mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Which kind of seatpos? straight or with a edge misalignment

Hello, I am going to purchase a Mojo SL size M. I am 1'72 cm tall (or 56.5), and 82 cm (or 32-33") insean. While I am waiting for it, I would like to purchase other components. The thing is that I am not sure about the seatpost: straight or with a edge misalignment?
    I had another bike, but it was size S, so I can't count on it. Anybody with Mojo in size M and similar measures?
    Thank you.

do-a-wheelie
    Maverick Speedball. Ride fast, climb stuff, and jump stuff

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thank you, but it doesn't answer my question. That seatpost is for lowering the post, what I am asking about is for a seatpost with setback or straight.
    Sorry for my English, it is quite poor.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    it is hard to say. if i were you i would buy everthing besides the seat post. when you get everything together and built, bring your bike to the lbs and have them throw a straight or set back post in for measurements and take it from there. If you get to anxious and go ahead and "pre-buy" the post and it doesn't meet your measurements, it might be a pain in the arse to return and re-order the proper one. just ,my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanfitz
    it is hard to say. if i were you i would buy everthing besides the seat post. when you get everything together and built, bring your bike to the lbs and have them throw a straight or set back post in for measurements and take it from there. If you get to anxious and go ahead and "pre-buy" the post and it doesn't meet your measurements, it might be a pain in the arse to return and re-order the proper one. just ,my 2 cents.
    Yes, maybe that's the proper way to do things, but the seatpost I am thinking about takes two months since It is ordered, so I would like to take some advantage and order it yet. I would like to know people with a Mojo in size M an 172 cm tall (56.5), and 82 cm insean (32-33") to see if they have straight or set back post.
    Thank you anyway.

www.derbyrims.com
    Fit is really unique to each rider.

Generally stay with a straight centered seat post if you do very much climbing where you ride. The Mojo's 73 degree seat tube angle with centered seat post is very near ideal for most riders for the most efficient climbing position over the pedals. Adjust the seat back from the center of the rails to fine tune.

A lay back post would give more room for rearward seat adjustment which lowers the rider weight and aids quick flick side-to-side tight turning, but with a normal body geometry will reduce pedaling power while seated climbing. If you have extra long upper legs for your size then a layback post may help keep you adjust to be centered over the pedals better.

Your local bike shop should be able to help you fit well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That's been helpful, I do quite a lot climbing, so maybe you're right, and it is better a straight post......

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hail
    That's been helpful, I do quite a lot climbing, so maybe you're right, and it is better a straight post......
    The Syntace P6 seat post might be a good choice for you, if it is available where you live. It is a straight post, but it allows you to move the saddle further back than any other straight post that I know of. It is a matter of the seat clamp design.

I just installed it on my Ibis Mojo.

Trail Rider
    I'm 5 ft. 7 in. and ride a med. frame with a 90 mm stem. I have a straight Thomson post. I find the Mojo doesn't need much moving forward when climbing. With the seat centered, I can climb steep climbs seated in the normal position. Out of saddle climbing, I'm hovering straight above the saddle. I also find myself not moving back as much on steep DH runs, compared to my last bike.
    I hope this helps!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I am 181 cm (5'11") and I have Mojo SL M size with Thomson set back seatpost. Because of you are 10 cm smaller I would strongly recommend you to buy straight seatpost.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yo_ca
    The Syntace P6 seat post might be a good choice for you, if it is available where you live. It is a straight post, but it allows you to move the saddle further back than any other straight post that I know of. It is a matter of the seat clamp design.

I just installed it on my Ibis Mojo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    I'm 5 ft. 7 in. and ride a med. frame with a 90 mm stem. I have a straight Thomson post. I find the Mojo doesn't need much moving forward when climbing. With the seat centered, I can climb steep climbs seated in the normal position. Out of saddle climbing, I'm hovering straight above the saddle. I also find myself not moving back as much on steep DH runs, compared to my last bike.
    I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by monolink
    I am 181 cm (5'11") and I have Mojo SL M size with Thomson set back seatpost. Because of you are 10 cm smaller I would strongly recommend you to buy straight seatpost.
    Thank you very much. You all have been really helpful. I will go for a straight seatpost.
    Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Maverick Speedball. Ride fast, climb stuff, and jump stuff
    Just to remind you, its now CrankBrothers Jolpin
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy