Thread: Ibis Scorcher

Medium?

Ibis Scorcher

How much would you pay? The one I'm looking at doesn't have the original bars or stem.

mtbr member

That particular one was on sale on FGG

a while back. IIRC, he was asking over $2K.

SF Craiglist had one listed last year in San Jose. Was asking $750. Suffice to say I never got a reply to my email asking about it. Either it was a typo, or someone was WAY faster than me.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    How much would you pay? The one I'm looking at doesn't have the original bars or stem.

Obviously you found the 63xc.com story on the Scorcher so you know there are only 100 (maybe 101) out there and they retailed for $1000 (I think). I don't see any de-valuation on the bike at all, but see it increasing in value. A price - can't say, but it would come down to how much it is worth to you. Remember, there's only 100 of them.

FWIW, I have an original Ibis Scorcher bar - but I'm using it on my own home made Scorcher.

jra
    To give you a range of what they've gone for recently, a friend of mine scored a complete one last summer for $650 in cherry condition (no kidding - no scratches at all). He's now selling it (in installments) to a guy that welded them back-in-the-day for double his purchase price and change. Scott (Chuck Ibis) Nicol sold his on some big auction site for over $2K in less than primo condition a few months back.

They look cool (for a tigged bike) but ride pretty whack with the old school style bars, and that's pretty much what makes them really unique IMHO. Good luck and have fun with it!

Bikes not Bombs.....

There is one on Craig's list SF right now for $1200

I have seen them go right at the $1000 mark here in the Bay area. The bars are a Torrington design and the boys at Sycip make one that is pretty close.

Nice bike, now that they are gone, where are you going to find another.....and how often does one come up in your size????

Best o' luck, let us know if you pick it up.

Here is the link is case someone wanted to check it out, not mine, not associated with the buyer, just helping out.

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/65160732.html

JS
    Last edited by SS Jerry; 03-24-2005 at 01:13 AM. Reason: found the link....
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

an eagle in your mind
    Aug 2004

how much would I pay? i dont value their uniqueness and what-not... no more than 500$ complete.. but that's me. i'd rather have a new custom bike...

but the ibis silk Ti... that i'd drop MAJOR cash on... such beauties

and whatever this guy is... just drop dead gorgeous

living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun -bill woods

Medium?

I'm gonna pass

but not because it wasn't a nice bike. The frame and fork were nearly perfect other than a few easily-removable stickers.

Since it didn't have original parts (saddle, stem, bars), it was basically just a frame and fork. The rims, tires and crank were probably original too. I don't have the time, right now, to deal with restoring it like I'd want to.

mtbr member
    I have a Scorcher that's about 80 % original that may need a good home. It's missing a chain and rear wheel (long story, it was like that when I got it). It's a classic bike, I love looking at it but a) it's too small for me, b) I'm afraid to lock it up so that's why I have now built up a Surly Steamroller, c) it may be available for a trade - S.F. Bay Area, only if there's a good offer.
    The bike is super clean, low mileage (maybe about six rides in it's entire life).

mtbr member
    pics?

mtbr member
    I'll see what I can do