mtbr member

Ibis Mojo, 2006 5.5" of travel

Anyone have any ride reports on this bike?

mtbr member
    Not yet, but we will be interviewing Ibis about the bike in the June issue of Mountain Bike Tales
    Mountain Bike Tales
    Digital Mountain Bike Magazine

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    Anyone have any ride reports on this bike?
    2 prototypes exist in the US so far. I saw it at Sea Otter. Pic attached is Scot Nicol and Tom and his wife (the Ibis investors). Scot says it will arrive in shops in late May. It's beautiful, better than any pictures show. Mercedes quality finish work on links, custom seat collar. Plenty of room for 2.5 tires. I picked up the bike and it is light (5.5 pound frame w/ RP3). The Geometry is spot on for 5.5 inch travel at 73/69.

- ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Recreational Terrorist
    Looks nice, but will a carbon fiber FS stand up to crashing, rocks, etc?

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTreeHugger
    Looks nice, but will a carbon fiber FS stand up to crashing, rocks, etc?
    That would keep me from buying one. My Tracer's seat stays have scrape marks from crashing in the rocks. I could only imagine what it would do to carbon fiber. I did see some stainless steel chain stay protectors on one forum(I think it was Yeti). Maybe some lizard skin protectors on the stays? I thought I read you have to replace the whole linkage to replace the bearings. Is the DW linkage hard on bearings like VPP?
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    That bike makes me want to puke! It does not deserve to be called a Mojo. Ibis sold out. Just another cookie cutter frame that probably cost about $80 per unit to make.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInLeeds
    That bike makes me want to puke! It does not deserve to be called a Mojo. Ibis sold out. Just another cookie cutter frame that probably cost about $80 per unit to make.
    Whatever. I'll take one!

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    That would keep me from buying one. My Tracer's seat stays have scrape marks from crashing in the rocks. I could only imagine what it would do to carbon fiber. I did see some stainless steel chain stay protectors on one forum(I think it was Yeti). Maybe some lizard skin protectors on the stays? I thought I read you have to replace the whole linkage to replace the bearings. Is the DW linkage hard on bearings like VPP?
    SN showed me that the bearings are pressed into the short links and can be replaced without pressing in and out of frame pieces. On DW-Links the bearings used are bigger than VPP. The near BB bearings typicaly wear the quickest on suspension bikes. The IH DW linkers have no rapid bearing wear problems reported on the IH forum.

- ray

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInLeeds
    Chris, give me a huge, massive break. This is the least cookie cutter bike we've ever done, EVER. How can an investment of 1700 hours on the cad machine be cookie cutter?

Please show me where we can build one for $80.

Scot

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well, prob. a dead thread but having ridden MTBs since the first production run of the stumpjumper this is the most elegantly designed and efficient MTB I've ever run across.
    Nice work Scott & the Ibis design team.