mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Industry Nine Wheels to my Mojo

I know many people have started threads regarding I9 wheels. My question is do you guys think the green that Industry nine makes would clash with a Nuclear Pesto frame? I am building my Mojo and am just trying to decide what color wheels to go with. I was pretty set on just an all black I9 wheel but figured maybe I should take the change to get creative. If so I think I'd just do a green hub and black spokes and rims. Any one seen these hubs in green? You think it could work? I'm in Sweden so I don't really have the opportunity to run down to the local LBS and check things out.

mtbr member
    in my opinion, you need to do what YOU want, not what others say.

all the parts for my build should be in by this weekend.

a sneak peek at the wheelset i picked....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Wow those wheels look amazing. They sure make a nice wheel that works as good as they look.

mtbr member
    -I9 AM rims, 26mm wide with spoke eyelets
    -I9 Enduro straight pull hubs, 15mm front and 9mm QR rear, 120 point, 3 degree engagement, 6 pawl mechanism
    -I9 Alloy spokes with integrated nipples
    -Weight 1620g

mtbr member
    Those are sweet! Would be cool to photograph that rig in a pumpkin patch come fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpertCrasher
    Those are sweet! Would be cool to photograph that rig in a pumpkin patch come fall.
    thats a really good idea! wait until you see the complete build (this weekend).

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    What frame and which color are these going on? Maybe an orange mojo? Can't wait to see it. Newly built Ibis's are like art. I got some cool ideas for my ride and can't wait to finish it. I want to ride it so bad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntwood
    What frame and which color are these going on? Maybe an orange mojo? Can't wait to see it. Newly built Ibis's are like art. I got some cool ideas for my ride and can't wait to finish it. I want to ride it so bad.
    matte clear mojo SL. there will be a few other orange bits to match. you'll see!

Stucco Bucket
    I wasnt going to do I9s because of the tubeless thing and the wait. But I ended going that way.
    They are Stans ZTR flow 28mm wide with Enduro hubs. A tick over 1700 grams.

A few more

mtbr member
    Wow, nice RF gear. Loved the cranks and the bars. Those are Next? Nice build all the way. The wheelsets by I9 are always outstanding. Built my own set that came pretty close to I9s in look and spec with Hope hubs, DT comp spokes and ZTR Flows. Does I9 use CK hubs and Wheelsmith spokes?

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    Wow, nice RF gear. Loved the cranks and the bars. Those are Next? Nice build all the way. The wheelsets by I9 are always outstanding. Built my own set that came pretty close to I9s in look and spec with Hope hubs, DT comp spokes and ZTR Flows. Does I9 use CK hubs and Wheelsmith spokes?
    Yes Next SL cranks. I dont know if I9 uses CK hubs, these are definetly not CK though

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntwood
    What frame and which color are these going on? Maybe an orange mojo?
    You mean like this?....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Industry Nine Wheels to my Mojo-cimg0779.jpg  

Industry Nine Wheels to my Mojo-cimg0811.jpg  

Industry Nine Wheels to my Mojo-cimg0820.jpg  

I'm unique, just like everyone else....

The Crow
    I9 is I9. So they use I9 hubs. Wheels and hubs are their business. You have the option of other rims and now you have the option of spokes (other than their alu ones) thanks to their new J-Bend hubs.

I've seen green and red I9's on a green Mojo and I prefered the red. Too much of one color gets a bit too much for me.

Rode an Enduro wheelset (flow rims) on my Mojo and then Mbuzi for quite awhile and they are still in perfect condition. Hubs are still running smootg and fast.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    nice bikes everyone!

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    I wasnt going to do I9s because of the tubeless thing and the wait. But I ended going that way.
    Did you weigh them yourself? I have the same wheelset and have been wondering how much they weigh. My bike is a pig (32lbs) and I'd like to drop some weight, but I can't think of anything I'd be happy replacing.

I have broken a few spokes on mine, and luckily it came with 4 spokes, 2 of each size. I've since ordered enough spares to have 4 of each. Expensive at $8 a piece though.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

Stucco Bucket
    I didnt but there was a picture of the wheels on a hook that was included when I bought them.
    How much do you think yours weigh?
    Your mojo weighs 32lbs ?

aka dan51
    I didnt but there was a picture of the wheels on a hook that was included when I bought them.
    How much do you think yours weigh?
    Your mojo weighs 32lbs ?
    I have no idea how much they weigh, but seeing you post 1700 was lighter than I figured. I've been thinking about getting a scale just to start weighing stuff.

Yup, Mojo weighs 32.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    At 1700g for the I9 with Flows, they are more than a half pound lighter than my custom build at 1950g (already with the 15QR adapter and with Hope skewer in the rear).

Set a top AM spec on my Mojo SL, but as far as I can go, I got it at 27lbs. But got strong components like Thomson seatpost and stem, CB Acid pedals and Elixir CR. Good stuff but not the lightest. And although some may look as light, they aren't, such as the Noir cranks, that weigh 50g more than a XTR (or the same as a XT crankset, which costs half the price).

mtbr member
    the I9's i posted above are only 1620g. not too bad for being so beefy.

oh, they're tubeless now too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

A few more

I sometimes wish I had that color frame. Very nice looking build you got going on. I love the Race Face parts you have. I'm also going to be going with Race Face but rather the new Sixc cranks and bars. I want my bike to take at least a little beating and not just XC. Only about a 100g more in weight then the Next cranks. I've decided that I will go with an all black I9 wheelset. I think this build of mine will turn out ok. I'm very impressed with many of the builds on this Ibis forum. Can't wait to show mine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you have more than one I9 wheels. Now I am a collector. LOL!

NOTE: CERAMIC BEARINGS!

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by darty
    -I9 AM rims, 26mm wide with spoke eyelets
    -I9 Enduro straight pull hubs, 15mm front and 9mm QR rear, 120 point, 3 degree engagement, 6 pawl mechanism
    -I9 Alloy spokes with integrated nipples
    -Weight 1620g
    Yes please.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up