Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Ibis Site Updated...

I just up'ed the a new, preview, page for return of Ibis if anyone is interested... you''ll probably be getting an email soon about it:
    http://www.underoldmanagement.com

EDIT!
    sorry just moved it to:
    http://ibisbicycles.com
    Last edited by usr666; 08-18-2005 at 11:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by usr666
    I just up'ed the a new, preview, page for return of Ibis if anyone is interested... you''ll probably be getting an email soon about it:
    http://www.underoldmanagement.com

EDIT!
    sorry just moved it to:
    http://ibisbicycles.com

Hmmm. Carbon and suspension.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Ibis Update

A 29er ripley with an ebb would be the killer Ibis opener to get folks interested...imho

mtbr member
    Nice front page.
    Looks like some good folk on board.
    We're trying to wait patiently (;
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

~~~~~~~~
    man, that's one messed up web page, in a good way of course.

glad you guys keep getting weirder!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Ungh. I saw it too, under the logo. There better be some steel coming out of this new Ibis thing or I'll be pissed.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AteMrYeats
    Ungh. I saw it too, under the logo. There better be some steel coming out of this new Ibis thing or I'll be pissed.
    Ibis was cutting edge back then. Why not continue to push the envelope?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

expect to see..

a lot of Carbon and Titanium.

less of the old and way more of the new.

that's the word.

all for now
    nate
    "believe what you ride, not what you read" 94 WTB catalog

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    well said.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    The Mojo was steel or ti. That's all I want: another Mojo. I'm not sure if this stuff is going to be made in the US, and even if it were I don't know if a US made steel frame has much of a market unless it can compete at the Taiwanese-made price point. Lots of companies have proven that steel bikes of all kinds--SS, geared, 29er--made in Taiwan are in sufficient demand. Maybe a US built Mojo couldn't compete with, say, a Voodoo or the like. I would love to see it, though. And where exactly did I say that I think Ibis should stick only to what they did before? Just because I want something in particular doesn't mean I don't want something new or "cutting edge?" That doesn't mean I give a crap either. I want a US made, steel and/or ti Mojo! Let the others have their carbon full suspension bikes. Hey, and while we're at it, make a Mojo 29er. Now that's cutting edge.

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    ... and even if it were I don't know if a US made steel frame has much of a market unless it can compete at the Taiwanese-made price point...
    People are still popping for high dollar steel frames. IF and Seven are doing the "custom production" variety and you've got multiple dozens of choices from smaller builders who'll do lugged and brazed, fillet brazed or TIG'd if you want it.

I'm sure there are plenty of thirtysomethings who fell in love with Ibis in the 80's and 90's, except now they're lawyers, financiers or whatever and now have the expendable cash to buy what they once had, or never could afford to buy. Add that to what's likely to be a somewhat innovative company with some style and I think we'll see'll Ibis sport some moderate success.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    The Mojo was steel or ti. That's all I want: another Mojo.
    Gitcher Mojo
    here or here or better yet get a custom here

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey Santa,

all I want is a new ti road bike please (yes I know I'm a sad roadie), one that rides as well as the Ibis ti mountain bikes (yes I'm a mtb-r at heart) I own... hey do they want a UK importer... now that would be cool!

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by cursivearmy
    a lot of Carbon and Titanium.

less of the old and way more of the new.

that's the word.

all for now
    nate
    as in... ultra expensive? for the golf and jet set crew only? no thanks..there's seven already.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    as in... ultra expensive? for the golf and jet set crew only? no thanks..there's seven already.

it would be really cool if they did a steel 29" frame or just some steel in general, but i don't see it happening.

they're definetly going for the ultra expensive high end market.

nate

rider
    Hmmm, I wonder if it's time to sell my Ripley. I'm sure the value will drop if it's re-introduced. Then again, Castellano has it out.

ti_pin_man - I grabbed up a Sonoma Ti a few years ago. That would be a nice bike to see again!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    Seven has nothing on Ibis as far as ti is concerned. Need I mention the Bow Ti? It's a relic, I know, but the idiots at Seven couln't have designed that thing in a million years. If Steve Potts is going to be welding a Castellano designed Ibis 29er softail for less money, I'm in, especially if it's steel. There's no way I can afford the ti version. Ibis has style that Seven can never have, no matter how much they charge for a custom frame. Damn, this is exciting.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    What the HECK is that hairy skin photo under Scot's section?
