mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Legendary Customer Service!

I am posting to say thanks to Tom and Scot at Ibis for their truly amazing customer support. If anyone is condsidering purchasing a Mojo, I can definitely recommend it. Not only are you getting the best all-mountain bike there is, you are getting amazing support as well.

I had ridden my Ibis Mojo only a handful of times when a fault developed with the SRAM XO Carbon Rear Mech. It was a medium cage mech, which clearly isn't suited to the Mojo.

I was very frustrated and e-mailed, not expecting a quick resolution.

Within a matter of minutes, Tom replied from Ibis stating that he would try and get Stif.co.uk (where the bike was bought from) to send a replacement long cage mech. They did this and within 2 days the replacement mech had arrived. Scot also replied to check the situation and Tom followed up to make sure I was sorted. To have the President and the Founder of a company deal with you personally is very impressive!

It is very refreshing to see that a company with the slogan "Ride More, Work Less" really means it! The last time I had a similar problem with my last bike it took me a whole month to get the bike back from my LBS as they wouldn't replace the mech until SRAM had assessed it.

I had booked some time off work to ride the new Mojo so it was a big relief to get the problem sorted so quickly.

It is all very well having a fantastic bike but without this kind of support, Ibis would be just another bike company. It is wonderful to know that if a problem develops, you have this kind of backup.

Customers in the US may be more used to this level of support, but I can tell them in the UK this is unheard of in my experience. I can honestly say this is a definitely another Ibis-customer-for-life as I wouldn't consider another bike manufacturer in the future.

Thanks again guys for the bike and the support!

And to anyone speccing up a new Mojo - make sure you get a long cage mech!!!

Adam

mtbr member

I'll Second That! My Story...

Thanks for bringing this up Adam. Here is my similar "legendary customer service" story: After a couple months of owning my Mojo, my rear shock (RP23) developed an annoying squeek when it was in ProPedal mode. I tried all the obvious/easy fixes to remedy it, but to no avail. So I posted on this board asking if any other Mojo owners had experienced the same thing. (See posting at: Squeaky Rear Shock (Fox RP23).

The same day, the first person to reply to my posting was Hans from Ibis with some ideas for me. When it turned out is was a problem with the shock, instead of sending me off to deal with Fox myself, they not only offered to deal with Fox directly, but also offered to send me a loaner shock to keep me rolling while my shock was being serviced! Then sent the loaner out the same day to my LBS for immediate installation. Then later sent my repaired shock back to my LBS for installation whenever I was ready to bring my bike back in. And told me to hold onto the loaner until I was sure the problem was indeed fixed.

That is so far above and beyond any customer service I have ever experienced, I was actually shocked. It certainly further validated my decision to buy my new ride from a friendly boutique company like Ibis.

Thanks Hans and Ibis---you guys just built some serious customer loyalty. And thanks to the guys at Paradigm Cycles in San Anselmo, CA for making the whole swap out so smooth and easy on me...same day service twice, and I didn't miss one ride!

Happy Trails!

mojo mofo
    More praise for the customer service here, along with many thanks to Hans.

I had a noise issue with the RP23 and after waiting a while for a response from the Canadian Fox distributor I tried Ibis. They got back to me the same day and sent me a shock to use immediately. Even after the second one was suspect they sent a third! Pretty amazing level of service on a part they didn't even build. Maybe they're like the Maytag of the bike industry, their product is so good they have time to make sure all the extras are right.

I was already trying to talk my friends into getting a Mojo (at the risk of no longer being the only Mojo around) but now I can add awesome customer support to the list of reasons to go Ibis.

When it comes time to get a road bike, I know who I'll be calling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hmm I think this forum needs to sticky their Post you Mojo carbon pics thread and also their legendary customer service thread

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

agreed!

I likewise experienced incredible service from Ibis Tech Support that I can't imagine any other bike company offering. Thank you all at Ibis for a most incredible ride and customer support!

mtbr member
    May 2007

and thanks all for

telling me where the squeak on my new Mojo is coming from (hadn't thought of the shock).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadgit
    telling me where the squeak on my new Mojo is coming from (hadn't thought of the shock).
    Hmmm. I wonder if they could tell me where I left my cell phone...

Knomer
    Can someone explain why it's absolutely mandatory to use a long cage changer on this frame? This sounds like a chain length issue, not a cage length issue. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Can someone explain why it's absolutely mandatory to use a long cage changer on this frame? This sounds like a chain length issue, not a cage length issue. Thanks.
    I'm using a XO short length