mtbr member

Input on Vector Coil for HD

Wanted to see if anyone has used the XF Vectoir coil on a HD and had input.

Thanks
    Last edited by hani1; 11-25-2013 at 08:58 AM.

aka dan51
    I have one. It's been my favorite shock on the bike of the 4 shocks I have. Get the hlr model. Other shocks include rp23, RS vivid coil with mx tune from push, vector hlr air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The hd and I didn't get along for the first few months I owned the bike. I tried a monarch plus which made the bike a lot better but I blew 2 of them up and I could never find that happy medium of small bump compliance and big hit performance. Until I tried the vector hlr coil. What a difference, it does everything well. Xc to bike park, it's perfect.

Mtb Guide
    Value for performance cant go wrong.

Only thing missing from XFusion is detailed tuning info and setup recommendations plus a detailed FAQ not just basis ra ra.
    Sexy shock too plus different to everyone else.

Im very happy with my XFusion to date other than support which I have found very disapointing.

DVO coil for Enduro bikes!
    This wont be cheap when its available, being tested now, but what you will get that none of the others provide!! is tuning support setup for every type of bike and style out they're at no extra cost.

I will happily pay extra for that support because I know how much it costs after the fact of purchase, Its across every forum of every model of bike the amount of modification, money spent on Push and other tuning is abysmal, I think DVO will do very well based on what I see already on Emeralds already being purchased.

Dissolved member
    If this thread is turning into a "shock X is a great choice for the HD" exercise, then I have to vouch for Avalanche Suspension and their speed sensitive damper. I run the SSD in a DHX 5 chassis (coil) and it makes the bike so much better than the stock FP23 that it feels like an entirely different frame.
    Craig@Avy will fine tune the shock for your needs so no need to go through troublesome search of settings that work.

www.derbyrims.com
    This summer will be 2 years on my Vector HLR coil. Superb damping and range of adjustments, including bottom-out ramp rate. No sign of needing service yet. I probably should send it in for new seals and inspections of other wear this winter as preventative maintenance.

Very versatile, from street commuting to DH park on my HD and now HDR. Not much heavier if any heavier than most high end air shocks when fitted with a ti coil.
    www.derbyrims.com STRONGER, STIFFER, LIGHTER

29 x 35mm wide
    650b x 40mm wide