mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Large Ibis Mojo SL with a Lefty

I really really want to pull the rigger and buy a Cannondale lefty for my large Mojo sl. Has any one out there got one to fit successfully?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The green one looks to be a small frame. Be careful with what pictures you post, as the frame size can make a difference as to whether or not it will fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I think you are correct Crossmaxx, the top one looks like a medium too, the Large headtube is 130mm long and as the clamps on the lefty can't be moved. That leaves 8mm stack height on the headset.

I really would like a lefty but need to see if anyone has managed to fit one to a large mojo before i pull the trigger on a Lefty.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The top one could maybe be a large frame? Either way, you can always buy the Lefty XL with bigger space between the clamps if you want to be sure.

Poor pic, but you get the idea.

mtbr member

yes

yes... using the project 321 adapter ... awesome service.. and will be getting my next adapter from them.

Just a word though... I find the performance of the lefty rather lacking ... especially when compared to my 2010 Revelation. Lets hope the 2010 lefty perform better...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Large Ibis Mojo SL with a Lefty-img_0096.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LLOYDSTEVENS
    I really really want to pull the rigger and buy a Cannondale lefty for my large Mojo sl. Has any one out there got one to fit successfully?
    Yes, we've done it for several customers. I myself rode a L mojo for a season or so.
    You can use the standard lefty crowns with 138mm spacing if your willing to get creative
    with the headset. I would just get the newer "xl" crowned lefty's with 163mm between crowns. Give us a call if you want to talk about your options. We can offer you a complete package including lefty, adapter, wheel, hub, whatever you need. We even have some lefty's in stock so you may not have to wait the months that it can take to get one.
    Jake-Project321 877-584-7321

mtbr member
    Hi Jake

can you give us a idea of what you mean "Creative with the headset"?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 lefty and new adapter for my L mojo sl.
    the left adapter you sent me for my lefty max alloy worked a charm and was real easy to setup.....

lets hope the adapter for the bonded ones are just as easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    Hi Jake

can you give us a idea of what you mean "Creative with the headset"?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 lefty and new adapter for my L mojo sl.
    the left adapter you sent me for my lefty max alloy worked a charm and was real easy to setup.....

lets hope the adapter for the bonded ones are just as easy.
    Hi DH_WP!

Installing the bonded adpapter is even easier.

The headtube on the mojo is 130mm plus a cane creek IS-3 is 9.5mm. That puts you
    at 1.5mm over the limit of 138. If you machine 1.5mm off the upper cover you can get it to fit. Or you can search around for a shorter stack integrated headset. That is all I meant by creative. Jake

mtbr member
    ahh I see...

I got 2 headsets stack things with my Cane Creek .. a tall one and a short one... not sure of the dimensions....

To be safe ill order the XL lefty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    ahh I see...

I got 2 headsets stack things with my Cane Creek .. a tall one and a short one... not sure of the dimensions....

To be safe ill order the XL lefty
    It's always nice to keep the crown as close to the headset as possible.
    Call me if you want to run some numbers together. Or if you want a quote on a lefty/adapter package.

Thanks!
    Jake

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Jake - Can you recommend a headset that is shorter than the IS3 that will allow the 138mm lefty to fit my large mojo? If not, can you machine the IS3 for me? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarko
    Jake - Can you recommend a headset that is shorter than the IS3 that will allow the 138mm lefty to fit my large mojo? If not, can you machine the IS3 for me? Thanks
    Clarko, looks like I never replied to you here. Sorry about that!

Actually, I machined some short top caps for the IS3 that we sell for 15.00 and they
    knock off over 3mm from the stack height. Call me if you want one.
    Jake
    Project321
    877-584-7321
    http://www.project321.com/