EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Kenda El Moco Tires

My Mojo SL came with the Kenda El Moco tires. Don't have enough experience to make comparisons, and there is limited information available. Wanted to know what others think of this tire. Currently have a 2.35 front and 2.1 rear, does a 2.35 fit on rear?

mtbr member
    They look like good tires to me, they do look like they have quite a gap between the center tread and teh outside meaning they'll likely feel iffy while transitioning into a lean but hook up nicely once you get it leaned. Center tread looks kinda fast rolling, similar to a Weirwolf. Not that light though if you're concerned with that. Kendas I hear are known for having thin sidewalls as well. If you're looking at doing trial and All Mountain riding I'd definitely try those tires, if you really just do mostly XC and are looking for pedaling efficiency over grip I'd try something else.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Good but fast wearing rear. Rolls quickly with good cornering knobs. Braking bite is a bit down on other tires but that is what you give up for the low rolling resistance.

I have only tried it on the rear and I personally would want something with more center grip on the front.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yes the 2.35 will fit on the rear, take a look at the X9 build group on the Ibis web site. I have 2.1's F&R they seem to be ok. I'll wear em out then replace with Maxxis High Roller 2.35 60a. These tires hook on everything, have good wear and work great with the Stans.

mtbr member
    So the general view on these is good? My mojo came with the 2.1s front and rear and I didn't like them much BUT I now suspect I was running too much pressure in them. I now have maxxis Ardents 2.25 which I have really liked But I think I didn't give the kendas a good try and will try them again once the maxxis are done.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    7 rides on loose over hardpack clay, rocky limestone and rocks and rooty trails on my 2.3 Stiky E up front. Coming from a Maxxis High Roller 2.3 60a exxon Pro which to me is one of the best front cornering tires, the Kenda had a hard job. But I must say they have been awesome so far, rolls fast and bite hard on corners, braking is really good also. Got it as I wanted a tire with more volume than the HR but a seemingly tread pattern.

Only drawback so far, Kenda does not recommend any type of sealant (I hope I don't get the mutant bulges on it) however I had a converted Nev DTC with Stans for around 4 month's with no problems. I'm running it converted on Iodine's, which took a few rides to get them to hold air. Still they loose around 15 PSI during the night.

In summary so far, excellent tires up front. Weight 730g. No experience on the rear.

T.W.O.
    I've been using 2.35 on the rear for about 5-6 months now, It's a great tire. I combo it up with EXcavator 2.35 in the front. It feels smooth transitioning from upright to lean. My friends said that it shoots up rocks though. Good tire, I'm not sure but I think it's the lightest out off the three, Nev, EX, and EM.

So far the DTC still holding up well no noticeable cuts or ware I probably have 15 rides on them.