Thread: Ibis hot unit

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Ibis hot unit

remember these bad boys?
    it was awesome to have a hot beverage on the way to work, I used to have one and loved it!
    bring it back hans...you know you want too...
    just think a trail capable coffee mug in a cage...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I sent Scot email not too long ago lamenting the loss of my lovely cobalt blue Ibis pint glass. Would be nice to see those brought back along with the Hot Units....hell, add a nice whiskey flask & cage ala Surley too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamath
    I sent Scot email not too long ago lamenting the loss of my lovely cobalt blue Ibis pint glass. Would be nice to see those brought back...!
    If you're ever in Austin you can drink a pint out of one of mine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There is one for sale up on Ebay for way way way too much $

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah I've thought about asking a question on that aution, namely "Are you smoking crack?"

holding back the darkness
    $169?!?!?
    I'm an Ibis fanboy and all, but that's retarded. Even more retarded is that there is some moron out there that will probably buy it.

I'm pretty sure I could modify a cage in some meaningful way to accept a stainless thermos from REI or Starbucks (oh look, there's two in my cupboard....) and slap an ibis sticker on it. Heck for that kind of money I could rivet and honest-to-goodness Ibis headtube badge to the side of the thing and call it a Hotter Unit.

I'm doing it. Ibisians, watch for my headtube badge order.
    The rest of you, I will be taking preproduction orders for the low low price of $165 plus shipping. That is a bargain compared to what other jackasses are charging for flawed, outdated products.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That one's been on there for a couple weeks I think. He had some other smaller parts like a toe jamb keychain or bottle opener or something for like $45 or more. I'd love to get one, but not at that price.