mtbr member

Mojo Carbon sighting, Kelso Ont...

Imagine my surprise when I was descending a great technical trail at Kelso in Milton Ontario on Tuesday night, riding my Mojo Carbon, when I see a fellow rider ascending the same trail up ahead. I courteously pull aside to let the heavy breathing rider continue his ascent when I notice he is also on a Mojo carbon. I couldn't believe my eyes...

I didn't have the heart to stop him mid-climb to chat with him so I continued my descent and hoped to bump into him again later on. Didn't happen.

Looking forward to seeing others.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    did you at least tell him "nice bike!" ?

You know my steez...

Mojo envy

Is your bike Eddy orange? I ordered mine on May 18th and it is still not in at my LBS. I keep reading all the glowing reviews and great stories by happy Mojo owners....I just cant wait! Plus, I sold a perfectly good Santa Cruz to get the Mojo and now I don't have a Mt Bike! I'm glad I appreciate road riding, I can still hammer on my Felt F55 until my Ibis arrives. I'll just have to keep reading posts by you guys until I join the ranks of avid Mojo owners. Keep the stories coming!

mtbr member
    Ahh... Reminds me of the good ol' days when I used to ride in Kelso and Hilton Falls across the highway. Back when I was really young.

The thing that amazed me after moving out west wasn't the limitless options for riding or the views, it was the fact that I didn't have to pay a cent to get in.

Mind you, I really loved the Minnesing in Algonquin Park. That was worth the drive and admission fee...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=BunnV]Is your bike Eddy orange?QUOTE]

Nope, mine is sexy sweet and NAKED. The wait will be worth it, although I couldn't live without at least one MTB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Ken
    Ahh... Reminds me of the good ol' days when I used to ride in Kelso and Hilton Falls across the highway. Back when I was really young.

The thing that amazed me after moving out west wasn't the limitless options for riding or the views, it was the fact that I didn't have to pay a cent to get in.

Mind you, I really loved the Minnesing in Algonquin Park. That was worth the drive and admission fee...
    Hey Ken, so you used to be a local boy? Hilton Falls and Kelso are still great places to ride. There are some of the best trails around BEHIND Hilton Falls in the agreement forest and they are free. Super rocky and technical, but no elevation so no climbs. For climbing, Kelso has the hill, a lungbuster.

I've done the Minnesing trail also, when my wife and I just started riding. We each took only one bottle and almost dehydrated by the end. Saw a Moose up close (too close for my liking) and just missed seeing a bear, he left his big steaming "i was here" sign in the middle of the trail.

mtbr member
    I have a Mojo carbon coming early next week. I ride Kelso all the time so look out for a guy in a black helmet and a Guiness Foam Mojo. I'm looking forward to it. I currently ride my Reign so the six pounds savings will be fun.

Doesn't it feel strange to read people complaining about paying $7.00 to ride in a forum for bikes that are a minimum $4000.00? The fee's for riding are a pittance when compared to skiing or golf especially when you consider how much land we use. Perhaps if they were more we would have better trails (How come golf clubs and ski hills are so weel cared for. People pony up the cash) Nothing is free.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    If fees meant more trails and maintenance I would be all for them - that is why I am happy to pay to ride at Keystone or Whistler. But the reality for public lands seems to be that fees just means more public rest rooms or picnic tables and not more of the thing I love.

so personally, even though my bike is silly expensive I choose to never ride fee areas - also given that fee areas tend to be hiker oriented rather than biker and the trails are less interesting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ51
    Hey Ken, so you used to be a local boy? Hilton Falls and Kelso are still great places to ride. There are some of the best trails around BEHIND Hilton Falls in the agreement forest and they are free. Super rocky and technical, but no elevation so no climbs. For climbing, Kelso has the hill, a lungbuster.
    I lived in Toronto for 25 years before coming out west. I lived near Pottery Rd so I spent quite a bit of time riding in the Don Valley and cruising around at the Beaches.

I went to Kelso quite a bit but for the longest time, I went there solely for rock climbing. I remember walking up that hill and thinking how those mountain bikers were all out of their minds.

You know my steez...
    I ordered orange back in May and it's still not in. I love the naked carbon too. Actually all the options are pretty nice because they look so unusual. I checked with my shop yesterday and it's still not in so I'll keep waiting....damn! Please post pictures of your when you can.