mtbr member
    Nov 2005

IBIS Mojo or Yeti AS-R SLC

Weird comparison I know but the deal is I'm replacing my old fulls. I have a Ventana El Ciclon on it's way to me this is a 5" travel frame.
    I do cross country I ride pretty aggressive but good on my equipment. I do some races mostly trail riding but like a quick bike that climbs well and to be fairly light. Handling is key.
    The Mojo seems to fit some of the traits that I'm looking for in a slightly heavier frame and more travel.
    Some people say that I will have two bikes that are similar so go with the Yeti.

Thanks.....
    Last edited by stevelei; 02-07-2007 at 06:31 AM.

www.derbyrims.com
    The ASR is a great XC racer and light trail bike.

The Mojo bob's about the same (very little) as the ASR, seated and standing with propedal set the same on both bikes.

The AR is set for shorter fork travel and quicker steering. Although the Mojo is not slow handling at all.

The Mojo's front end is a bit tall and slack angled for XC sprint racing. I guess you could use 120 mm 15 degree stem upside down and flat bars to lower the bars to the ASR XC racer bar height. A shorter fork gets into pedal clearance problems.

If you got a Mojo, you probably won't ever ride the El Ciclon.

Just rambling...