holding back the darkness

M.O.G. (mojo owners group)

Would anyone out there be interested in a Mojo Rally?
    The idea would be to select a wintertime wonderland of riding to assemble likeminded Mojo pilots for a few days of riding and a chance to see the faces behind the avatars. Kind of like Sturgis, but for Ibisians... This MOG (Mojo Owners Group) rally could be anywhere... but although the winter riding here in Northern Colorado is pretty good for snow covered, I'm thinking there is probably some dryer, warmer singletrack out there that could provide a good venue.
    All constructive input is welcome, and I'm especially looking for some local beta from you folks in appropriate climates... so you SoCal-ers, Arizonans, Mexicans, Mormons (sorry Utahites.. when does Moab get warm?)... you know who you are.
    Presidents Day Weekend is the next long weekend on deck that might work for the greatest number of people.
    I can provide native coloradoan delicacies to those who step up with solid info. Treats like New Belgium La Folie and other products fresh from the brewery and maybe even a nip of Stranahans Colorado Whiskey.

Discuss.
    **** censorship

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I would be in for a Moab location on that weekend. I know my way around Moab pretty well and would absolutely love to show other Ibis'ins around some of the awesome single track that Moab has to offer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm there. Put me on the list. Actually, two of us on the list. From Los Angeles and have always wanted to ride in Moab. Would even ride somewhere in Arizona if necessary. Sounds like a great event.

Bikes we have:

Large 07' Blue Mojo (pretty much XTR build with the exception of the XC-1 Wheelset).
    Large 07' Green Mojo (XT/XTR build).

B.T.W.- Just put the new XTR Carbon Shadow rear derailleur on my Mojo and it shifts much more precise than the normal 07' XTR derailleur. It also looks nice, very nice.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Moab sounds great. But in February the temps will be in the 40ís, BRRRRR! In Southern California the temps will be in the sixties, BEETTTTEERR! Iím in Orange County, CA. but would love to go into the San Diego or Los Angeles county areas for a group ride. But what ever, Iím available the 15-18th of February.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile

how about sedona in late march or early april?
    wifes love the spas while we ride the trails.

Ok... I see this thread is becoming buried. Does anyone have any specific suggestions for wintertime fun, like specific areas..... trails... ect... PM me if you'd rather not post them. If the interest isn't there I'll just recycle this thread in a couple months when the weather here is warmer... Cheers.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

How about Gooseberry Mesa ?

We were there last February and the conditions and temp were great Good enough we will be back there again this Feb. Little Creek Mesa is close by too . More than enough for a long weekend. Just a thought. Great idea to have a get together. Harry

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I don't have a location recommendation, but I like the idea and would be interested in riding with you guys if we can pick a spot.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Can this be made as a sticky to see who would be interested?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Great idea! How do we do that?
    **** censorship

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I think our moderator would do that for us. Iím embarrassed to say I donít know who the Ibis moderator is, Sorry
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm up for gooseberry in feb. Did Moab last year and just ran out of time to hit the st george area. Hery Gonzo, you up for a road trip? I won't even mind putting your rig on my bike rack since you are now sporting the SL and not that Sugar

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Luis I'm down! Just let me know what date! Hopefully it's a weekend I'm off of work, you know how that works.