mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Lopes MRP on SL - what the hell?!

Beyond frustrated trying to install this thing. The ibis bolt comes nowhere near fitting the plate for the guide. Even if it did get flush, the holes (for a screw I didnt get) on the ibis bolt and the mrp backplate come nowhere near lining up. Finally ditched that, put the original swing arm bolt back in and had to file the backplate of the guide to make it fit. Still isn't on flush and there's tons of rub on both limits of the rear cassette. Gave up this evening after 5 hours messing with it. Needed a beer.

I'll be contacting Ibis as I spoke with them prior to purchasing and they said it would fit fine. Just seeing if anyone else has experienced similar problems.

Mojo SL triple up front, going to 1x9 leaving middle ring.

Thanks for any insight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I thought it was made for the HD not the SL/Classic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I did too but their website indicates otherwise. I spoke with them prior to ordering and was told it would fit without adjustment on my SL. They are awesome to deal with and I'll call Monday to sort it out.

http://store.ibiscycles.com/mrp-lope...uide-p132.aspx

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I fitted one last week - it does rub slightly big ring out the back but other than that it fits fine... I got this one from wiggle which looks the same.. Can you post pics where yours isn't fitting?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Ok, I had the wrong guide. There is a stock guide and one made specifically for the Mojo. The backplate is different which caused my issues.

On that note, Ibis has quickly responded to me (by phone AND email) and helped me through the issue. Although I'm an idiot for not realizing this prior, they cut me a deal on a new backplate to ease my pain.... too awesome!

Their customer service is so amazing and it's why I'll continue to ride their bikes for a long time to come!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Really? Didn't know there were Mojo specific backplates - strange as as far as I can tell mine isn't Mojo specific but seems to fit fine...