Thread: ibis info

To legit to quit

New question here. ibis info

ok so i just scored this frame and i'm curious about it. i hear ibis i think old school so i figured i'd ask here. can anyone tell me more about this frame?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MySpace.com/DansJustChillin
    MySpace.com/DirtyBobbysBikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    ok so i just scored this frame and i'm curious about it. i hear ibis i think old school so i figured i'd ask here. can anyone tell me more about this frame?
    Well it looks like a Mojo.

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by ibisGuy
    Well it looks like a Mojo.
    i figured that out. what size seatpost and what's the value of it? i plan on keeping it but it would be nice to know just how big i scored.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dansjustchillin
    i figured that out. what size seatpost and what's the value of it? i plan on keeping it but it would be nice to know just how big i scored.
    I believe the seatpost size is 28.6mm as for value I have no idea. I imagine you could take look eBay and see what they are selling at.

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by ibisGuy
    I believe the seatpost size is 28.6mm as for value I have no idea. I imagine you could take look eBay and see what they are selling at.
    cool i'll have to come up with a 28.6 post. looked on ebay and didnt see any. wonder how much blue i can get on it.

ahb
    zoip.
    Apr 2005
    based on the decals and the lack of a canti hanger (hand job) in the rear, I'd guess that'a pretty recent one. ibis was making bikes until 2001 (or even 2002? I don't remember...) so my guess is that it's from the last couple years. I've got a 97 hakkalugi and it's got older decals than that. it's probably not worth more than seven or eight thousand dollars for the frame. if you're willing to trade, i've got this bridge.....

naw man, just ride it and enjoy it. I wouldn't bother with ano blue unless you particularly like the look. not "period correct" for the frame and the ugliest of all ano colors, IMO.

Edit: Yeah, and seatposts: look around, they're out there. good thing about the somewhat odd size is that the posts don't bring much money. SC bullit uses 28.6 as well, if I remember correctly. I got a thomson on ebay for pennies....

To legit to quit
    Quote Originally Posted by ahb
    based on the decals and the lack of a canti hanger (hand job) in the rear, I'd guess that'a pretty recent one. ibis was making bikes until 2001 (or even 2002? I don't remember...) so my guess is that it's from the last couple years. I've got a 97 hakkalugi and it's got older decals than that. it's probably not worth more than seven or eight thousand dollars for the frame. if you're willing to trade, i've got this bridge.....

naw man, just ride it and enjoy it. I wouldn't bother with ano blue unless you particularly like the look. not "period correct" for the frame and the ugliest of all ano colors, IMO.

Edit: Yeah, and seatposts: look around, they're out there. good thing about the somewhat odd size is that the posts don't bring much money. SC bullit uses 28.6 as well, if I remember correctly. I got a thomson on ebay for pennies....
    i'm not gonna get to crazy with the blue not like my red bike. i'll score a blue sid for it at least and probably go with polished everything else.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hurray!! For the love of ibis!!!

Handjob was an option, so it is possible it would be an earlier ibis, 99-00, made in sonoma, if thats the case. what does the sticker on the left side say? It'll tell you where it was made?

Whats it worth? who knows, there have been a few frames in the high 300's but it's only worth what someone would pay.
    Keep it, build it up and ride it. Ibis mojo is one of the best riding steel bikes you'll ever run into, and they are always gorgeous.

MY ride: