You know my steez...

At last, my Mojo has come around!!!!

I just picked up my large Eddy Orange Mojo SX this afternoon. My first ride will be tomorrow. The only changes I made were the TALAS Fox fork and I mounted my Garmin Edge 305.

The orange paint is show quality, just beautiful. I'm super happy and excited to try it on the trail tomorrow!

Here are some "pre-ride" pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Congratulations BunnV! So glad to see your painfull wait is over. You must be like a kiddy in a sweetshop right now! She looks great, a good solid dependable build.

Look forward to hearing your ride impressions.

After a mojo myself and will probably transfer the xt kit from my Orange 5. Just trying to justify the £1699 ($3,457) price tag for the frame here in the U.K!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Looks great, Congrats!

one little observation, your chain stay protector has a pretty good gap between it and the chain suck plate... i had my first chain suck, and that will be the area most affected... fortunately I had some 40mil 3M film around the area so no ill effects!

This is your very new baby, and most likely want to protect her finish
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wow, EDDY ORANGE is simply beautifull, dont forget to post ur new bike in the Post Your Mojo pics here thread

You know my steez...

First ride impressions....

BELIEVE THE HYPE!
    Thank goodness this bike lived up to all the critical acclaim it has received in these forums! It climbs, desends, rails singletrack and fireroads just as well as everyone that has one has already said! It also drew a crowd as I took it off my roof rack (It was still GLEAMING new) and we used up prime riding time talking about it!

My bike weighs 28.10 pounds according to the digital scale at my LBS. It is 2 pounds heavier than the Santa Cruz Superlight it replaced, yet somehow it feels LIGHTER than my old SC on the climbs.

The SRAM shifters only took a little getting used to after riding XTR triggers for 7 years. Up shifting or down shifting they were fast and engaged with a nice click.

The Hayes Nine disc brakes didn't have the power I expected and the lever pull was a little long BUT after riding for a couple of hours I became acclimated with them and found them strong enough and easy to modulate.

The TALAS fork is a wonder of engineering compared to the Manitou MARS that I had before. I understand they are designed for completely different applications but the difference is still remarkable. I played around with the travel adjustment on a climb and it works as advertised, but the reality is when other people on the forum said the Mojo climbs fine at 140mm, they were absolutely correct. I don't regret buying the TALAS though. It cost me $130 extra and I will use it depending on the type of trail I'm on. I love the adjustability.

I bought Crank Brothers "Smarty" pedals. Its the first time I've had anything other than Shimano SPD. They were easy to get in and easy to get out and the small platform is perfect for trail riding.

I did have a couple of problems today on the Mojo. First, I was sick so it wasn't my strongest day Second, I had a slow motion tip over trying to power up a loose rocky section of single track. I was in too low of a gear, spun the tire and flopped over on the left side. Now my perfect Eddy Orange Mojo has it's first scratch from a rock the caught the bottom of the chainstay on the left side. Oh well, now it’s a "REAL" Mt. Bike!

Before I picked the bike up I was planning lots of "upgrades" to do to it (wheels, brakes, more carbon etc...) Now after riding it, the first thing I plan to upgrade is how much time I can spend on it! Everything else is just ego (for me).
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know my steez...

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by bykingcnut

After a mojo myself and will probably transfer the xt kit from my Orange 5. Just trying to justify the £1699 ($3,457) price tag for the frame here in the U.K!
    Wow! That was the price of my bike COMPLETE!

Thanks for the props!

You know my steez...

Good lookin' out Scotto!

Quote Originally Posted by 1scotto
    Looks great, Congrats!

one little observation, your chain stay protector has a pretty good gap between it and the chain suck plate... i had my first chain suck, and that will be the area most affected... fortunately I had some 40mil 3M film around the area so no ill effects!

This is your very new baby, and most likely want to protect her finish
    Yes I do want to protect it! You are right about the protector. I can't really complain because it was on there when I picked the bike up. I'll take your advice and find some 3M flim to fill in the gap.

Thanks!

You know my steez...

Posted!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Wow, EDDY ORANGE is simply beautifull, dont forget to post ur new bike in the Post Your Mojo pics here thread
    Happily! I posted a few wheelhot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnV
    I just picked up my large Eddy Orange Mojo SX this afternoon.
    Finally BunnV, congrats….Magnificent…… two thumbs up....and happy to know it is definitely worth the wait.
    Last edited by Djaka; 07-15-2007 at 08:15 PM.

You know my steez...

Definitely worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Djaka
    Finally BunnV, congrats….Magnificent…… two thumbs up....and happy to know it is defiantly worth the wait.
    Thank you Djaka! Yes, it is worth the wait...it rides just like you've heard, but the best part is when you finally get it, it looks even better than you remember!

I had my first ride on it today. I was really sick. I mean I didn't feel well at all but I STILL had fun on it! The rear suspension was transparent. I never felt a need to adjust it one way or another. The fork works well too, but It has so many options that I found myself experimenting with different settings including different ride-heights. I think one of the coolest things about the Mojo is how versatile it is. With a 100mm fork and a light build it would make a nice XC bike (not the lightest though) and with a long travel fork and beefier build it’s a legendary AM bike. One thing is for sure; the Mojo has capabilities far beyond my skills. I'll be riding this bike for years to come.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Aaah, the feeling of a bike first scratch....I still remember it freshly considering I just got my Anthem at the end of last year. Its so painfull when I crashed and I found some scratches on my bike but now I dont really care anymore since...THIS IS MOUNTAIN BIKE. A bike without scratches is a bike that is not ridden . Anyway Im totally addicted to the Mojo, now I really like Eddy Orange but not sure if I still prefer the Naked carbon still XD. Haha Congrats on your bike though

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    I dont really care anymore since...THIS IS MOUNTAIN BIKE. A bike without scratches is a bike that is not ridden .
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

mtbr member
    Very nice bike!

I've been riding my Mojo for the last few months and being the rider I am, I've taken at least a dozen ugly falls but it's amazing how resilient the frame is to scrapes and scratches. (I'm riding a nude carbon.)

Ironically, all of the scratches I have are the result of me shoving my Mojo in my rear trunk.

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Ken
    Very nice bike!

I've been riding my Mojo for the last few months and being the rider I am, I've taken at least a dozen ugly falls but it's amazing how resilient the frame is to scrapes and scratches. (I'm riding a nude carbon.)

Ironically, all of the scratches I have are the result of me shoving my Mojo in my rear trunk.
    Thanks!!

I've been following your posts about your Mojo while waiting for mine to arrive. You're right about the resiliency of the frame. I hit that rock HARD. I was scared to look, but the damage was minimal and its only on the bottom of the chainstay. No biggie!

Sounds like you need a roof rack!

Knomer
    Wow, a Mojo WITHOUT a pro xc race build! So nice to see this all mountain frame outfitted with appropriate parts. Props to you.

That color is hot too, I might have to bite your style on that.
    Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 07-17-2007 at 02:56 PM.

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Wow, a Mojo WITHOUT a pro xc race build!.......That color is how too, I might have to bite your style on that.
    Yes sir! I realized a couple of years ago that I am NOT a XC racer (but I posed as one!). I wanted a trail bike that wasn't much heavier than my SC Superlight (it was around 26+ pounds). With the Mojo, I have everything I could ever want with only a 2 pound weight difference that I can't even feel! (the Mojo is 28 pounds)

As far as the orange, don't get it unless you want to talk about how awesome your bike looks. We wasted at least 15 minutes of ride time Sunday-looking at and talking about my bike! The color was the most talked about aspect of it- the carbon construction was second...

Thanks for the props!