Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 774
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doismellbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,954
    Looks like you got a pretty good roll out of it! I guess you'd call that an "enda", as in end-around, rather than an endo. Could have hurt... good job. Makes for entertaining Fri afternoon "work".
    Post more

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,089
    Joe, could you post a longer bit of video?

  3. #28
    new and improved
    Reputation: El Santo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    394

    Inspired by Rb's 'enda'...

    Tried an experiment with a Flip camera strapped to my camelbak.The setup isn't so great (way too choppy and the angles are wrong), but this clip of the vid is pretty good comedy.



    It took me five minutes to climb back onto the trail after the pole-vault

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: monkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    496
    HD Action Thread = epic fail

    over a week old and 2 actual riders post action?! I don't think HD owners ride their bikes, but sure like to build up their bikes.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    282
    My frame is sitting on the stand in my garage which is a gnarly mess. Does that count if I post pics? The build is coming right along though- I mounted the rear brake...

  6. #31
    Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Reputation: ddraewwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal
    I mounted the rear brake...
    That's all you need!

    POST 'EM! Actually, this is the "action" thread. Unless you're doing some really intense, action packed wrenching on your bike, better off posting it on the build thread.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: xcntrk75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    33
    I often wonder how you downhill guys can ride without clipless pedals, missing out on all the performance and control it can give you... Then I see pics like the "enda" above and think how terrible being tethered to the bike would be in those situations...

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c-wal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    282
    I don't feel that I am missing out on anything riding flats w/5.10s vs. clipless. I actually prefer them. However, for the years that I did ride clipless blowing out of them was an unconscious effort when things went bad.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doismellbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by xcntrk75
    I often wonder how you downhill guys can ride without clipless pedals, missing out on all the performance and control it can give you... Then I see pics like the "enda" above and think how terrible being tethered to the bike would be in those situations...
    Would the Enda have happened if he'd been clipped in?? ...said he slipped a pedal... ??

  10. #35
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    wrenchscience.com
    Reputation: Rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon
    Would the Enda have happened if he'd been clipped in?? ...said he slipped a pedal... ??
    Probably not, but that's not an excuse. I've eaten sh*t SUPER hard clipped in as well, for a variety of reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by xcntrk75
    I often wonder how you downhill guys can ride without clipless pedals, missing out on all the performance and control it can give you
    I swap in between clips and flats depending on the underwear I'm wearing that day. Hehe, in all seriousness, I'm largely indifferent. It all boils down to personal preference, imo.

    What's interesting if you follow the World Cup DH scene, is that all the top guys who ride primarily clipped-in (Minnaar, Peat, Atherton, Gwin, etc.) will switch it up every now-and-then, whereas the folks who ride flats (Hill, Fairclough, Blenkisop, etc.) refuse to ever clip in (not even for XC rides)

    But anyways... WE NEED MORE ACTION PICS!!!
    :: wrenchscience ::

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doismellbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb
    I've eaten sh*t SUPER hard clipped in as well, for a variety of reasons.
    WE NEED MORE ACTION PICS!!!
    True dat. Same here. I haven't ridden flats since 1990, but there are a few trails around town that make me consider it seriously. Keep the videos coming!

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,554
    so despite there being bajillions of HD's in the set up thread only Rb actually rides his bike and the rest of you use your HD's as wall ornaments? I am very interested in one and was hoping to see more than one take some abuse.... I love the geometry etc. but want to see how these things hold up when they are put through their paces..come on people post up, or are only riding fire roads and buff singletrack?

  13. #38
    ride your bike
    Reputation: jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,459
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    so despite there being bajillions of HD's in the set up thread only Rb actually rides his bike and the rest of you use your HD's as wall ornaments? I am very interested in one and was hoping to see more than one take some abuse.... I love the geometry etc. but want to see how these things hold up when they are put through their paces..come on people post up, or are only riding fire roads and buff singletrack?
    I'll offer up the requisite "If it's good enough for Lopes it's good enough for you."


    Srsly guys, does anyone RIDE their HD? And don't tell me "I'm too busy riding to take pics." Bullcrap.

