Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    [QUOTE=Maverick005;10402483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post

Come on Iceman its biggish but Mav and the Ice would hit that Wingman!

Off to show "my02" from Aussie some RotoVegas goodness this arvo, nothing that big, though I could take him on the National DH run, but lots of rain overnight, think some good grade 5 goodness and 3-5 m gap sweetness
    Hey Mav, good to meet you today. Thanks for the personal tour. What a fantastic afternoon!! The trails are outstanding and even with the weather, it was still awesome. The only problem now is that the trails back in Sydney won't even come close to Rotorua

Next time you Northern hemisphere boys need to shred during your white winters, pack your bags to NZ for a few weeks. It's still almost a secret as a riding destination but I think it's going to go big time in the next year or so. Will I be back? Well it would B rude not 2!

Mtb Guide
    [QUOTE=my02;10403572]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post

Hey Mav, good to meet you today. Thanks for the personal tour. What a fantastic afternoon!! The trails are outstanding and even with the weather, it was still awesome. The only problem now is that the trails back in Sydney won't even come close to Rotorua

Next time you Northern hemisphere boys need to shred during your white winters, pack your bags to NZ for a few weeks. It's still almost a secret as a riding destination but I think it's going to go big time in the next year or so. Will I be back? Well it would B rude not 2!
    Likewise dude, great meeting you and hanging out on the trails was awesome, really enjoyed showing you round just some of our we gems, loved to show more, time went so fast, we got out just in time without lights and so much rain overnight, pity but still great fun, you rode awesome too, not so easy first time trails in those conditions, impressive, plus it was sic to get another HD up there.

Hopefully you get some shuttle runs in the morning, currently keen to hit the trails again in the arvo if Im not taking out the fire boat to late.
    Show you the Sesame Street network, Snuffy, Big-bird, Elmo, Abadaba, whip up to the Native, and maybe play some Split Enz, only us Antipodeans will get that one lol.

Rest up tonight, too many Lagers, cheers bro!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Mojo HD action thread!!

Mojo HD action thread!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369005187.427400.jpgMojo HD action thread!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369005204.963040.jpg

From an enduro race today, heavy rain overnight turned the course into a mudfest, not the best way to christen my new HD but was fun anyway!

mtbr member
    Best way to christen an HD is scratch it up!

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Best way to christen an HD is scratch it up!
    Well said SP

Sweet piccs philstone, looking good!

Not an action picc of me dam photogs haven't posted piccs on FB like usual from our Enduro a couple weeks back so much for whipping it up on the gap jumps just for them, all risk no reward

moar EWS will have to do

HD goodness!

mtbr member
    Those trails look so fun

No dabs.
    Representing Team HD at the SoCal Enduro.

mtbr member
    Great pic

MPI
    mtbr member

Mojo HD action thread!!

Mojo HD action thread!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21369929068.818314.jpg
    First race of Trek Enduro Series in Finland
    Photo by Kosti Kostiainen
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It's a mojo c but still rockin' it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Couple of pics from DH race a couple of weekends ago...

Mtb Guide
    Great piccs guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nothing to "action" but I sure love my HD on my southern utah terrain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not much in the way of elevation or proper DH in Ontario so we find our cheap thrills wherever we can...

Mojo HD action thread!!-gopr0102-large-.jpg
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

Mtb Guide
    Nice shot tdorider, wish my ride buddies could shoot a pic like that instead of this pre ejact stuff, still shot with mobile phone cant be too harsh

Me way back up the trail lol

Pre take off, good 5m gap to landing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice shot tdorider, wish my ride buddies could shoot a pic like that instead of this pre ejact stuff, still shot with mobile phone cant be too harsh
    that pic was taken by a gopro hero2 in burst mode (10fps), my first ride with the little camera and I came away quite impressed. video is great but the still shots are definitely better than I had expected. the days of stopping trailside to pull my cell phone out of my pack to take blurry pics are gone...

that's a ballsy gap to take Maverick and landing looks to be tight between the trees - certainly...a perfect example of 'commit or eat ****'...well done
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    That gap looks big. You have big brass ones to hit it with those trees on the landings. Make sure one of your friends gets a Galaxy S3/S4 and you won't have the timing problem. Can use burst mode for 8 frames per second!

