Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mojo HD action thread!!

207K views 798 replies 204 participants last post by  JoeBMX 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get the ball rollin'... Here's one of me:

(GLC drop, Whistler bike park)

(We have about 100+ gigabytes of raw HD helmet cam footage that we're gonna go through and edit, so look out for that in the coming weeks)

Post your action shots!!!

See less See more
#28 ·
Inspired by Rb's 'enda'...

Tried an experiment with a Flip camera strapped to my camelbak.The setup isn't so great (way too choppy and the angles are wrong), but this clip of the vid is pretty good comedy.

It took me five minutes to climb back onto the trail after the pole-vault :)

#34 ·
xcntrk75 said:
I often wonder how you downhill guys can ride without clipless pedals, missing out on all the performance and control it can give you... Then I see pics like the "enda" above and think how terrible being tethered to the bike would be in those situations...
Would the Enda have happened if he'd been clipped in?? ...said he slipped a pedal... ??

#35 ·
doismellbacon said:
Would the Enda have happened if he'd been clipped in?? ...said he slipped a pedal... ??
Probably not, but that's not an excuse. :) I've eaten sh*t SUPER hard clipped in as well, for a variety of reasons.

xcntrk75 said:
I often wonder how you downhill guys can ride without clipless pedals, missing out on all the performance and control it can give you
I swap in between clips and flats depending on the underwear I'm wearing that day. Hehe, in all seriousness, I'm largely indifferent. It all boils down to personal preference, imo.

What's interesting if you follow the World Cup DH scene, is that all the top guys who ride primarily clipped-in (Minnaar, Peat, Atherton, Gwin, etc.) will switch it up every now-and-then, whereas the folks who ride flats (Hill, Fairclough, Blenkisop, etc.) refuse to ever clip in (not even for XC rides)

But anyways... WE NEED MORE ACTION PICS!!!

#37 ·
so despite there being bajillions of HD's in the set up thread only Rb actually rides his bike and the rest of you use your HD's as wall ornaments? I am very interested in one and was hoping to see more than one take some abuse.... I love the geometry etc. but want to see how these things hold up when they are put through their paces..come on people post up, or are only riding fire roads and buff singletrack?

#38 ·
wilks said:
so despite there being bajillions of HD's in the set up thread only Rb actually rides his bike and the rest of you use your HD's as wall ornaments? I am very interested in one and was hoping to see more than one take some abuse.... I love the geometry etc. but want to see how these things hold up when they are put through their paces..come on people post up, or are only riding fire roads and buff singletrack?
I'll offer up the requisite "If it's good enough for Lopes it's good enough for you." :cornut:

Srsly guys, does anyone RIDE their HD? And don't tell me "I'm too busy riding to take pics." Bullcrap.

In all fairness, I don't think the lack of riding pics speaks to the quality/durability of the frame. But it would be nice to see some dirty bikes...or at least some ride reports. Don't let me think it's only parking lot poseurs who ride Ibis! Come to think of it, I DID see a nice Mojo atop a spiffy Audi TT last week. :skep:

#40 ·
There are plenty of peope that took pics of their brand new shiny built up HD's..so I was hoping some would post some action pictures and some riding impressions. I see 5 page threads on what colour link should I get for my bike to match my hubs, bar end caps, seat post clamp but hardly any riding pics on this forum...I ride rocky, fairly techy East Coast trails and am a little weary of a carbon bike.....but very intrigued..I currently have a Banshee Rune and a DW 5 Spot...and am thinking I should consolidate to one bike...DW RFX will be too much bike / too slack (if it ever comes out) but I like the DW suspension feel on the Spot better than the DW knock off on the Rune. The new Knolly Chilcotin looks interesting too but is heavy and the Firebird is too fugly!

#44 · (Edited)
clewttu said:
i dont even own a camera (anymore, crapped out), but if i did last thing id do is take it riding, let alone stop to take pics of "action"
Oh no! Please show us pix of you riding your hardcore 6" bike. In Texas.

:lol:

The request for action pics isn't a "look at me" thing, in case you were wondering. It's more a "can this $2400 frame do what I want it to and not break" thing. Your being too awesome to own a camera or not take pics if you did really has nothing to do with anything here.

#45 ·
Rb said:
What's interesting if you follow the World Cup DH scene, is that all the top guys who ride primarily clipped-in (Minnaar, Peat, Atherton, Gwin, etc.) will switch it up every now-and-then, whereas the folks who ride flats (Hill, Fairclough, Blenkisop, etc.) refuse to ever clip in (not even for XC rides)
interesting... I assumed DH guys always wore flats. I've never had a problem get unclipped automatically when launch on my trail bike (Mojo C) with my egg beaters (not so with an after market shimano like release), but on my DH rig I took to N* for the first time a couple weekends back, I wear flats with spiked pedals. Friend who does a lot of jumping mentioned he went to flat as he dangeriously lifted his back when clipped, and I assumed you also want to be able to drag your foot on loose swicthbacks... problem with flats is that I've had my foot come off during rought terrain or some jumps, sometimes have a hard time putting my foot eactly where I want it (those spiky things don't let me slide for a reason....) but worse I got more scrapes from the pedal spikes on my lower legg (with shin guard) than the 2 crashes that day!

