mtbr member
    May 2008

Mojo HD 160 Which angleset ?

From Cane Creek :
    Gary Maltby: “Originally that head tube configuration did use the EC44 Top, however the newest version is a ZS Top. So the ZS44 - EC49/40 you see on our web page is the current and correct model.”
    From Ibis :
    Hi Hans !
    I write you because I am very confused with the matter described below !
    Which type of angleset must I use on my HD 160 tapered fork ??
    Jeff told me:" go forthe EC44/28.6 | EC49/40 ", but Ibis in the support section says: "Mojo HD and Mojo SL-R Headset when using a 1.5 tapered steerer fork: ZS44/28.6 | EC49/40 "
    I have reviewed many web pages, including Cane Creek Cycling Components and I can´t find the item EC44/28.6 | EC49/40, maybe this item is discontinued ?
    However, on Ibis Store this configuration is available.
    Ibis is recommending the ZS44/28.6 | EC49/40 but is selling the model EC44/28.6 | EC49/40
    That being said, please, definitely which model do you recommends ?

Answer:
    Hi
    Sorry for my typo- the webstore is correct. Go for the ZS 44/28.6 | EC49/40. The EC version was the first tapered fork compatible angleset, but it got replaced with the superior ZS version a while back. We've only got the newer ZS type in stock.

Thanks,
    Jeff

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi guys

How have your experiences been with the anglesets? I am considering a works components -1 or -1.5 on my HD160. Mainly to see what its like and if it further improves stability on steeper descents.

Experiences guys?

Weapon of Choice
    Love the works angleset so far, no creaking and improved stability.

Super Unknown

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey Ice thanks for that. How much offset did you go for and what if anything did you notice about climbing?
    Oh and lastly I have a tapered head tube - is that an issue? Earlier posts in another thread seemed to suggest that tapered don't work on the HD?

mtbr member
    I have a CC angleset at -1. Really like it. Climbing not adversely affected and the slacker headtube helps in the chunk on the downs.

mtbr member
    I second what Iceman69 said. That's what I'm using in -1 configuration.
    Basically works like any standard headset.

Weapon of Choice
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    Hey Ice thanks for that. How much offset did you go for and what if anything did you notice about climbing?
    Oh and lastly I have a tapered head tube - is that an issue? Earlier posts in another thread seemed to suggest that tapered don't work on the HD?
    Went a degree slacker, climbing doesn't feel any different than before. they sell for tapered head tubes so be sure to get the right one for your bike. Biggest difference like Wilks says is its handling in the chunk etc. at higher speeds. Feels more stable.

Super Unknown

_____
    Jul 2007
    I installed a -1 Works angleset on my HD 160 back in June and it has been great. Not only is it more stable descending but I also found I can really torque hard in the corners. It makes the front end feel glued to the trail. The bike wanders a little more when climbing steeps though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    mucho gracias guys
    going to give it a try. -1 or -1.5 not sure which at this stage

the refurbished one
    +1 for works components -1°
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member

i have a works -1,5 component angleset with 170 Deville fork. what ever the HA is now, it's brilliant. I won't go any steeper anymore.

Lightly salted
    Another + here for the works headset. I have a -1 on my HDR. I've used the cane creek angleset on 3 other bikes and 2 out of 3 had constant problems. The Works has been perfect!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have the 1° installed and like it, checking geometry mi front is like my old Transition DirttBag, going up is a little nervous if don´t go over the bar pedaling step zones. Now I will go to the 1.5° lower to see how its work. I will post after test it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JuSa View Post
    i have a works -1,5 component angleset with 170 Deville fork. what ever the HA is now, it's brilliant. I won't go any steeper anymore.
    What sort of stuff are you riding? Every ride I do starts with the best part on an hour in the granny ring. I don't want to kill what little climbing ability I do have!

mtbr member

^ I don't have any climbing ability either, but luckily uphills over here are not so long. It's the downhills that makes me smile though ( well, those are not so long either:-)
    anyway, when you the sag of your fork into account, HA is not so slack anymore ... Yes, there is a difference in going uphills, but nothing dramatic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just got my works -1 degree angleset and planning to get it installed on my mojo HD tomorrow. Reading all the reviews on the -1 degree sounds awesome, but I'm curious if I should have waited for the -1.5 degree set. Works was currently back ordered on the -1.5 and I didn't want to get it too slack as climbing and performance in tight single track can be negatively affected. Anyway, stoked to see and feel the difference with the -1 degree set. Just got back from mammoth and going again in two weeks with the new slackened HD!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    any tips on install? i watched both cane creek videos but i cannot seem to get the spacing on the 'gimbals' even.