mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Ibis Mojo vs. Moots Cinco

Ultimate All Mountain battle. I am 5'10", 140 and am a very technically sound and aggressive rider who needs an all mountain bike. Cost is not prohibitive.

This could come down to a titanium vs. carbon battle, but I really need some rider input on these two bikes. Thanks.

Welcome Turner Homers!

The Moots has a Ventana rear end....

...With the double bearings, there's nothing pound for pound as laterally stiff as this design. This might seem like less of a concern for featherweights like you and me (I weigh about 160 right now) but it isn't -- especially if you ride alot of off-camber rooty and rocky trails like I do here in Va.

I have never ridden the Moots rendering, but if you're looking for the ultimate all-mountain ride, check out a Saltamontes with a 5" rocker. The aluminum front end is bound to be stiffer than the ti version from Moots.

You can build a Salty to 25 lbs or less with a fairly serious cash outlay (think 5-6 grand).

Quote Originally Posted by freeskisquaw
    Ultimate All Mountain battle. I am 5'10", 140 and am a very technically sound and aggressive rider who needs an all mountain bike. Cost is not prohibitive.

This could come down to a titanium vs. carbon battle, but I really need some rider input on these two bikes. Thanks.
    Ask me about my translucent green clearcoat!

www.derbyrims.com

Mojo ride review

Quote Originally Posted by freeskisquaw

See:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...45204#poststop

I'm a heavier rider, near 200 lbs (long torso, short legs for 6'1, not born to climb), bob and pedaling efficency are more exajurated for me than most. The low monopivots just are too mushy and handle poorly without over firm shocks for me. At your weight the difference wouldn't be so acute.

I'm not a big fan of CF bikes, I prefer simple tubes, shaped metal, and triangles, but Ibis really did it right with the Mojo.