mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Ibis Tranny E.13 XCX BB Guide Installation Help

Hey guys!

I just picked up a second hand Tranny frame that I want to run as a 1x9 setup. I have an E.13 XCX BB Mount single ring guide that I'm trying to install onto it. I feel like I've tried every combination with spacer, bb, guide combination, and I'm getting issues of either the crank arms (where the inside chainring bolts to) rubbing the guide plate, the cranks being too slow to rotate, or there being play in the crank arm spacing.

For reference, its a Sram GXP BB (brand new), Truvativ Noir crank, and a Truvativ 32T ring. I have the 3 spacers included with the XCX, and the 2 spacers included with the Sram BB. Do I drop trying to mount it and go with the XCX ST? Or has anybody tried this and made it work? This might be incentive for me to just go single speed...

I also tried installing the BB with just one spacer on the driveside, and no spacer on the nondriveside (73mm BB setup), and the cranks still seem to have play on them. What am I doing wrong?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Dropshot Champ!
    the noir crank is just tricky to get the play out of. Sometimes I have to really crank it down, like double the torque needed. Without seeing it though, I wouldn't just start torquing **** down.

FWIW, the xcx st allows for ALOT more chainline correction vs the BB mount version. It's just as light too.