mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Ibis Mojo Test in MBA

A lot of people (including me!!) have been waiting to hear some riding impressions of the new Mojo Carbon. Riding impressions other than our own that is.

I just received my electronic copy (zinio.com) of the July MBA, and there's a nice Mojo test in there by Richard Cunningham. The print version should be out soon.

It's a great test, and we've posted a little blurb on our site, along with a pdf of the whole test.

One of the interesting things Richard said was that he expected the bike to be more expensive than it was. It's interesting because he thought the bike was a good value, and he had the price wrong by $1100 too much! When you read the article, the high end SL build is $4399, not the $5500 that Richard quoted.

To see the pictures and a little blurb, go here:
    http://www.chuckibis.com/chuck_spew/?p=44

The whole pdf can be downloaded here, but be careful, it's 4 megs.
    http://www.chuckibis.com/chuck_spew/?p=45

enjoy,
    scot

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Nicol
    enjoy,
    scot
    Looks like it will be the best mountain bike ever!

- ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It looks fantastic, good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    that is a damn nice looking bike.

mtbr member
    Great job Scot, Congrats! Will all the framesets be shipped with the RP23 shock?

Mark

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes, the RP23 unless you order it with a DHX Air.

mtbr member
    Thanks Scot, now the tough question... when will they start shipping? (How many times have you heard this question lately?) Any update?

A Real Winner.
    They are sweet looking! I used to have a hamster I named Ibis. Sadly, Ibis passed away about 9 years ago. It's good to see the bike company back though! When will these be available? Any chance of the Mojo making a comback?
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

Samsonite Tester
    The VPP gamble with a scientist and a computer looks like it will pay off .

I would like to see , bikes in steel and Ti , for road and mountain , come as soon as profits do.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Unchained Freewheel
    Ever since the Bow Ti I have been smitten with Ibis,this looks to be another homerun.Good luck Scot.
    The Trail Never Ends.

mtbr member
    Scot:

I imagine you are quite busy these days but we would still like to get some of yuor thoughts in the June or July issue of Mountain Bike Tales. Drop a line if you get a moment.

Blend3Production@aol.com
    Mountain Bike Tales
    Digital Mountain Bike Magazine

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyisdope
    They are sweet looking! I used to have a hamster I named Ibis. Sadly, Ibis passed away about 9 years ago. It's good to see the bike company back though! When will these be available? Any chance of the Mojo making a comback?
    My college GF and I had a chocolate lab named Ibis. Still alive, and living in Japan. Ibis the company made her (the puppy, not my GF) a collar out of recycled inner tubes with the shraeder valves sticking out like spikes!!! Sent a bunch of schwag, too. No wonder I purchased a Silk Ti and Mojo afterward. Sold them. Like the GF and her cool dog, I should've kept them around a lot longer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Nicol
    A lot of people (including me!!) have been waiting to hear some riding impressions of the new Mojo Carbon. Riding impressions other than our own that is.

I just received my electronic copy (zinio.com) of the July MBA, and there's a nice Mojo test in there by Richard Cunningham. The print version should be out soon.

It's a great test, and we've posted a little blurb on our site, along with a pdf of the whole test.

One of the interesting things Richard said was that he expected the bike to be more expensive than it was. It's interesting because he thought the bike was a good value, and he had the price wrong by $1100 too much! When you read the article, the high end SL build is $4399, not the $5500 that Richard quoted.
    enjoy,
    scot
    Congratulations!
    I try to keep a frame for at least 5-7 year but in front of this beauty I am afraid my current bike will have to enter early retirement : beautiful job something to be very proud of
    Last edited by Davide; 05-29-2006 at 11:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Like the GF and her cool dog, I should've kept them around a lot longer.
    Maybe just the dog?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Elvis
    Maybe just the dog?
    I'd like to say "yes," but the girl was a keeper. Family LOVED her, friends adored her, she did everything I liked to do yet had her own life. And to put icing on the cake, her family was wildly wealthy who acted like average everyday people do: BBQ's, didn't drive expensive cars, and on and on and on. Did I mention she raced bikes?? Yep. Keeper.