    In all fairness, I don't think the lack of riding pics speaks to the quality/durability of the frame. But it would be nice to see some dirty bikes...or at least some ride reports. Don't let me think it's only parking lot poseurs who ride Ibis! Come to think of it, I DID see a nice Mojo atop a spiffy Audi TT last week.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

  14. #39
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    i dont even own a camera (anymore, crapped out), but if i did last thing id do is take it riding, let alone stop to take pics of "action"

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,554
    There are plenty of peope that took pics of their brand new shiny built up HD's..so I was hoping some would post some action pictures and some riding impressions. I see 5 page threads on what colour link should I get for my bike to match my hubs, bar end caps, seat post clamp but hardly any riding pics on this forum...I ride rocky, fairly techy East Coast trails and am a little weary of a carbon bike.....but very intrigued..I currently have a Banshee Rune and a DW 5 Spot...and am thinking I should consolidate to one bike...DW RFX will be too much bike / too slack (if it ever comes out) but I like the DW suspension feel on the Spot better than the DW knock off on the Rune. The new Knolly Chilcotin looks interesting too but is heavy and the Firebird is too fugly!

  16. #41
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb

    But anyways... WE NEED MORE ACTION PICS!!!
    I'm usually the one with the camera. But last month I rode with some others that bring along cameras. So here ya go.
    Mojo HD action thread!!-4922164191_79e399edb4_b.jpg
    Mojo HD action thread!!-4922165009_82d75d746d_b.jpg
    Mojo HD action thread!!-4922758970_dc19c9cd6e_b.jpg
    Mojo HD action thread!!-img_0660.jpg
    Mojo HD action thread!!-img_0673.jpg

    I LOVE this shot. Steep drop off the end of that log.
    Mojo HD action thread!!-img_0674.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

  17. #42
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    wrenchscience.com
    Reputation: Rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,567
    Sweet actions pics!!

    Those trails look super fun! Somewhere up in the PNW, I'm guessing?
    :: wrenchscience ::

  18. #43
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb
    Sweet actions pics!!

    Those trails look super fun! Somewhere up in the PNW, I'm guessing?
    yeah, Marc my Words in Sqwamish. There is some awesome riding there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

  19. #44
    ride your bike
    Reputation: jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,459
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu
    i dont even own a camera (anymore, crapped out), but if i did last thing id do is take it riding, let alone stop to take pics of "action"
    Oh no! Please show us pix of you riding your hardcore 6" bike. In Texas.



    The request for action pics isn't a "look at me" thing, in case you were wondering. It's more a "can this $2400 frame do what I want it to and not break" thing. Your being too awesome to own a camera or not take pics if you did really has nothing to do with anything here.
    Last edited by jubilee; 09-24-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb
    What's interesting if you follow the World Cup DH scene, is that all the top guys who ride primarily clipped-in (Minnaar, Peat, Atherton, Gwin, etc.) will switch it up every now-and-then, whereas the folks who ride flats (Hill, Fairclough, Blenkisop, etc.) refuse to ever clip in (not even for XC rides)
    interesting... I assumed DH guys always wore flats. I've never had a problem get unclipped automatically when launch on my trail bike (Mojo C) with my egg beaters (not so with an after market shimano like release), but on my DH rig I took to N* for the first time a couple weekends back, I wear flats with spiked pedals. Friend who does a lot of jumping mentioned he went to flat as he dangeriously lifted his back when clipped, and I assumed you also want to be able to drag your foot on loose swicthbacks... problem with flats is that I've had my foot come off during rought terrain or some jumps, sometimes have a hard time putting my foot eactly where I want it (those spiky things don't let me slide for a reason....) but worse I got more scrapes from the pedal spikes on my lower legg (with shin guard) than the 2 crashes that day!

    Those spikes are NASTY!

  21. #46
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Oh no! Please show us pix of you riding your hardcore 6" bike. In Texas.



