mtbr member

Which KS LEV for my Mojo HD?

Hi guys!

I知 gonna ride a KS LEV on my Mojo HD but I知 not sure about what length choose: 385 mm length/125 mm travel or 435 mm length/150 mm travel.

On the one hand, relative to the option 385 mm length/125 mm travel, the total length inside the frame would be 161 mm and the distance from the seatpost clamp to the mark of minimum insertion showed in the seatpost would be 登nly 41 mm. I知 afraid of these 41 mm be a short distance and the frame could be damaged.

And on the other hand, relative to the option 435 mm length/150 mm travel, the total length inside the frame would be 211 mm and the distance from the seatpost clamp to the mark of minimum insertion showed in the seatpost would be 91 mm. In this case, I知 afraid of these 91 mm be too much length inside the frame.

The next two pics represent the distance of seatpost inserted in the frame in each case (385/125 mm left and 435/150 mm right) and the red line represent the point inside the frame where the mark of minimum insertion showed in the seatpost would be.

Which KS LEV for my Mojo HD?-ks-lev-385-vs-435.jpg

Which option of seatpost do you think is the most suitable for me? I知 6 (with 870 mm inseam) and my frame is L size.

Thank you very much!

The Crow
    What is your saddle height?

(MEASURED FROM CENTRE OF BB TO THE TOP OF THE SADDLE IN-LINE WITH THE SEATPOST)
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan View Post
    What is your saddle height?

(MEASURED FROM CENTRE OF BB TO THE TOP OF THE SADDLE IN-LINE WITH THE SEATPOST)
    765 mm

The Crow
    You'll be good to go with a 150mm drop then. My saddle height is 750 and the post was slammed against the seat post clamp. You will in other words have another 15mm to play with saddle height if the need arise.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Close call, but I think you should be fine with the 150. - I have an inseam of 90cm (~35.43 for US) and happily run the 150 KS Lev with nearly 3cm outside the seat tube. Before the LEV I used the KindShock i900R and I appreciate the extra range compared to the 125!

When it comes to mm, even your shoes and pedals may play a role. I'm usually on classic 5-10 (rather high) and DMR Vault pedals (rather low). I guess when you go clipless, that's a bit higher.
    Last edited by Kerberos; 10-15-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: seat tube instead of seatpost!

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberos View Post
    I have an inseam of 90cm (~35.43 for US) and happily run the 150 KS Lev with nearly 3cm outside the seat tube.
    Went to my bike now and measured, turns out the seat post is 4.5cm outside the seat tube, so the 150 LEV will be perfect for you.

mtbr member
    Well, I definitely have placed an order for a 435/150 mm KS LEV seatpost.

Next week it will arrive at home!
    Last edited by Lobanovskyy; 10-21-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Too Much Fun
    Not to fork this thread TOO hard, but has anyone else been running the KS LEV using the ODI grip setup? It can replace the inboard ODI lock ring, which in theory is a nice bit of cockpit cleanup, but when I tried it made the cable pull sticky, meaning the lever wasn't able to return to neutral.

As soon as I took it off it was fine again. I popped the LEV mechanism and it all looked like it was working fine... Weird. Otherwise I love the KS. I was running a Reverb which I loved (3 years no problems!) but the LEV is as good if not better.

Is there a dropper forum on MTBR? There should be...
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    loosen the screw on it a bit, it will return. i had the same problem. you dont need to have it super tight.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    loosen the screw on it a bit, it will return. i had the same problem. you dont need to have it super tight.
    ...yeah, I tried that and it worked, sort of. I was still able to twist the grip around in my hand. Got a bit leery of torquing the outer lock ring to compensate. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
    - -benja- -