    ha, when I got the pict I showed it to the wife and she (and I) wondered the same thing, but alas it is his knee, hope I don't get in trouble with the kids at ibis...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Seven has nothing on Ibis as far as ti is concerned. Need I mention the Bow Ti? It's a relic, I know, but the idiots at Seven couln't have designed that thing in a million years. If Steve Potts is going to be welding a Castellano designed Ibis 29er softail for less money, I'm in, especially if it's steel. There's no way I can afford the ti version. Ibis has style that Seven can never have, no matter how much they charge for a custom frame. Damn, this is exciting.

those seven fellars are good, but i definetly would agree, no style.

ibis friggin ripped, and will again.

want steel, plenty of *****en builders still doing steel.

oh yeah, and double butted ti? ibis definetly had the heads up on that too, 95 ti mojo, nuff said.

think progressive, the returned Ibis will be rad, the new additions to the website is proof.

so i'll say it, What the HECK is that hairy skin photo under Scot's section?

see, style, funk, funky, and super swank, Ibis exudes it.

gotta split to drink more beer, gotta race tomorrow.

all for now
    nate

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Suspension looks like some kind of s-path suspension linkage.....seems logical.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    What the HECK is that hairy skin photo under Scot's section?
    My guess is the skin between the back of the knees, but I could be wrong.

artistic...
    those seven fellars are good, but i definetly would agree, no style.

ibis friggin ripped, and will again.

want steel, plenty of *****en builders still doing steel.

oh yeah, and double butted ti? ibis definetly had the heads up on that too, 95 ti mojo, nuff said.

think progressive, the returned Ibis will be rad, the new additions to the website is proof.

so i'll say it, What the HECK is that hairy skin photo under Scot's section?

see, style, funk, funky, and super swank, Ibis exudes it.

gotta split to drink more beer, gotta race tomorrow.

all for now
    nate
    back in 2000, a mojo would cost $800 while IFs and Fats were in the $1100 side of the game. walt will tig a 29er frame for $750, custom, including his fit proccess. i don't see any reason why an ibis mojo couldn't sell for $800 again. the ripley already had some mods ot the traditional ibis geom. meaning slightly longer top tube and wheelbase. a new stell mojo w/ new geom. would rock.
    if anyone wants to pay $2500/ $3000 on a mtn bike frame, fine.. i won't. style is NOT necessarily expensive. an old frame w/ horiz drop outs converted to a fixte has tons of style more than ANY $3000 plus bike. surlys have style. weld the mojo in taiwan! whta's the big deal?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    style is NOT necessarily expensive. an old frame w/ horiz drop outs converted to a fixte has tons of style more than ANY $3000 plus bike. surlys have style. weld the mojo in taiwan! whta's the big deal?[/QUOTE]

heck yeah surly's have style, plenty, and they ride great, your right, style need not, and most times for sure, doensn't have to cost an arm and a leg. but this thread is about ibis.

my steel mojo in 96 was $650 employee cost, so i don't remember them being $800, maybe after scot sold the company.

anyhow, cool bikes for sure.

all for now
    nate

artistic...
    style is NOT necessarily expensive. an old frame w/ horiz drop outs converted to a fixte has tons of style more than ANY $3000 plus bike. surlys have style. weld the mojo in taiwan! whta's the big deal?

heck yeah surly's have style, plenty, and they ride great, your right, style need not, and most times for sure, doensn't have to cost an arm and a leg. but this thread is about ibis.

my steel mojo in 96 was $650 employee cost, so i don't remember them being $800, maybe after scot sold the company.

anyhow, cool bikes for sure.

all for now
    nate[/QUOTE]

in 97 they were close to $1050. prestige moron tubing and one color imron painting. in 2000, they were 795.. 2001, slightly more. i remeber writing in a MTBR thread they were a bargain when compared to IFs price.
    my point is: if ibis manages to ressurect the mojo, their singlespeed(the firts to come w/ an EBB) and a possible mojo 29er on a $800 tag.. it would be a hit!

mtbr member
    A Mojo 29er is all I need. They would fly off the shelves.

The Mojo was steel or ti. That's all I want: another Mojo. I'm not sure if this stuff is going to be made in the US, and even if it were I don't know if a US made steel frame has much of a market unless it can compete at the Taiwanese-made price point. Lots of companies have proven that steel bikes of all kinds--SS, geared, 29er--made in Taiwan are in sufficient demand. Maybe a US built Mojo couldn't compete with, say, a Voodoo or the like. I would love to see it, though. And where exactly did I say that I think Ibis should stick only to what they did before? Just because I want something in particular doesn't mean I don't want something new or "cutting edge?" That doesn't mean I give a crap either. I want a US made, steel and/or ti Mojo! Let the others have their carbon full suspension bikes. Hey, and while we're at it, make a Mojo 29er. Now that's cutting edge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast