mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Mojo Fit for tall riders i.e. 6'4"

Been drooling over this bike and finally got to take it around the streets - only problem was that it was a Large, not the XL size i need. Question for those tall riders (6'4") out there who have been on the Mojo and Blur LT. How does the riding positon compare? The BLT in XL felt a little too 'upright' for me. Not sure how much of this was stem length vs. geometry but curious to hear other feedback from tall riders. Loved the feel of the Mojo (fast!) but realize that fit is more important. Other choices i'm looking at are Ells Epiphany and Ventana El Ciclon. Both are a little bigger toptube etc. and could be a better fit. Opinions and thoughts please. Thanks!

www.derbyrims.com
    Tall Tom is the President of Ibis, and he stands about 6' 5", hence his MTBR name. He helped design the Mojo with his own interests in mind too.

Do an advanced search in the Ibis forum on his name. He probably writes about the fit for "low-profile challenged" riders.

mtbr member

Perfect fit ...

Quote Originally Posted by karimod
    Been drooling over this bike and finally got to take it around the streets - only problem was that it was a Large, not the XL size i need. Question for those tall riders (6'4") out there who have been on the Mojo and Blur LT. How does the riding positon compare? The BLT in XL felt a little too 'upright' for me. Not sure how much of this was stem length vs. geometry but curious to hear other feedback from tall riders. Loved the feel of the Mojo (fast!) but realize that fit is more important. Other choices i'm looking at are Ells Epiphany and Ventana El Ciclon. Both are a little bigger toptube etc. and could be a better fit. Opinions and thoughts please. Thanks!
    Not to swing you away from the wonderful Mojo but as you know Ventana will build you a costum bike for a very moderate extra (used to be around $200). In my my book Ventanas is just up there with the few in-house bike makers left that really pay attention to detail and build something that is s a step up in respect to production bikes. Or you can consider Sycip that does wonderful work in steel (costum too) based on a Ventana rear http://www.sycip.com/ and get a beautifully retro suspension bike ... the opposite side of the Mojo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg l1.jpg (111.0 KB, 177 views)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thanks derby and davide - the ventana el ciclon is another of the bikes that looks awesome (plus a little longer in the top tube than the mojo). Toughest thing is trying to get a test ride! I know I'm falling into the paralysis by analysis trap...

mtbr member
    Where do you live? My boss is building up the 21" El Ciclon right now. I could arrange a test ride if you are local.