Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joeboater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    476

    Ibis Mojo, 2006 5.5" of travel

    Anyone have any ride reports on this bike?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blendthree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    148
    Not yet, but we will be interviewing Ibis about the bike in the June issue of Mountain Bike Tales
    Mountain Bike Tales
    Digital Mountain Bike Magazine

  3. #3
    www.derbyrims.com
    Reputation: derby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    Anyone have any ride reports on this bike?
    2 prototypes exist in the US so far. I saw it at Sea Otter. Pic attached is Scot Nicol and Tom and his wife (the Ibis investors). Scot says it will arrive in shops in late May. It's beautiful, better than any pictures show. Mercedes quality finish work on links, custom seat collar. Plenty of room for 2.5 tires. I picked up the bike and it is light (5.5 pound frame w/ RP3). The Geometry is spot on for 5.5 inch travel at 73/69.



    - ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Recreational Terrorist
    Reputation: SCTreeHugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    383
    Looks nice, but will a carbon fiber FS stand up to crashing, rocks, etc?

  5. #5
    Trail Rider
    Reputation: Quattro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTreeHugger
    Looks nice, but will a carbon fiber FS stand up to crashing, rocks, etc?
    That would keep me from buying one. My Tracer's seat stays have scrape marks from crashing in the rocks. I could only imagine what it would do to carbon fiber. I did see some stainless steel chain stay protectors on one forum(I think it was Yeti). Maybe some lizard skin protectors on the stays? I thought I read you have to replace the whole linkage to replace the bearings. Is the DW linkage hard on bearings like VPP?
    [size=4]Don[/size]

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    42
    That bike makes me want to puke! It does not deserve to be called a Mojo. Ibis sold out. Just another cookie cutter frame that probably cost about $80 per unit to make.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OregonXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInLeeds
    That bike makes me want to puke! It does not deserve to be called a Mojo. Ibis sold out. Just another cookie cutter frame that probably cost about $80 per unit to make.
    Whatever. I'll take one!

  8. #8
    www.derbyrims.com
    Reputation: derby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    That would keep me from buying one. My Tracer's seat stays have scrape marks from crashing in the rocks. I could only imagine what it would do to carbon fiber. I did see some stainless steel chain stay protectors on one forum(I think it was Yeti). Maybe some lizard skin protectors on the stays? I thought I read you have to replace the whole linkage to replace the bearings. Is the DW linkage hard on bearings like VPP?
    SN showed me that the bearings are pressed into the short links and can be replaced without pressing in and out of frame pieces. On DW-Links the bearings used are bigger than VPP. The near BB bearings typicaly wear the quickest on suspension bikes. The IH DW linkers have no rapid bearing wear problems reported on the IH forum.

    - ray

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInLeeds
    That bike makes me want to puke! It does not deserve to be called a Mojo. Ibis sold out. Just another cookie cutter frame that probably cost about $80 per unit to make.
    Chris, give me a huge, massive break. This is the least cookie cutter bike we've ever done, EVER. How can an investment of 1700 hours on the cad machine be cookie cutter?

    Please show me where we can build one for $80.

    Scot

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    91
    Well, prob. a dead thread but having ridden MTBs since the first production run of the stumpjumper this is the most elegantly designed and efficient MTB I've ever run across.
    Nice work Scott & the Ibis design team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •