Thread: Lea's Ibis SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Lea's Ibis SS

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my wifes bike for you all. She has had it for quite awhile and loves it. This bike has served her well. Enjoy.
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

VRC Hound
    A beauty!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Those handjob cable hangers always crack me up, they are so cool. Ibis, another bike on my list of things to own when I am wealthy and have a huge garage. All I need is to finish grad school and find a job that pays six figures and I am set.
    Get on your bikes and ride!

VRC Hound
    For a little while there seemed to be a lot of interesting older Ibisi being made available for sale but things have since gotten relatively quiet, unless you want an Ibis trials frame in San Francisco I suppose. The problem isn't just space and money but it is also finding the bike(s) you want available for sale. Then again there are worse problems.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Then again there are worse problems.
    you mean convincing the wife there's nothing wrong w/ 10 bikes in your living room?
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Nice Rob! Perfect proportions on the bike - seat height, seat angle, frame size, bar position... Say howdy to Lea for me. You guys going to be out in Tucson in a couple weeks?

You and Lea should head up to the Keyesville Classic. I talked to Chuck a week ago and think he's going too.

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

Nice

What is the length of the stem, and does it sag much when weighted?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey Mike,
    Unfortunately we won't be going out to Tucson this year. I'm pretty bummed because we had such a great time last year. We are thinking about going to keysville so mabey we will see you there.

Kuna,
    The stem length is 135mm it does sag a bit with my a$$ but I don't think it does with hers.
    Rob

He be a moose too.
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    you mean convincing the wife there's nothing wrong w/ 10 bikes in your living room?
    In college, I lived in a house with three other people. They didn't like that I locked the bike to a non-functioning radiator in the dining room. I didn't have much of anything and certainly nothing in the public areas and told them that all I want is 12 sq. feet of the house and that my mountain bike was certainly more attractive than their old furniture. If I couldn't get a few sq. feet, then they could put their couches, tv's, etc. in their rooms.

They gave me the 12 sq. feet.

'Guin

VRC Hound
    Sadly I really do need to find a way to shoe horn 10 bikes into my apartment and I fear that my wife is not as easy to convince as college room-mates - even for bikes as lovely as this Ibis SS!

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Sadly I really do need to find a way to shoe horn 10 bikes into my apartment and I fear that my wife is not as easy to convince as college room-mates - even for bikes as lovely as this Ibis SS!
    wives are tough.. better find a very well built plan. new house maybe? they love new houses..
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull