mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Just joined the Ripley crowd.

Saw that Yuba Expeditions was selling some of their demo bikes. Noticed that they had a medium Ripley with XT build with FOX DOSS dropper post added to the build. Called them and talked with Andy who runs the shop. What a great guy. He patiently answered all my questions. Found out it had only been rented out 5 days. Andy said the bike looked brand new. He said when he received the bike he took off the stock Specialized tires and put on WTB tires. So he kept the WTB tires on and threw in the Specialized tires into the deal. Bike cost me $3899 shipped to my house in Michigan. Just thought it was a deal I couldn't pass up. It is the Black with green trim version. So psyched. According to UPS it will be delivered to my LBS on Wednesday and they said they should be able to assemble it that day. Should have it by Halloween. Very excited.

Pictures sent from Andy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]841558[/ATTACH
    Just joined the Ripley crowd.-03c-ibis-ripley-front-view.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just joined the Ripley crowd.-03a-ibis-riley-right-side.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Procos, welcome to the Ibis gang. One good thing riding a Ripley, I usually get compliments from other bikers.

One suggestion to spend the money you saved on the Ripley: get a bike box and plane ticket to Downieville next summer. You will have a blast riding the trails there on your Ripley. I made it to Downieville twice this year. After the ride, hang around in the Yuba Exp's parking lot to drink a beer and dip in the river next to it to recover. Life can't get any better than that

insert sarcasm here
    Wow, that is a screaming deal considering the Ripley XT build is going for $5600 at Jenson right now. Congrats!

I remember when I joined the Mojo HD crowd, it was a great day indeed.
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

Dropshot Champ!
    I heard someone got the large with kashima all around and a doss for a little less, but it had a ton more shuttle days on it. I wish I had the change! You stole that bike

Congrats, you'll have to make it up this way to ride Downieville...put it on your list!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    I heard someone got the large with kashima all around and a doss for a little less, but it had a ton more shuttle days on it. I wish I had the change! You stole that bike

Congrats, you'll have to make it up this way to ride Downieville...put it on your list!
    Yeah I felt pretty solid about the price. Not to mention that was the price shipped to me and an extra set of tires. Shipping is easily $100, + cost of tires + cost of dropper post easily takes the cost of this bike new closer to $6000. All for the price of $3899 for me. Feeling pretty good right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Picking up my Ripley tomorrow from my LBS. Had Yuba ship it to them for them to assemble it. Just can't wait. Best treat I ever got on Halloween.