mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Mojo HD 140 with a Coil?

Hey Guys I was just curious if it was possible to fit the Mojo HD 140 with a Coil shock like a Fox RC4 or Monarch? I know it can be done with the regular 160mm of travel but wasnt sure if it was possible with the 140mm travel. Thanks for your time,

Dave

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Fox makes the DHX RC4 in 7.875x2 (the shock needed for the HD140), so yes it's possible. I've considered it for mine because of how un-impressive the RP23 is, but can't accept the massive weight penalty of a coil... According to Cane Creek the DB air with the needed eye to eye and stroke is coming out this summer, waiting on that
    Evil Undead & a box of trail bike parts waiting for a new frame

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I was talking to some of the Ibis crew at seaotter, and he recommended the x fusion, at least for me on my HD 140. He's running a DBair on his 160, but said the bottom out resistance on the xfusion should work good for the 140.

Clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by vtsingletrack View Post
    Fox makes the DHX RC4 in 7.875x2 (the shock needed for the HD140), so yes it's possible. I've considered it for mine because of how un-impressive the RP23 is, but can't accept the massive weight penalty of a coil... According to Cane Creek the DB air with the needed eye to eye and stroke is coming out this summer, waiting on that
    I love the fox RC4 7.875x2 on my classic Mojo. It is so much better than the factory rp23 and so very user tunable. I believe the HD would match up even better since it's suspension curl is even more linear. The weight penalty was among the best I ever made. (that and the fox 160 up front.)

LS
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Do you think a coil could fit on the slr as well? since you fit one on your classic mojo?

Clyde
    Mojo Classic, SL, HF140 and SLR all take a 7.875x2 shock. All but the HD have the same suspension curve.

LS
    Last edited by LuckySomer; 04-29-2012 at 10:08 PM.

mtbr member
    If you don't want the weight penalty go Monarch Plus.

Clyde
    The rc3 looks cool. Another option if you are thinking air. Call push industries they may have a monarch am/am that would be coil like. They will also give you straight talk on your other candidates.

LS

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Does anyone ever tried the Dueler shock from Diverse suspension?

They offer 7.875" X 2.00" with titanium coil for about 300 $, and weighting a bit less than 400gr.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu Guilhon View Post
    Does anyone ever tried the Dueler shock from Diverse suspension?

They offer 7.875" X 2.00" with titanium coil for about 300 $, and weighting a bit less than 400gr.
    The Dueler's low price and features appears to be tempting to try if there is a dealer in your country who services the shock. They didn't list a dealer in the US last time I checked back in the winter. So a major problem I could see living in the US is having good support directly from China or a foreign dealer for any problems, and for the normal yearly damper service needed as much as I ride.

I've ordered the Santa Cruz based X-Fusion Vector HLR coil shocks for my HD for both 140 and 160mm travel. I'll be reviewing here in the mtbr ibis forum when I get some miles on it.

holding back the darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by derby View Post
    So a major problem I could see living in the US is having good support directly from China or a foreign dealer for any problems, and for the normal yearly damper service needed as much as I ride.
    FWIW... It just received a Ti Coil for my Vivid from them. Although it's apparent that english is not "Cres's" first language, I had excellent email interaction with them. It felt pretty sketchy posting a paypal transaction to an email originating in taiwan, but it worked perfectly, and their EMS shipping system tracked my spring all the way to my door.

IMG_1108

(small child not included)
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver View Post

Hilarious! Cute kid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver View Post
    FWIW... It just received a Ti Coil for my Vivid from them. Although it's apparent that english is not "Cres's" first language, I had excellent email interaction with them. It felt pretty sketchy posting a paypal transaction to an email originating in taiwan, but it worked perfectly, and their EMS shipping system tracked my spring all the way to my door.

IMG_1108

How much for the Ti spring?

Thanks