mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Integrated headset on carbon mojo

Just noticed the HD has moved to the inset headset compatible with CK's solution and it made me think about the regular mojo...

Has anyone had the aluminum insert replaced on the mojo due to integrated headset issues? Would the insert on the base mojo provide extra protection vs the all carbon headcups on the SL?

www.derbyrims.com
    The IS headsets work perfectly on the Mojo and SL when installed correctly.

The only issue is if they are installed without cleaning thoroughly and then creak.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the response and assurance derby. I've enjoyed your posts as well as your latest picture of a mojo wearing every fender possible...

I'm hoping the move to a mixed tapered inset headset on the HD is just due to stiffness requirements on larger 160mm+ forks and not due to a limitation on integrated headsets.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by beags
    Thanks for the response and assurance derby. I've enjoyed your posts as well as your latest picture of a mojo wearing every fender possible...

I'm hoping the move to a mixed tapered inset headset on the HD is just due to stiffness requirements on larger 160mm+ forks and not due to a limitation on integrated headsets.
    I don't know, maybe the press fit type headsets eliminate the potential for the IS headset dirty install creaking issue.

Press fit requires an expensive or custom "MacGyver" tool only relative experts would use to install the headset. And then would be, I guess, less potential for a sloppy install which could damage the head tube seats, ultimately reducing the potential for "gray area" user error damage vs. idiot proof design defect warranty problems.

Glad you like my fenders, they sure were well used today!