    The request for action pics isn't a "look at me" thing, in case you were wondering. It's more a "can this $2400 frame do what I want it to and not break" thing. Your being too awesome to own a camera or not take pics if you did really has nothing to do with anything here.
    dont have a 6" HD, just a 5" mojo c
    sorry man, didnt mean to upset your delicate flower of an ego, it wasnt an attack directed at you...was trying to convey that its not the norm for for people to be riding around shooting pics of themselves when they are enjoying the ride and that might explain the lack of photos, perhaps i failed at that
    not sure how pics are needed to convince you of it not breaking though, if youve been paying attention, the mojo has been doing fine for years on some pretty nasty stuff, and the HD is even burlier so it stands to reason it will be fine

    theres some really good riding in Tx though, give it a try sometime if you havent, your narrow mind might be surprised...

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    There are plenty of peope that took pics of their brand new shiny built up HD's..so I was hoping some would post some action pictures and some riding impressions. I see 5 page threads on what colour link should I get for my bike to match my hubs, bar end caps, seat post clamp but hardly any riding pics on this forum...I ride rocky, fairly techy East Coast trails and am a little weary of a carbon bike.....but very intrigued..I currently have a Banshee Rune and a DW 5 Spot...and am thinking I should consolidate to one bike...DW RFX will be too much bike / too slack (if it ever comes out) but I like the DW suspension feel on the Spot better than the DW knock off on the Rune. The new Knolly Chilcotin looks interesting too but is heavy and the Firebird is too fugly!
    Pics are for posing, just because someone has actions shots does not make them any less of a poser.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    674

    Interbike ODD

    I rode a Vitamin P HD at the Dirt Demo along with some of it's competition. I was impressed enough with the HD that I told somebody to order me one(in black though). Another competitor impressed me too and that is on my wish list for next year. Another competitor is still a "prototype" so who knows when that'll go into production.

    Leisurely pace on West Leg. At the end of the video you'll catch a glimpse of some guys with Yelli Screamy 29ers. That's Chris and Lance Canfield along with Dan H., Bootleg's trailmaster. I did ask the brothers about the upcoming Canfield The One. It should go into production early next year. Up to 200mm travel if you're into that kind of bike.



  24. #49
    ride your bike
    Reputation: jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,459
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu
    dont have a 6" HD, just a 5" mojo c
    sorry man, didnt mean to upset your delicate flower of an ego, it wasnt an attack directed at you...was trying to convey that its not the norm for for people to be riding around shooting pics of themselves when they are enjoying the ride and that might explain the lack of photos, perhaps i failed at that
    not sure how pics are needed to convince you of it not breaking though, if youve been paying attention, the mojo has been doing fine for years on some pretty nasty stuff, and the HD is even burlier so it stands to reason it will be fine

    theres some really good riding in Tx though, give it a try sometime if you havent, your narrow mind might be surprised...
    Blah, blah, blah. Lame excuses. It's a new frame that's said to handle a 180mm fork and the associated terrain. I've seen little proof.

    Fact is, this frame is unproven. It has tire clearance issues. It was designed for air suspension, but now the new DHX coil is strangely approved on the web site (although it seems the ROCO works as well). A race down A-Line by one of the smoothest riders in the world as proof of big hit capability is laughable. Very few of the current owners seem to be putting the bike through it's paces. I'll be buying a new 6" frame next spring. For now the HD is off my radar, which could change.

    I'm glad you enjoy TX. Here's an old pic of me that shows some more of what I'd like to see on the HD. It is a poseur "action" pic thread, after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD action thread!!-kok-box.jpg  

    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Blah, blah, blah. Lame excuses. It's a new frame that's said to handle a 180mm fork and the associated terrain. I've seen little proof.

    Fact is, this frame is unproven. It has tire clearance issues. It was designed for air suspension, but now the new DHX coil is strangely approved on the web site (although it seems the ROCO works as well). A race down A-Line by one of the smoothest riders in the world as proof of big hit capability is laughable. Very few of the current owners seem to be putting the bike through it's paces. I'll be buying a new 6" frame next spring. For now the HD is off my radar, which could change.

    I'm glad you enjoy TX. Here's an old pic of me that shows some more of what I'd like to see on the HD. It is a poseur "action" pic thread, after all.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •