I'm just trying to turn the stoke-meter up a few notches in this section of the forums!

If it's any consolation, here's another pic of me about to eat sh*t onto a pile of rocks. Enjoy?

Clearly, I put my bike through some abuse, but hey, isn't that what's it's for? :p
I've had this thing for about a month. After 90+ runs in 6 straight (10 to 5) days of shredding in Whistler and 3 consecutive weekend trips to Downieville, I can honestly say that this thing still feels like the day I built it ('cept the suspension is "broken in" now and feels fantastic). I've checked my bolts periodically, but nothing has ever come loose. No creaks. Everything is dead-on straight. So solid!

#21 ·
how does it do on the rough stuff?

Rb,

This may be more appropriate for another thread, but since you're clearly putting it through its paces, I wonder if you could give a more detailed review on how it performed on the park.

Particularly interested in your thoughts on how it feels compared to a big bike on the rough stuff in Whistler. I'm sure it's brilliant on the flowy trails like A-line, but how about on the rocky rooty stuff? Did you find yourself wanting more travel, etc., at any point when in Whistler?

Thanks, Mike

#25 ·
nzl62 said:
Hey Joe! (where ya going with that gun in yer hand lol) That is an epic stack
I hope you were ok after that, but what an awesome piece of HD action

(of course I assume the bike was fine too...)
Actually...... that was yours' truly getting a dirt sample. I remember thinking to myself "Uh oh.... good night...." before hitting the ground. I honestly don't remember exactly how/why it happened (you can see why), but I think it was because I slipped a pedal and just so happened to ping a rock/root at the same time.

Amazingly, I barely have a scratch on me from that crash! Phew! The Mojo HD was also unscathed.

If you look close enough, you can see the GoPro helmet cam I was wearing break off and fly down the trail... LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.