Thread: Ibis wheel set

mtbr member

Ibis wheel set

I have a Mojo SL slx build, about a year and a half old. The wheels are the Ibis heavy duty rims. Is it worth it for me to invest in a new tubeless wheel set? Would I drop a lot of weight? I have heard that new lighter weight wheels would be the most effective way to drop some weight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What are Ibis Heavy Duty Rims? Are they the Flows?

IMO, don't invest in a tubeless specific wheelset. Get some Stan's yellow rim tape or Gorilla tape, a couple of valve stems and convert them.

Unless you are saying that you have some 2500g wheelset already. Then yes, investing in somehting around the 1700g mark will make one hell of a difference.

mtbr member
    On the rim it says "Ibis heavy duty" 480. How hard to convert to tubeless?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilerz View Post
    I have a Mojo SL slx build, about a year and a half old. The wheels are the Ibis heavy duty rims. Is it worth it for me to invest in a new tubeless wheel set? Would I drop a lot of weight? I have heard that new lighter weight wheels would be the most effective way to drop some weight.
    Yes, yes, and yes. Nice wheels are the Best upgrade money can buy imo (seat dropper is close second), and would go tubeless for sure.