Those spikes are NASTY!

#46 ·
jubilee said:
Oh no! Please show us pix of you riding your hardcore 6" bike. In Texas.

:lol:

The request for action pics isn't a "look at me" thing, in case you were wondering. It's more a "can this $2400 frame do what I want it to and not break" thing. Your being too awesome to own a camera or not take pics if you did really has nothing to do with anything here.
dont have a 6" HD, just a 5" mojo c
sorry man, didnt mean to upset your delicate flower of an ego, it wasnt an attack directed at you...was trying to convey that its not the norm for for people to be riding around shooting pics of themselves when they are enjoying the ride and that might explain the lack of photos, perhaps i failed at that
not sure how pics are needed to convince you of it not breaking though, if youve been paying attention, the mojo has been doing fine for years on some pretty nasty stuff, and the HD is even burlier so it stands to reason it will be fine

theres some really good riding in Tx though, give it a try sometime if you havent, your narrow mind might be surprised...

#47 ·
wilks said:
There are plenty of peope that took pics of their brand new shiny built up HD's..so I was hoping some would post some action pictures and some riding impressions. I see 5 page threads on what colour link should I get for my bike to match my hubs, bar end caps, seat post clamp but hardly any riding pics on this forum...I ride rocky, fairly techy East Coast trails and am a little weary of a carbon bike.....but very intrigued..I currently have a Banshee Rune and a DW 5 Spot...and am thinking I should consolidate to one bike...DW RFX will be too much bike / too slack (if it ever comes out) but I like the DW suspension feel on the Spot better than the DW knock off on the Rune. The new Knolly Chilcotin looks interesting too but is heavy and the Firebird is too fugly!
Pics are for posing, just because someone has actions shots does not make them any less of a poser.

#48 ·
Interbike ODD

I rode a Vitamin P HD at the Dirt Demo along with some of it's competition. I was impressed enough with the HD that I told somebody to order me one(in black though). Another competitor impressed me too and that is on my wish list for next year. Another competitor is still a "prototype" so who knows when that'll go into production.

Leisurely pace on West Leg. At the end of the video you'll catch a glimpse of some guys with Yelli Screamy 29ers. That's Chris and Lance Canfield along with Dan H., Bootleg's trailmaster. I did ask the brothers about the upcoming Canfield The One. It should go into production early next year. Up to 200mm travel if you're into that kind of bike.

#49 ·
clewttu said:
dont have a 6" HD, just a 5" mojo c
sorry man, didnt mean to upset your delicate flower of an ego, it wasnt an attack directed at you...was trying to convey that its not the norm for for people to be riding around shooting pics of themselves when they are enjoying the ride and that might explain the lack of photos, perhaps i failed at that
not sure how pics are needed to convince you of it not breaking though, if youve been paying attention, the mojo has been doing fine for years on some pretty nasty stuff, and the HD is even burlier so it stands to reason it will be fine

theres some really good riding in Tx though, give it a try sometime if you havent, your narrow mind might be surprised...
Blah, blah, blah. Lame excuses. It's a new frame that's said to handle a 180mm fork and the associated terrain. I've seen little proof.

Fact is, this frame is unproven. It has tire clearance issues. It was designed for air suspension, but now the new DHX coil is strangely approved on the web site (although it seems the ROCO works as well). A race down A-Line by one of the smoothest riders in the world as proof of big hit capability is laughable. Very few of the current owners seem to be putting the bike through it's paces. I'll be buying a new 6" frame next spring. For now the HD is off my radar, which could change.

I'm glad you enjoy TX. Here's an old pic of me that shows some more of what I'd like to see on the HD. It is a poseur "action" pic thread, after all. ;)

Attachments

#50 ·
jubilee said:
Blah, blah, blah. Lame excuses. It's a new frame that's said to handle a 180mm fork and the associated terrain. I've seen little proof.

Fact is, this frame is unproven. It has tire clearance issues. It was designed for air suspension, but now the new DHX coil is strangely approved on the web site (although it seems the ROCO works as well). A race down A-Line by one of the smoothest riders in the world as proof of big hit capability is laughable. Very few of the current owners seem to be putting the bike through it's paces. I'll be buying a new 6" frame next spring. For now the HD is off my radar, which could change.

I'm glad you enjoy TX. Here's an old pic of me that shows some more of what I'd like to see on the HD. It is a poseur "action" pic thread, after all. ;)
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.