mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Is Ibis love a virulent disease, or should I get a kickback from Ibis?

Have any of you experienced this?

Since I got my first ibis in 2008, every one of my good friends who has bought a new bike has bought... an ibis.

I try to restrain myself from frothing at the mouth about how amazing the bikes are, I really do. I probably fail. And I can't honestly pretend to take the credit - these men make their own decisions. But really - 100%? OK, small sample size, but that is still statistically significant, right?

me: Mojo in 2008
    e: Mojo in 2009
    me: HD in 2011 (a surprise birthday present from, in part, a bunch of these guys, so maybe that counts as well?)
    z: SLR in 2012
    s: SLR in 2012
    ea: Mojo HD in 2012

who's next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Ibis love a virulent disease, or should I get a kickback from Ibis?-greenbike.jpg  

Is Ibis love a virulent disease, or should I get a kickback from Ibis?-img_2655.jpg  

Is Ibis love a virulent disease, or should I get a kickback from Ibis?-img_0139-copy.jpg  

Is Ibis love a virulent disease, or should I get a kickback from Ibis?-photo.jpg  

Last edited by mikemikemike; 02-13-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add picture of the original green mojo

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Haha, I also have this missionary attitude. Only a few days ago a friend of mine indicated some interest in an HD. So I offered him to try fit and feel of my bike on the parking lot and to ride together as soon as the weather allows. - While we were talking I realized I sounded like an Ibis salesman or as if I could hope for commission or something. I asked myself why, since I don't have any benefit if he decided for an HD instead of whatever else. But I freaking LOVE this bike! Spread the Ibis evangelism :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The check is in the mail ; )
    H

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    The check is in the mail ; )
    H
    And the legendary customer service continues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have a mojo c 2009 and two of my biking buddies converted their 2012 reign to ibis hd after seeing my old mojo c. The virus must be real. lol.

mtbr member
    I have directly sold six HDs plus mine. By sold I mean I literally talked them into it and then drove them to the shop so they could buy them. I have also indirectly sold a few as well. I am an Ibis missionary.

You can take the sales guy out of the bike shop but you can't take the bike shop out of the sales guy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I try and discourage people from getting an
    Ibis...esp an HD.

That way I stay faster

mtbr member
    I went from Zero Ibis to three in the last 18months
    1)starter Mojo SL
    2) wifeys SL
    3)my HD

Go figure

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackho View Post
    I went from Zero Ibis to three in the last 18months
    1)starter Mojo SL
    2) wifeys SL
    3)my HD

Go figure
    haha, exactly the same here, but I started in 2008! I'm working on convincing her she needs an HD.

Pretty sure people have gotten tired of me telling them how rad the bikes are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I just got ibis mojo SL before thxgiving last year. On dec my buddy got SLR, January another buddy got HD.
    We need to report this virus to CDC.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    I try and discourage people from getting an
    Ibis...esp an HD.

That way I stay faster
    + that

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've convinced 3 of my friends to get the SL special blend instead of specialized bikes, which seems to be what most of my regular riding friends are on (a lot of bike for the money at least back then). Then last weekend I rode with some of the OTC of santa Cruz and both were on HD as well so I wasn't alone anymore which was nice! apparently they count people NOT on Ibis, where I felt I was alone knowing and telling how great Mojos are...

great bike and especially great customer service will make each of us great salesmen... smart way to do business.
    My only grief is how expensive those bikes can get... had it not been for the special blend (which is very hidden) I would have never been able to convince those 3 to get them.