mtbr member
    May 2007

A long time waiting the Mojo

Hi,
    I ordered LTM Racing (in Spain) a L Guinnes Foam Mojo the May 5, I expect to have it in one month, then two ,then tree and now it seems I have to wait past summer.There is no way to know when truly is going to arrive?.
    Does Ibis follow a request list?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey man, I feel your pain.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

You know my steez...

It takes a while.....

I ordered my large orange Mojo on May 18th. The arrival date was pushed back 3 or 4 times. It finally came in on July 13th. It seemed like forever, especially since I sold my other mt. bike (a Santa Cruz) to help pay for the Mojo. So I had NO mt bike for two months

The GOOD news is: IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!

You will LOVE your Mojo and after it arrives you'll forget about how long it took to get. I keep mine in the house in my office. Every time I walk past the door and see it I say "ohhhhh!" because its so freakin nice!

Hopefully your bike will be in soon and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You should certainly work with your LBS and have them contact Ibis for at least some type of timeline. They'll say something like, we expect our shipment from Hong Kong in early July, etc. Once Ibis receives them, they turn them around very quickly. I ordered a frame from my LBS about 4 weeks ago. I just got my frame Monday. I was in contact with Ibis directly myself several times within those 4 weeks to find out when they expected the frames, then it shipped to the LBS, etc. Ibis always answered the phone immediately and were always willing to help. Obviously, they cannot tell you if you are on the top of the list at your LBS, but they can tell you what size/color your LBS has on order. Since you are in Spain, there may be some logistics that are different from here in the States. I'm sure that your LBS or Ibis can give you some details.

--MXFanatic

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

99 days

I have finally received my MOJO (nude) also from LTMRacing in Spain after 3 months (exactly 99 days) of waiting. It has been a long time to think about my new bike but fortunatelly I still have my ETX-70 to ride.
    Nice thing is I have received the frame with a new 2008 Fox RP23.
    ...anyway my MOJO is still not finished because a delay (!) in other components...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thank-you to encourage me.
    It seems there is no timeline .The arrival date was delayed some times and I contact Ibis (Scot) and said me than two L Foam Guinnes will arrive to my LBS on the begining of July but today my LBS say me that don,t know when the Mojo is going to arrive and I have to wait till past summer (1,2 month?) .I"m very disappointed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'm in the same boat mate. Got a pile of parts - but no frame. Some of the parts have had to go on my NRS as the the fork just fell apart on it (good thing I went for a TALAS fork). Still, it's a shame. I wanted to build my Mojo brand new. And I _really_ want to test my speedball post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Pile of parts and no frame for two weeks and counting for my small eddy orange and it seems forever since I have no bike at all, sacrificing for the dream… and I have confidence it is going to be worth it. (a two weeks old waiting guy talking) I hope I will continue to have this determination until the day it arives.

mtbr member
    Hang in there guys!

I know how it feels to wait around for the frame... especially during the summer season.

All I can say is that it'll be well worth the wait.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    i think it is a clever (evil) marketing ploy of Scott and company at Ibis.

If new owners have to wait (often not riding at all while they wait) for extended periods of time, by the time the mojo arrives the anticipation is so high that you can only be over the moon with happiness. They then announce to the world how awesome the bike is they just waited so long for is

Evil and Diabolical I says!!!

Seriously - It actually adds to how great the bike is knowing that they are only producing a small quantity of amazingly high quality frames. It feels like you are joining an elite group of bike conniseur's once you have the new toy in hand.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Remember it's only a bike,
    I wait peacefully the mojo cross two or three oceans to come.
    Remember it's only a bike, Remember it's only a bike, Remember it's only a bike,
    Well,I feel much better now, happy to have the chance to enjoy a Ibis Mojo.
    At any rate, anybody in Ibis know aproximatelly the date?

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    I only had to wait a week and a half... lucky i guess That felt tough even!.. I spent lots of hours hanging here with the ibis types trying to be close to 'my ibis' through contact with other owners...

it's cool that the mojo exists! It's cool to have one on order! It's cool to ride!

I think you are on the right track - trying to be centered! If you can be centered while your mojo finds its way to you - that is good!

I ordered a green one, and I could sort of see 'green' in my minds eye when I thought about my bike to be -

something a bit mystical, cool!
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Mine waited for me! I had to sleep on it over night to make the decision to buy it! I took it the next day! I already have a Bow-ti, which is an awesome ride itself, so I didn't NEED the bike. I actually pushed back my Silk Carbon 6 weeks to take the Mojo. It is an incredible ride and will be well worth the wait. Hold in there lad!
    It is NOT a marketing ploy to make us love the bike! That is easy to do by just looking at one!
    I have been an Ibis Member for 10 yrs, so I had privey to the only unsold Mojo in Western Canada.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ausoler, get ur bike yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

long long time to wait in germany too....

same story in gemany, i ordered my ibis mojo in carbon nude on the 4th of april, delivery was after a every-week-remember-me-call! to my dealer end of july, that means approx. 4 month later. so.. keep on waiting - the mojo is every week of waiting worth. best bike ever.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    so did you get ur mojo yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    delivered and in use since 3 weeks ... fitted with xtr, syntace stem and carbo bar, and 2008 fox talas rlc.. great como - works well

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brezzer
    delivered and in use since 3 weeks ... fitted with xtr, syntace stem and carbo bar, and 2008 fox talas rlc.. great como - works well
    Sweet! What kind of wheels?
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Mojo arrived two weeks ago

Hi friends,my mojo arrived two weeks ago ,is not a foam Guinness color is blue .I enjoy a lot my first Kms.(300) is a lot faster than my Stumpy ( I can believe the crono of my usuals trails).
    Like Carbon Ken said:All I can say is that it'll be well worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Good job!

Sweet! So what are you doing on the computer now! Get out and ride that Blue Beauty!
    Personally, that color is my fav, cause my first Stumpy was that same blue! 1996 Stumpjumper Comp FS!

mtbr member
    May 2007

blue Beauty

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    wow, how come ur blue looks different then the normal Ibis baby blue? Congrats anyway, and get some dirt on it, it looks too clean. Oh yeah and dont forget to post it on post your Ibis Mojo here thread kay? Thanks