mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Install Procedure for the GnarCore?

how long was it going to be from the time I got the email announcing the gGnarCore to the time I bought the GnarCore?...usually about 20 seconds since it's Ibis goodness...but I'm having a hard time visualizing (probably since I'm sitting at my computer) what's involved with installing the little gizmo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Pretty simple, go here: Support Videos | Support | Ibis Cycles US second video down the first 47 seconds of the video will show you how to take the old one out. Later on in the video is the replacement procedure.
    -Scot

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Is the Gnarcore only for the lower eccentric? ie, only the lower should/needs to be replaced?

I'm also digging the little cable dice. Looks way tidier than zip ties

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Correct, lower eccentric core only.

Quote Originally Posted by mcam View Post
    Is the Gnarcore only for the lower eccentric? ie, only the lower should/needs to be replaced?

I'm also digging the little cable dice. Looks way tidier than zip ties

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Is the cable dice and front derailleur cover standard on the ripleys now? (X01 build)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Those videos are great, thanks Ibis!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carlozzz View Post
    Is the cable dice and front derailleur cover standard on the ripleys now? (X01 build)
    Yes.

H

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wow! very well, and then for those who bought our Ripley three or five months ago ...now we have to spend $ 34.95 per Gnar Core Eccentric and $ 8.95 per Cable Dice , fine... means nothing when I spent 2899 in the frame .....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-G View Post
    Wow! very well, and then for those who bought our Ripley three or five months ago ...now we have to spend $ 34.95 per Gnar Core Eccentric and $ 8.95 per Cable Dice , fine... means nothing when I spent 2899 in the frame .....
    You obviously don't HAVE to spend anything. These are things to address minor issues that customers have raised and to avoid failures due to over tightening; basically to make the bike easier to live with. But the bike works fine without these items. And having seen both in person I'm pretty confident that they're not making any money off sales of either of these items. Personally I think it's pretty awesome that Ibis has gone to the trouble to produce these to address the itty-bitty issues its customers (most of whom, myself included, seem to LOVE the Ripley) have raised.

Sponge Brain
    Mar 2009
    What DrewBird said.

Ibis has shown they are willing to take care of more significant issues at no cost to the customer. Such as the steerer sleeve for the Ripley's internal cable routing.

mtbr member
    Wow! It's like when Infinity came out with dual exhausts on the model year one newer than mine. Only 6 weeks after I bought it! I can't believe that they didn't offer me a free upgrade....means nothing when I spent $38,000 on the car...
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    You should have bought a used BMW M3 for 38 grand, I own a shop you can't beat German build quality. Infinity are building some nice cars though, good strong motors !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    or you could have bought a new boss 302 mustang...best sounding (quad) exhaust on the road and runs circles around an M3...and let's face it, you'd just look way cooler doing it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    You should have bought a used BMW M3 for 38 grand, I own a shop you can't beat German build quality. Infinity are building some nice cars though, good strong motors !!