mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Mojo HD 160 review from PINKBIKE

Hello,

A complete and interesting review about the Mojo HD 160 from PINKBIKE

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Does seem speced funny for a 160 AM bike. Triple crank, narrow bars, long stem, 2.2 tires
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

inner peace to make peace
    Ibis (and SC, Yeti) and other carbon frame bike companies only offer 2 year Warranty on their carbon frames. If I spend that much cash, I want a 5 year or Limited Life Time coverage.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

Dropshot Champ!
    If you're going strictly off the ibis published warranty, you must not post here often.

Seems pretty lifetime to me. And even if you drive your ibis into your garage, the crash replacement pricing is insanely cheap.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailNut View Post
    Ibis (and SC, Yeti) and other carbon frame bike companies only offer 2 year Warranty on their carbon frames. If I spend that much cash, I want a 5 year or Limited Life Time coverage.

Ibis has a three year warranty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Great review. My favorite part was the author's name:

Richard Cunningham( formerly of MBA)

It's good to see he is writing again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailNut View Post
    Per Ibis:

Warranty | Support | Ibis Cycles US

Ibis Cycles warrants Ibis frames to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from date of sale. This limited warranty applies to the original owner and is nontransferable. Ibis will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any frame or component that it determines to be defective.
    The warranty was a major driver behind me buying an Ibis over another Turner (who only offers 2 years on their frames).

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Does seem speced funny for a 160 AM bike. Triple crank, narrow bars, long stem, 2.2 tires
    It appears that Ibis markets the HD as a "crossover", XC and/or AM, to gain more sales appeal to XC riders moving up in travel, as well as to longer travel bike riders looking for a lighter and more durable heavy-duty AM bike. The XC side of the market is probably much larger.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Or it could be that Ibis really wants riders using a 32T to match the intended antisquat characteristics. Problem is, for my terrain a 42T is useless and a 32T spins out far too fast. Strictly for gearing, I was much happier with a 36T.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Fun local trail in San Diego

The rider is Harold Preston of imountainbiketrails.com
    He has some fun video's posted on his website.
    Awesome guy, has some great skills, and does his best to inspire and encourage others.

Too bad about the narrow bar and long stem combo, tires, etc. (gave him a lot of sh*t about it).......BUT, it is not a bad strategy for them to demonstrate to the riders that want to upscale their short travel bikes to longer travel, and show them how nimble and fast a HD160mm (which in their mind is a AM/downhill bike). That bike set-up on a demo makes potential short-travel buyers feel safer making the switch, and maybe they represent a large target group for HD sales?
    Last edited by rathbone; 10-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.