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider View Post
    that pic was taken by a gopro hero2 in burst mode (10fps), my first ride with the little camera and I came away quite impressed. video is great but the still shots are definitely better than I had expected. the days of stopping trailside to pull my cell phone out of my pack to take blurry pics are gone...

that's a ballsy gap to take Maverick and landing looks to be tight between the trees - certainly...a perfect example of 'commit or eat ****'...well done
    I had a Hero 1, looking to go to a 3 at some stage gave my 1 away to a friend. Another freind has a 2 so might try his, get some good vid of the whole trail and jumps Ive built, GoPros they have come so far cheers for that.

The trees do look tight, but its just a mind thing as you shouldnt get close to them if you look at the corner after the jump lol, its more the above section that messes people up, hidden roots in the corners and run in is shorter than it looks in the pics you have to be quick on the gas and pump the trail, thats the first time Ive hit it while raining, the take off is so sweet, pretty happy with that build.

You definitley need to committ though, its no roll through base is a big tree trunk, you can still come up short on the edge saftley for now, I still wouldnt recommend that, as that tells me the trail and jump is beyond the riders ability.

I did build an alternative and sweet single traction section around it about a year ago. This is my adopted trail, so I manage, maintain and build on this and 2 other trails nearby offically through our mtb club and forest owners. Trail is a grade 5 / 1 Black Diamond rated.

You should see what Ive been working on for next spring summer, its not open currently

Mtb Guide
    Good advice SP, I have a Galaxy 1, lol, its camera is so bad, the phone is shot really, maybe I need one.

I showed our Aussie HD buddy my2c around here a few weeks back, he loved it.

A local video pro/event photo guy has shot some of the features of my trail with a local DH young gun on his TCovert going into a mtb mag, hes going to send me the images, Im stoked about that too, getting my trail into the mag love my trails as much as riding.

Guys, you need to come to NZ in your off season for some riding, I promise you wont be disappointed, our club has completed two new trails as well, Boulderdash, lives up to its name too, nice trail too, I will try to get more decent piccs and vid

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Guys, you need to come to NZ in your off season for some riding, I promise you wont be disappointed, our club has completed two new trails as well, Boulderdash, lives up to its name too, nice trail too, I will try to get more decent piccs and vid
    I can second this. I spent a week in Rotorua back in May and had a fantastic time. The variety and quality of trails is outstanding and considering that Mav showed me some of the new trails that just he alone is working on, the future is looking very bright for riding in Rotorua.

Do your homework because you can fly into Rotorua, get a bus from the airport into town and if you book into the right accommodation, you only need to ride 400m to the start of the trails.

And the abundance of hot springs to lounge in during your down time is very welcome! If only you were allowed to have a beer or two in there........hmmmmm,the beer.......hmmmmmm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Maybe I need to get you to teach me how to jump Mav? Next up in Rotovegas end Oct

Me way back up the trail lol

Pre take off, good 5m gap to landing.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    Maybe I need to get you to teach me how to jump Mav? Next up in Rotovegas end Oct

No problems buddy pleasure, we wont start on that one though, are you confident down upper Corridor and Katore jumps line?

If not and it maybe prudent your call, I usually take people into stage 2 of dipper where they're are some nice tables, teach technique, judging speed, then linking corner to jump, jump to corner etc, I take people along slow build up confidence with technique, first I check ya suspension settings and setup though.

@ 02 cheers buddy, look fwd to when you can make it back over the ditch, not too far for you

Actually less time than the boys take to drive down from Auckland
    Heading in this weekend to work on that new secret section I showed you

Mtb Guide
    First ride on this trail this week, just newly constructed after some logging had killed off the old network in this block.

Called Boulderdash!

Grade 4, its a good fun warm up run to start the ride after the first good climb from where I usually park.

With a couple of gap step downs at the start, nice roots to boost across into a wee rock section trickier than it looks, just after the XXXs, no chain guide you dont want to roll this rock, its steep on the other side so jump over it and then into the rock drop back into the old forest, few Redwoods into old school single track dropping back down onto the road back to the core network

Pretty tired yesterday, got four days riding in this week, so just used this as a training run for me and mutley.

GOPR7906 from ta on Vimeo.

Mtb Guide
    Checked out another trail under rebuild since tree felled.

K2

Should be good to rail in a week or too.

Def techy, DH off camber roots and tight and most importantly hand built, we've had too much digger rebuilds of late, so looks promising if they stay the course with this one.

mtbr member

Snowshoe, WV Gravity Series Race 1

Brakes were shot by the end but took the w
    Mojo HD action thread!!-downhill.jpg

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast