mtbr member

Lower shock bolt removal

Quick question,

I just took off the Fox RP23 shock off my Ibis mojo. The lower shock bolt easily un threaded, leaving two collars around what I call a sleeve/bushing.

How do you get the lower bushing off so I can remove the canister. It seems that it frozen to lower shock body.

Erik

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The shock eyelet bushing reducers are press fit in. The easiest way to get them out is with a fluted screw extractor. Insert, twist, and pull a bit, and they will pop right out (one from each side).

mtbr member
    Actually mine had a thru styloe bushing. I ended up using a small tapered socket and largesocket on the other side. A couple of hits from a hammer and it came right out.

Thank you for your quick reply. I can definetly see a extactor working also. I used that on my Yeti. What a pain in the butt!

Erik

aka dan51
    Enduro is making a roller bearing kit to replace the bushing.
    The Mojo will need the 22mm and 40mm ones. You can probably get by with just the 40mm, since that's the one that wears out most often. 40mm kit isn't out yet though.
    http://enduroforkseals.com/id275.html
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Has anyone actually used this kit and found it beneficial?

I did the air sleeve maintenance last week on my shock. I don't know what a fluted screw extractor is...but I took the ghetto route and used pliers to yank off the bushings from either end, and then a hammer to take out the pin that's in the lower eyelet. Not ideal? Probably. Not recommended? I'm sure it was. Pain? Totally.