Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mojo HD action thread!!

207K views 798 replies 204 participants last post by  JoeBMX 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get the ball rollin'... Here's one of me:

(GLC drop, Whistler bike park)

(We have about 100+ gigabytes of raw HD helmet cam footage that we're gonna go through and edit, so look out for that in the coming weeks)

Post your action shots!!!

See less See more
#534 ·
Another Enduro today, awesome ride and vibe!

Hopefully some action shots later! HD never missed a beat in the mud, except I flatted with 3 corners to go on the last run and ran to the finish!

Thats what boosting into a big gap full of roots gets you, sure it was a snake bite pinch!
XX1 did feel quite grindy compared to a std dt and bit noisy climbing between stages, no dropped chain or missed shifts though.

1st run, 2 Trails
2nd run, 2 trails
3rd run, mix of 6 trails

Bike in its muddy clothes,

#550 ·
Its all about hitting the landing and clearing the gap, HD def up for it, I just finished this a few weeks back on my trail, few tweaks to do, I hit it on my HD in 140 mode, good 5.5 metres, the run in is the tricky part ;)
Which was the plan:)

little added flow off this stump jump

the main gap take off ramp further down from above pic

You also carry heaps of speed into the left handed corner further down

you have to clear the gap and the downed tree, they're is no try just do

The smooth as landing though ********s are still coming up short, this is not a learning jump;)

#566 ·
Nice shot tdorider, wish my ride buddies could shoot a pic like that instead of this pre ejact stuff, still shot with mobile phone cant be too harsh:p
that pic was taken by a gopro hero2 in burst mode (10fps), my first ride with the little camera and I came away quite impressed. video is great but the still shots are definitely better than I had expected. the days of stopping trailside to pull my cell phone out of my pack to take blurry pics are gone...

that's a ballsy gap to take Maverick and landing looks to be tight between the trees - certainly...a perfect example of 'commit or eat ****'...well done

#569 ·
Good advice SP, I have a Galaxy 1, lol, its camera is so bad, the phone is shot really, maybe I need one.

I showed our Aussie HD buddy my2c around here a few weeks back, he loved it.

A local video pro/event photo guy has shot some of the features of my trail with a local DH young gun on his TCovert going into a mtb mag, hes going to send me the images, Im stoked about that too, getting my trail into the mag love my trails as much as riding.

Guys, you need to come to NZ in your off season for some riding, I promise you wont be disappointed, our club has completed two new trails as well, Boulderdash, lives up to its name too, nice trail too, I will try to get more decent piccs and vid :thumbsup:

#570 ·
Guys, you need to come to NZ in your off season for some riding, I promise you wont be disappointed, our club has completed two new trails as well, Boulderdash, lives up to its name too, nice trail too, I will try to get more decent piccs and vid :thumbsup:
I can second this. I spent a week in Rotorua back in May and had a fantastic time. The variety and quality of trails is outstanding and considering that Mav showed me some of the new trails that just he alone is working on, the future is looking very bright for riding in Rotorua.

Do your homework because you can fly into Rotorua, get a bus from the airport into town and if you book into the right accommodation, you only need to ride 400m to the start of the trails.

And the abundance of hot springs to lounge in during your down time is very welcome! If only you were allowed to have a beer or two in there........hmmmmm,the beer.......hmmmmmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.