Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mojo HD action thread!!

207K views 798 replies 204 participants last post by  JoeBMX 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get the ball rollin'... Here's one of me:

(GLC drop, Whistler bike park)

(We have about 100+ gigabytes of raw HD helmet cam footage that we're gonna go through and edit, so look out for that in the coming weeks)

Post your action shots!!!

See less See more
#614 ·
Hopefully this uploaded properly, for some reason its blocked mobile devices and I can't find the settings to change it, I do all my online stuff on iPad so dam pia and sure for others sorry, too large for my current Vimeo account urghh, video is really stable watching final production on my TV.

You don't really see how steep it is on this vid but man is it fun, real ole school only 2nd time riden the bit after the first part, the first section Ive been riding for years on my DH bike, its pretty blown now with DH bikes hammering it the wet, roots like snakes n ladders everywhere but still fun, good drop midway down good challenge on wee fork, but once into next stage where I turn off and up man just smiles for miles.

Hope the video is ok, cheers

#617 ·
Cheers d3, makes sense.

Def should do that, its our winter right now the last two I filmed on Sunday, thats how good the conditions are here.

I bumped into some more Aussies today while trail building, they were loving it, direct flights in from Sydney, Melbourne now, they just ride into town from the Airport straight to they're accommodation then ride to the trails, all these are 5mins to the forest from town, bit longer to ride to once in the forest, but single track basically at back door!

#618 ·
Hey Mav!

Even though I love sitting back and being mesmerised by the endless trails and good tunes I just don't think I can take it any more, You lucky lucky Bstrds! The endless hero loam is just off the scale and every time you post another vid it is both ecstasy and agony.
You Kiwi's are truly blessed!!!

#623 ·
Since were postin onboard footage, I'll offer this video shot a few weeks back in Ashland, Oregon. The trail is called Timewarp and this video is the second half of trail. Except for one guy we're all on HD's. I had ridden it once a few years back, other than that it was first time for everyone. Camera is on my helmet. Lot of fun! Good part starts around 3 minutes in the vid. Sorry i have zero editing skills so its all just boring uncut footage. I also never get footage as I don't own a camera so I was all stoked to be filming (lol).

#625 ·
I took some Aussies down the above trail yesterday, gave em a wee guided tour, swore them to secrecy or Id take they're pink slips for they're bikes!

Bit wet over night, so tacky and slippery on the roots, but had my best run down they're to date, needless to say the 2 Aussies, one on a Nomad other on a Stumpy don't ride much of this stuff and got off a lot, I had too other locals with us that had never ridden it before they stayed on they're bikes, bit slower but still made it down in one piece!

Go build me some jumps tomorrow in the secret spot! my02!

Got a wee vid especially for you nzl62 in a few days, takes that long to upload down here way down under:D

#628 ·
Cheers nyrangerfan.

Sometimes I/we forget how good we have it here, Maxxis is awesome, he is very fast great riding training partner, I call him Sam Hill sometimes, he used to DH with me as well he has also got a mean scrub, cheers dude, show us some of your trails sometime :thumbsup:

Got half of my new jump built yesterday, main it looks sick as should get her done by the end of the week as well.

#630 ·
The guy in front was slowing me down, also partly the landings are pretty short so even at that speed you have to squash them, probably partly the camera view mounted to the handlebar, I just think compared to helmet view you don't get a sore neck watching the vid replay from bad angles.
Its a intermediate line for progressing jumping skills line, but its fun, the jumps have improved a bit.
Yeah top forest back in there today to do some more build, not on that track its not one of mine, plus way bigger haha.

#632 ·
You should post a new thread about your local trails and jump building. We're all interested but when I come to this thread I wanna see HD action shots. I think we'd all be interested in seeing a thread with your exotic trails and some of these jumps ur building. Looks pretty cool. Love the Fern-covered forests with all that precious loam...

#637 ·
Not much action happening on here lately.
Here ya go,SP some more kiwi ferns and HD action for you to watch, healing vibes:thumbsup:

This was a big ride day Sunday past, covered pretty much whole forest, not every trail but all the hard core babies a good 5hrs out in the forest, pretty tired by time I filmed these too trails, then back to friends roast dinner and too much home brew, think my head is still pounding plus dam horror movie, scary as then had to crash too many home brews lol.

The vid does not do the start of the first trail justice the drops were pretty huge the trail was as steep as Ive ridden on a trail bike in the forest, only one other trail I no of is steeper Ive never filmed it and only ridden it on my DH bike, this is DH worthy, super fun though, not sure if my friends want to ride this one again though:eek:

new core trail from MnM MTB on Vimeo.

#643 ·
the HD is one of the best jumpers Ive ridden just make sure ya haven't got your rear rebound too fast, run mine 4clicks from full slow.
I 2nd the slow rebound, I run the monarch plus, but also happen to have it set 4 clicks from full slow and close to 35% sag helps keep it soft. I felt to fast of rebound makes the HD stiffen up to much for me and my setup.

#641 ·
@ Stripes .. how do you like the pocs (knee pads) and which ones are they? Been looking for some kind of knee protection and can't decide if I need protectors or pads. Pocs have good reviews. I do mostly XC with some 2 - 3 ft drops. Nothing for jumps or descents, just some corners wash me out and I have enough knee scars already.

#644 ·
@SP thanks. Still on the fence if I need pads or protectors. I've been looking on Competitive Cyclist website. The discription of dif between the two are lacking. I'm thinking I only need protectors since I don't ride much chunk. Got an opinion?

@Mav & Fuenstock thanks for the rebound info. I'm lost since I got mine back from warranty work. Rode half the day looking for the right spot.I remembered the psi but not the rebound. Yours is a good place to start. I checked and I had it 3 clicks off full fast. Also had my new seatpost installed and I think it was a little off on set up from the shop. I moved it about 5mm forward from where it was and feels better. Too many adjustments made today but will try again tomorrow.Need to focus on one prob at a time.
EDIT: Sorry guys I realized I hijacked the thread. MORE ACTION PICS PLEASE!

#645 ·
No worries, I always start in the rear with the slowest rebound possible without packing up.
Then work my way up, which means running it as slow as I can get away with, not as fast as I can get away with, I can run my suspension anywhere and trust it, I know I won't get kicked or bucked, way too many people use fast rebound as a crutch instead of good technique this will bite sooner or later cause a crash injury or worse, I see it all the time, a good rider can compensate most of the time a rider with poor technique is an accident waiting to happen, all too common today, I can see it watching riders all the time, most common is fast rear, slow front.

Check these out I think any 3DO style pad will suit you well, 661 like stripes is wearing, POC, ONeal, Leatt, I like some of the features in the Ambush, a weakness of the other brands is you have to remove your shoes trust me it is a PIA esspecially for the Enduro style of riding.

RaceFace Ambush review!
These can be removed like the traditional hard shell knee/leg pads! Cool.

Just check 661s if you are serious about them the previous model. Ones I run the D3O material internally is exposed to the knee, not sure if this is the case in the model Stripes is show casing, but for me it wears on my knees especially after a few runs when Im hot and sweaty and chafes like hell, not fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.