mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Mojo HD 160 altering the angles?

I've been riding my HD160 for sometime with a Fox Float 170mm up front. I have been really liking this setup for doing just about everything. Fast, flowing, chunk, steep drops, and techy climbing.
    In my quest to constantly look for ways to screw around with my bike and spend time in my garage I am considering slapping on a Cane Creek Angleset or Works Components headset to slack the headangle out one degree? Any opinions on the best option? Are the Anglesets still a setup nightmare? Anybody with experience on the Works Components headset?
    Slacking out the headangle one degree will also lower the bottom bracket height and steepen the seat angle, yes? How much does it lower the bottom bracket?
    Wondering if its worth it...I like my set up the way it is, but I somehow like the idea of getting the bike lower and slacker. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    I've got a -1.5* Works Components headset on my HD 140 which sits right around 66* now. I had my LBS install it but they said it went in easily and it's smooth and silent on my bike. my BB dropped .25" between the headset and switching out a 160mm Lyrik for a 150mm Revelation, so I don't attribute much to the headset. (I also changed tires so that might affect my results a bit).

if you want to go lower and slacker, I'd drop your fork down to 160mm and get a -2* Works headset.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have Works Components -1,5 degree headset as well. I installed it by myself. I had no problems to install it. It works fine, sometimes I regret not buying -2 degrees.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. I never would have considered the -2 degrees, but maybe when set with the fork at 160 it would be the way to go.