mtbr member

... and if we just ... Ibis Silk Ti with Disc Tabs

I just sent my Ibis Silk Ti to John Castellano to add disc tabs. I just got thet bike back and it is awesome . John and folks did an excellent job. John also cleaned up the Ti on the frame and shined the Ibis logo - this reflects on his dedication to his customers. I love the silk ti ride and now with disc brakes it is so much fun. John is making Ti versions now of the fango/ripley, which I highly recommend to anyone who can afford it.

Attached are pictures, though they do not do the frame or the disc tabs justice.

It is also cool to hear this week that Ibis is coming back - awesome!!!!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

WoW... That looks like Fun to Ride!

The disk tab looks very sleek too,

I've always wanted a silk ti, I have only gotten a chance to demo one, but from what I can tell, it is pretty much one of the best bikes ever designed

mtbr member
    Killer ride. I have been looking for a 20-21" for years, and have yet to come across one. All I ever see used are 18" frames.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk
    Killer ride. I have been looking for a 20-21" for years, and have yet to come across one. All I ever see used are 18" frames.
    i rode a xl ibis ripley (the al version of the silk ti, with abit less travel) and it was one sweet bike.

i also looked or a xl silk ti, but never found one. supposedly, ibis made larges, they never made xl silk ti frames. though, you can get one now thru castellano for $3500!!!

mtbr member
    $3,500! Bummer. I could stomach $2,500, but $3,500 most likely not.

Does anyone know the top tube lenght of the large frames? I am guessing they were 23.5"

mtbr member

Check Castellano's website

Hey

Check www.castellanodesigns.com .... I believe the fango/ripley/silk ti are all the same geometric size. In general the sizes are larger than most manufactory estimates.
    I actually ride a small which has 22.75 tt. It seems like you would want a medium which has 23.5 inch toptube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude!
    Hey

Check www.castellanodesigns.com .... I believe the fango/ripley/silk ti are all the same geometric size. In general the sizes are larger than most manufactory estimates.
    I actually ride a small which has 22.75 tt. It seems like you would want a medium which has 23.5 inch toptube.
    I believe the Ti bikes are CUSTOM and being welded by a famous welder whose name I honestly cannot remember right now. I don't think it's Potts but that name is the only name I can think of right now. I also can't believe they haven't updated the website with the custom order option for the ti bikes yet.

How much was it to add the disk tab?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    I believe the Ti bikes are CUSTOM and being welded by a famous welder whose name I honestly cannot remember right now. I don't think it's Potts but that name is the only name I can think of right now. I also can't believe they haven't updated the website with the custom order option for the ti bikes yet.

How much was it to add the disk tab?

- It IS Steve Potts. The Man......The Myth..........The Legend.