mtbr member

I'd like to thank Roxy for my Mojo...

There has been alot of praise for the Ibis team with regards to the new Mojo. I was just thinking back to last december, to what the exact reason was that I plunked down my deposit. I had just finished upgrading my Rocky Mountain Element T.O. with a Reba, fresh drivetrain, Cloud 9 shock etc, and was perfectly content with the bike.

Then... I bought the MBA with the Mojo smak-dab in the middle of the cover. The moment I laid eyes on it, I decided I needed this bike. I'm a commercial artist, and I really appreciate a good aesthetic design. The Mojo design, with credit to Roxy, is absoloutely stunning. The way the frame flows from headtube to rear dropout, with swooping curves, and integrated suspension, is like nothing else on the scene. Achieving this flow while still incorporating a top notch suspenion design is no small feat. Many good suspenion designs have suffered from being butt-ugly, but Ibis' approach of designing it with both performance and looks in mind has really struck a chord with me. Much like the automotive industry, you need to combine both.

So although I fell in love with the bike based on looks, everything else I found out about it over the following days made the decision easier. Ibis' (and Scot's) reputation, DW link, the weight, the travel, the specs, THE PRICE, all combined to make the purchase a no-brainer. But without Roxy's brilliance, I may never have noticed the bike.

So thanks Roxy, for making the Mojo jump out and say "buy me". I now own the finest mountain bike at any price.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My neighbors are non-biking folk, but they're both graphic designers, and when they saw the Mojo they stopped me to look at the lines. They saw things I didn't (since I'm not even close to artsy or design-minded), and were speaking their own artist speak. The woman neighbor loved, loved the seatpost clamp, and the guy was running his hands around the middle of the frame. And my pops is a machinist and he liked the DW Link area and rear stays.

I tell everyone "it was designed by some artist from the Bay Area"; not sure how correct I am, but it seems to get favorable head nods from those in the loop. I liken it to telling a hippie driving a 1972 VW Bus that I got my "gardening supplies" from Humboldt County....

mtbr member
    Yeah, it sure is a piece of art.

I was browsing the new Ibis website the other day when my friend caught me looking at the Mojo. She has absolutely zero interest in mountain biking so it shocked the hell out of me when she asked me to go back and show her some more pictures. We must have spent over 30 min checking out various pics of the Mojo over which time her eyes were glued to the monitor.

Needless to say, she's just as anxious to see the Mojo in person as I am.

Too Much Fun

Good job! It really is a sick design...

One thing I really enjoy about it is that its really true to carbon as a frame material.

Carbon allows so much freedom in laying out a frame and they definitely left convention behind in all the right ways.

Big ups Chuckie and Kru.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Wink roxy says "thanks"

I'm really, really touched by your excitement and appreciation toward the bike design. Even when the design was almost complete, it was about whittling away extranneous details and keeping the good stuff. I hope you have a great experience riding it and it never sits lonely in your garage!

roxy