mtbr member

Ibis at MBO - outstanding customer service as usual

I was at mountain bike Oregon this past weekend (absolutely awesome) and there were demos from about 8 different bike manufacturers. Having a Mojo HD I spoke with many of the people who were on a demo. All loved the bikes, but also commented that the people working for Ibis were by far the most helpful answering questions, and carefully setting up their bikes. They said the other manufacturers just wanted to get the bikes out. I spoke to three people who said Ibis was there next bike. I love my bike, and like knowing I am supporting such a good company.

Tree Hugger
    I will Second that emotion. I had a blast riding Ibis demo bikes, and the Ibis rep was very helpful and friendly with tons of good info to share. I rode an HD on Friday, and went home with a permagrin from slaying over 10K of downhill. On Saturday, I rode a Tranny and while I enjoyed the ride, it made me appreciate the HD even more. I am still debating whether to pull the trigger on the HD, or go with the SL-R which may be more suitable for alot of the riding around Oakridge and the surrounding high Country.

Thanks Ibis!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    I'm going to MBO in August and hoping that I can get on a Mojo HD at some point there. It's my first time going to MBO...have any advice on which trails to hit?
    "Got everything you need?"

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I will Second that emotion. I had a blast riding Ibis demo bikes, and the Ibis rep was very helpful and friendly with tons of good info to share. I rode an HD on Friday, and went home with a permagrin from slaying over 10K of downhill. On Saturday, I rode a Tranny and while I enjoyed the ride, it made me appreciate the HD even more. I am still debating whether to pull the trigger on the HD, or go with the SL-R which may be more suitable for alot of the riding around Oakridge and the surrounding high Country.

Thanks Ibis!
    SL-R would be my choice. I've ridden both my Mojo C and HD160 there, and the HD was overkill IMO. Unless MBO is hiding all the fun gnarly stuff from us non-locals...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    I'm going to MBO in August and hoping that I can get on a Mojo HD at some point there. It's my first time going to MBO...have any advice on which trails to hit?
    Alpine+Tire Mountain on Friday

Bunchgrass on Saturday (also a big ride. some hard as f$*k switchbacks on it)

Lawler/Hardesty on Sunday (I think only one of the two trails is offered on Sunday though)

Salmon creek is fun and can be ridden from camp. Do this on an evening if you have free time, or get there early Thursday and do it then.

Larison rock is fun, and shuttles usually run all day long, so do it in an evening if you have time.

Pretty much cannot go wrong with any of them.
    The Trails | Mountain Bike Oregon

Wish I was going this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    I agree that SL-R is probably more than enough for Oregon, My HD was great there also.
    I liked what I did there, Top of the middle fork Friday ( if they give you the option to climb to the lake do it, coming down is awsome). This is truly an all day epic with lots of stream crossings.
    Saturday I did Lawler/Hardesty and then three runs on Larison rock awesome downhill day. Sunday I did Alpine which is a must do, not to much climbing but incredible views and fast swooping singletrack.
    Next year I want to do the ATC which is alpine +tire + C something. Bunchgrass is a huge epic that I may try if I have better legs next year, same with ATW. Can't comment

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Thanks Ibis!
    +2!

I found IBIS custy care and bikes to be the best of the lot at MBO this past weekend as well. Kirk was the man who dialed me in a HD for Sat night and all day Sunday as I was unexpectedly bike-less following Sat's ride (failed frame). He even let me swap parts off my bike for better fit and feel on the stock HD demo.

The HD is more than likely a bit overkill for Oaktown rides, think SL-R would be on the money there, but I had a blast with it on the "ATC" ride yesterday before heading home. I am not the fastest of climbers by any means and was able to stay in the first group (front 5 of about 50 riders) the whole time and slayed it well in front of my group for all the descents thanks to the HD. Such a fun and playful bike to ride while still being very agile and responsive with "sports car-like" handling and precision. I even called a LBS today to see check on availability as I wait for verdict with my Yeti frame replacement. LBS (FTF) said they could get me an HD frame of choice within 2-days....quite tempting.

Oh BTW, thanks for leading/organizing the rides all weekend long 'Squatch. Much appreciated as I could see it can be difficult to get such large group of riders of varying abilities down the hill in a safe and fun way!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    I agree that SL-R is probably more than enough for Oregon, My HD was great there also.
    I liked what I did there, Top of the middle fork Friday ( if they give you the option to climb to the lake do it, coming down is awsome). This is truly an all day epic with lots of stream crossings.
    Saturday I did Lawler/Hardesty and then three runs on Larison rock awesome downhill day. Sunday I did Alpine which is a must do, not to much climbing but incredible views and fast swooping singletrack.
    Next year I want to do the ATC which is alpine +tire + C something. Bunchgrass is a huge epic that I may try if I have better legs next year, same with ATW. Can't comment
    Cool, thanks for the info! I'll be bringing my new Blur with the 150mm fork, so maybe I'll pick something a little shorter travel to demo. Sounds like most of the trails there are not too rough/rocky?
    "Got everything you need?"

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    +2!

I found IBIS custy care and bikes to be the best of the lot at MBO this past weekend as well. Kirk was the man who dialed me in a HD for Sat night and all day Sunday as I was unexpectedly bike-less following Sat's ride (failed frame). He even let me swap parts off my bike for better fit and feel on the stock HD demo.

The HD is more than likely a bit overkill for Oaktown rides, think SL-R would be on the money there, but I had a blast with it on the "ATC" ride yesterday before heading home. I am not the fastest of climbers by any means and was able to stay in the first group (front 5 of about 50 riders) the whole time and slayed it well in front of my group for all the descents thanks to the HD. Such a fun and playful bike to ride while still being very agile and responsive with "sports car-like" handling and precision. I even called a LBS today to see check on availability as I wait for verdict with my Yeti frame replacement. LBS (FTF) said they could get me an HD frame of choice within 2-days....quite tempting.

Oh BTW, thanks for leading/organizing the rides all weekend long 'Squatch. Much appreciated as I could see it can be difficult to get such large group of riders of varying abilities down the hill in a safe and fun way!
    It's always fun taking a group out on our trails and seeing how much fun they have. It's especially fun when we get fast and talented riders like yerself. I think that the HD would be a great race bike for you. I agree that the SL-R is probably more suitbale, but the HD climbed so well that I could see it making a great trail bike for a fit rider.

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    Bones, your itinerary is the ideal 3 day plan for MBO in my opinion.

If you have the stamina, doing ATC or ATW are well worth it, and neither are nearly as tough as Bunchgrass. They are definitely harder than the standard Alpine ride, but not by a huge amount.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ibis was indeed the hot booth at MBO... Many happy demo riders for sure, Thumbs up to the guy who works that demo scene all summer long...

I do have a complaint though:

When I asked to demo the Ripley he said he didn't have one available... Go figure??!

DAMN... thought he might slip up and say something interesting
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com