mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Ibis Mojo for a big dude?

I weigh 215 lbs at 5'11" and I like the new mojo carbon frame. I ride mostly cross country, some rooty tech trails with some small log jumps and never more than a foot drop off. What do you think.Should I go for it?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    This thread has a similar question with links to answers.

Carbon Mojo for 250 pounder?

www.derbyrims.com
    Sure. Probably a large rather than medium size if between sizes, for the longer wheel base and less brake dive without needing a very firm fork.

If you like the finest quality high tech machinery that can take the beating instead of you, it's the right bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Refer to #2

As posted in #2 which points to this link - updated: Carbon Mojo for 250 pounder?

Perhaps I should have started the thread here so I'd quicker response from Ibis. Oh well, maybe next time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Go with the large frame.

I am 5'10" and approximately 25-30 lbs lighter. My Mojo is built on the mdium frame and in my opinion anyone who is even just one inch taller and a couple of pounds heavier will be a lot happier on a large Mojo.

mtbr member
    Hmm, I'm 5'11" with a 32 inseam and was told by Ibis that I was a medium. I demo'ed a medium Ibis and the shop told me that the sizing looked good if the stem was 10mm longer (it was a 100mm on the demo bike).

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Just do it!

I weigh 220 and am 6' tall with a 32" inseam. I bought a Large frame Mojo and so far I'm totally pleased with it. I am also a XC rider, and don't do jumps, etc. because at 60 years old, I don't enjoy how long it takes to recover from injuries.

I've owned several bikes in both Medium and Large sizes, and have always been more comfortable on the larger frames. I know this is a personal thing, and I would recommend that you find an Ibis dealer that has bikes in both sizes that they will let you test ride. Ibis has made rental bikes available to their dealers just for the purpose of ensuring you get the bike that is best for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm about the same height and weight as you and ride pretty much everything. Had a few spills and endo's so far w/ only minor scractes w/ I already touched up. No concerns anymore. I've done 3ft drops, rocks, roots, wicked steep stairs, 45 deg downhills. Of course at my turtle pace, But the bike hasn't missed a beat. I wish I could only climb as well as the bike does.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm about the same height and weight as you and ride pretty much everything. Had a few spills and endo's so far w/ only minor scractes w/ I already touched up. No concerns anymore. I've done 3ft drops, rocks, roots, wicked steep stairs, 45 deg downhills. Of course at my turtle pace, But the bike hasn't missed a beat. I wish I could only climb as well as the bike does.