Thread: Mojo Chainline?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Mojo Chainline?

Anyone got any ideas on what the chainline should be on the Mojo?

Any info appreciated before I order my cranks and Bottom bracket.

Thanks in advance.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Sorry, don't know what the chainline is.....but if you buy Shimano cranks, you'll put 2 spacers on the driveside and 1 spacer on the other.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Probably gonna get some Middleburn RS8 cranks with an ISIS bottom bracket. Just need to make sure I get the correct axle length so I don't screw up the chainline.
    Middleburn say these cranks will give a 48mm chainline on a 113mm axle.

My existing bike an Orange 5, has a 50mm chainline. Easily sorted out with the spacers on the hollowtech BB (as you say, ddraewwg)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    If I remember right, there is an old post somewhere back that touched on this issue perfectly. Hans posted the info I think you are looking for. It might be called chain allignment(?)
    Good luck and welcome to the Ibisian family!

www.derbyrims.com
    Doing a search on "chainline" in the Ibis forum finds much on this subject. Looks like 49 - 50 mm from BB center to middle ring center is within spec per Ibis and Shimano for the external bearing BB's. A 48mm chainline should work I'd imagine with Isis BB (there is room for the rings to clear for sure) and be a little smoother in the lower cogs.

See this link:
    Mojo chainline.

As a heavier rider near 200 lbs I never got more than 1 year and often less time from the best Isis BB's from Raceface and FSA. My FSA MegaExo external bearing BB is now 1.5 years old and giving no signs of dying anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I love bicycle technology . They can make a bike so durable regardless the weather.

Oh yeah talkin bout technology. Do your fork sealing has cracks? Cause my RS Recon seals start to develop cracks. I wonder if this is normal or what?
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for your help guys and thanks for the welcome.

I haven't got my mojo yet, but it's on order and I'm looking forward to building it up. I'm very curious to see how it rides on my local fave trails compared to my Orange 5. My 5 has been my all time favourite ride and I still have a real soft spot for it Will it be consigned to hanging naked on my workshop wall as a memento of rides past?

Wheelhot, am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wheelhot, am I missing something?
    Huh? Which of my post are you referring to?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    I love bicycle technology . They can make a bike so durable regardless the weather.

Oh yeah talkin bout technology. Do your fork sealing has cracks? Cause my RS Recon seals start to develop cracks. I wonder if this is normal or what?
    erm! The one above?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well, I mean a bicycle has been designed to suit all conditions, from sunny day, mud and snow and yet they still can make it lightweight and abuseable.

My RS Recon fork seals has started to develop cracks. So I wonder if this is a normal thing or what?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy